Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? (21215 Views)

Have You Ever Seen Juju/jazz In Action? Come In And Share Your Experience / 7 Significant Numbers From The Bible / Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by naijacarlovers: 8:04am On Jan 21, 2016
I have read a lot of books in my lifetime, watched TV programs and engaged in other literary activities. In the course of doing these, I have come across lots of mistakes either in spelling, grammar or construction in the English used. But never have I seen any mistake in the Holy book, the Bible. I mean the proper bibles o. Awesome God.

Has anyone seen any?

If yes please answer with proof.

God bless us all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Junior66(m): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2016
only "peace" people will see errors of all types.
The only significant thing about this topic is that i made first to comment. If i hadn't seen God's miracles and wonders i would have given this post some thought. I am a sinner but nothing can ever shake my faith in Christ Jesus. Happy Sunday dear Nairalanders.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by saintkash(m): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2016
I mean the proper bibles o. Awesome God.

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all. [/quote]

chairman abeg which one be d proper Bible? do we have improper bibles? if yes then name them along with d proper one.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by saintkash(m): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2016
naijacarlovers:
I have read a lot of books in my lifetime, watched TV programs and engaged in other literary activities. In the course of doing these, I have come across lots of mistakes either in spelling, grammar or construction in the English used. But never have I seen any mistake in the Holy book, the Bible. I mean the proper bibles o. Awesome God.

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.

chairman abeg which one be d proper Bible? do we
have improper bibles? if yes then name them along
with d proper one.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Amberon: 9:53am On Jan 21, 2016
There are numerous versions of the bible. And recently there's been reports that the U S.A is planning to remove some words and adding whatever suits them.

KJV, NKJV and a few others are the proper bibles.
saintkash:
I mean the proper bibles o. Awesome God.

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.

chairman abeg which one be d proper Bible? do we have improper bibles? if yes then name them along with d proper one.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by CoolUsername: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
Genesis 1 says there's water above the sky.
That's so wrong!

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
Need more? Let me no

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by naijacarlovers: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Need more? Let me no
Yes please, provide more. We are all learning.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Slikbae: 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
Do not listen to these descendants of Ishmael AKA the mistakes of Abraham. They will lead you into an abyss.
naijacarlovers:

Yes please, provide more. We are all learning.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
Your naiveity befuddles me.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by johnydon22(m): 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.
You probably have never read the bible.. that is the only reason why can so happily blurt out such disappointing post in public...

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by UncleSnr(m): 8:03am On Jan 23, 2016
hockeyoilers:
1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)
2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)
4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)
5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2
Na you get time.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by obiZEAL(m): 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.
dude the earth is round...what shape did the bible say it was again?

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by CoolUsername: 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2016
UncleSnr:
Na you get time.

Well, maybe he thinks that if you're going to base all your beliefs on a book then you should at least read it properly.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by onetrack(m): 6:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
The Bible is riddled with errors, contradictions, and absurdities.

I recommend the following site for pointing out such errors. The site also has the Quran as well with all of its errors and absurdities.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by sonofthunder: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.
go and buy Bible and read it

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by HardMirror(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.
I stopped being a christain when I realized harry potter series made more sense than the bible.
So obvious you don't read the bible. It takes fear of god throwing you into hell to overlook the contradictions of the bible and just swallow it as truth. It is one of the most ridiculous books ever written

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?

Yes (Mark 6:cool
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?

Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
No (Luke 9:9)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?

Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
No (John 1:32,33)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?

Yes (John 1:32, 33)
No (Matthew 11:2)

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by ril19(m): 1:19am On Jan 24, 2016
The Only Mistake I See Is Your Question OP.

THERE CAN'T BE A MISTAKE IN GOD'S INSPIRED WORD THE BIBLE!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by naijacarlovers: 1:26am On Jan 24, 2016
johnydon22:
You probably have never read the bible.. that is the only reason why can so happily blurt out such disappointing post in public...

This English sef, why are you so hard for some people? Is is not clear I am referring to grammar not the stories, events or numbers?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by naijacarlovers: 1:29am On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?

Yes (Mark 6:cool
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?

Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
No (Luke 9:9)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?

Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
No (John 1:32,33)

Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?

Yes (John 1:32, 33)
No (Matthew 11:2)

Not disputing your answers. I was referring to the grammar. But remember that it's a collection of various accounts from different people from different years later compiled into one book.

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On Jan 24, 2016
naijacarlovers:

This English sef, why are you so hard for some people? Is is not clear I am referring to grammar not the stories, events or numbers?
Am pretty sure that is called "Grammatical errors"... SMH... You are so correct, i wonder why English is so hard for some people.. Chai.. You have murdered English already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by finofaya: 8:12am On Jan 24, 2016
naijacarlovers:

Has anyone seen any?

God bless us all.

Have you read the English translation of the Qur'an? Or a book of the Bible written in its original language by the original author?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:47am On Jan 24, 2016
I'll be back, not impressed tho
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by hakeem4(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2016
angry grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by bqlekan(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Who brought this to FP? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by allanphash7(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2016
Sure

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Ymodulus: 8:49am On Jan 24, 2016
There are errors.

Some errors are wrong spellings and some are grammatical errors.

Today scholars add punctuations to the bible translation from Greek, making guesses on what they feel is right or wrong. But this is not how it was in early days. In the early days when the Greek translation was written there were no punctuations.

An epitome example of my explanation can be seen in Jesus response to the theif on his right hand side when he was hanged. The response can be seen in Luke 23:43

That verse brings up the question of Punctuations.

Jesus replied the thief saying Truly I tell you today you will be with me in Paradise ( Note* punctuations left out)

The question with this verse is, "Where to you insert the comma in the quote?

Should we say,

1. Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in paradise.

OR

2. Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise

The question as to the placement of the comma, can lead to grammatical errors of understanding - in your case a theological misreading and misinterpretation.

In case 1, where the comma is immediately after the word 'today'.
The sense of the sentence is that Jesus is promising the thief on this very day that yes the thief will be with Jesus in Paradise, but it doesn't neccesarily mean that it will be that afternoon. It may mean that the thief will join Christ at the great ressurection of the dead at the end of time, which Paul is alluding to in his letters.

In case 2, where the comma is immediately after the word You
Jesus is telling the thief that he will be with him in paradise that very afternoon. Once they die then the thief will go to heaven and be with Jesus.

You may see this as no problem, but truly it is as even till date there is argument among Christian scholars as to what Jesus really meant and this is a really serious issue of concern on the bible in general as errors of this nature can be seen in several many verses.

All of this because there is no real punctuation in what we have, and that which we do have is someone's best guess.

O I forget, Bible believing fanatics always use the excuse - the inconsistencies are there to make us ponder the mysteries of God.

What a foolish excuse.

Ymodulus.

Cc: Aaronson , SonOfLucifer

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by Cindylacute2015: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2016
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by SirElaw(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2016
No
Re: Have You Ever Seen Any Mistakes In The Bible? by promisechild(m): 8:56am On Jan 24, 2016
p

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Adopting A Child? / ( MUST READ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation / Coronavirus Will Not Catch You - Pastor Kumuyi Says (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.