Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,531 members, 7,833,731 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Should I Resign? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Resign? (950 Views)

Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably / How Do I Resign? / A Nigerian Sends An Email To Resign From PricewaterhouseCoopers In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign? by nosmas: 10:58am On Jun 24, 2009
naira lander pls advise me ooooo, i am currently employ with a coy on marina but leave in festac. salary barely leave anything for savings except for extras we get from behind the door business deal and this is not forthcoming any longer.
A formal school mate is inviting me to join him in oil and gas biz which he himself is still new in it.he is saying that the only way he can reward me for those days i stood with him when thing was down financially for him. I am an expentant father with barely no savings as i lost most part of my investment in the stock crash. SO do i join my friend or hope a better job will come my way. Naira ander where do i go from here??
Re: Should I Resign? by Trbrown: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2009
@ Nosmas dis is a decision for u to make. u hv to consider the pros and cons. firstly how genuie is the biz ur friend is into? if it is genuie and promises to be longterm den let him gt u d offer letter first, until dis is in ur hands my brother keep going with wot u hv as u keep searching for a better one. Remember there r many out there who would not mind having wot u already hv. Like i said b4 u weigh the pros and cons.
Re: Should I Resign? by rusky(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2009
my brother, because there are others who want the job you have does not mean you should continue to stay in that dead beat job, if you know your friend very well and can vouch for his honesty and thruthfulness then i suggest you look into his proposal, go through it thoroughly and then if it is ok, resign and join him.

how would you feel if you say no and in three years time he becomes the talk of the town. believe me, you will feel terrible, very terrible. do not be afraid to take risks,
Re: Should I Resign? by folux: 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2009
before leaving 1 gd thing 4 another,it means it is better. but my brother,u av to consider all perspectives to it.u need to b convinced dt job ur friend introduced u 2 is real cos he may not av told u all dts involved. unless ure so convinced of his straightforwardness, then u may agrre to what he says but may not accept dem. Remember, ull face d consequencies all alone n pls remember ur family.
Re: Should I Resign? by wisedman10: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2009
First thing first, you did not post this for us to advice you on whether to resign or not. You did this because you want us to succeed or fail in convincing you to take risk(s). Risk(s) requires complete evaluation before you take it or them as the case may be. If you have not fully evaluated the situation at hand, making any decision based on what we say here will either hunt you or make you come back and say a big thank you. I will suggest you do a thorough evaluation of the new proposal and what you stand to gain from your current job (i am concerned about skills you can develop). Always remember, how relevant a skill is depends on how relevant you made/make it. My brother, you have to work on developing skills that will make you relevant in the present nigeria. That way, you may unseat your boss.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vacancy / This Company Is Recruiting (preferably Lagos) / Guiness Is Calling:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.