Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 (834 Views)

Blood Moon Thread (Live Updates: Pictures & Videos) / Telcos Now Sending Message To Deactivate Unwanted SMS For Fear Of Law Suits / Whatsapp To Deactivate Blackbery And Other Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 by philomental: 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
I use windows 10 and it has been a nice experience, so far, but not too far. It updates itself automatically and thus consumes a lot of my data. I have tried all I could to deactivate or change it to my suit my plan, but to no avail.

Does anybody here have an idea on what I should do?

I will be glad for your responses, thanks.
Re: How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 4:57am On Jan 21, 2016
philomental:
I use windows 10 and it has been a nice experience, so far, but not too far. It updates itself automatically and thus consumes a lot of my data. I have tried all I could to deactivate or change it to my suit my plan, but to no avail.

Does anybody here have an idea on what I should do?

I will be glad for your responses, thanks.

Simply go into the settings and toggle the update switch.
Also turn off all live tiles.
Re: How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 by philomental: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Simply go into the settings and toggle the update switch.
Also turn off all live tiles.

Please brother can you make it simple and stepwise, cos I don't understand what you mean here. Thanks
Re: How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2016
philomental:

Please brother can you make it simple and stepwise, cos I don't understand what you mean here. Thanks

Click start - open settings - navigate to update and security - click on windows update - click advanced options.
Then navigate from within.
Also, right click on tiles and click on turn live tiles off
Re: How To Deactivate Auto Updates On Windows 10 by Lexusgs430: 10:18am On Jan 21, 2016
philomental:

. Click start - open settings - navigate to update and security - click on windows update - click advanced options.
Then navigate from within

(1) (Reply)

Apple Is Building World Mighthiest Office First Of Its Kind... Photos / ---- BITX ---- / 5 Signs Your Network Has Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.