Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Factors To Consider Before Changing That Gadget. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Factors To Consider Before Changing That Gadget. (868 Views)

Wicked Gadget Combo....2017 Dec(all sold out) / Factors To Be Considered Before Buying Tstv Decoder / Get A Feex (fix) For Your Gadget Without Leaving Your Comfort Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Factors To Consider Before Changing That Gadget. by sucobaba(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
I'm a tech lover,a techpreneur of some sort in my own ways and thus interested in what goes into a phone,what it does,price,feel of it,support,optimisation, review etc
A tech blogger material especially at a time when blogging is the in-thing (banana island is cool o),content and knowledge is there but i'm ok the way I am. I'm mostly active on the business section of sports betting kikiki.

Gadget manufacturers overwhelm us with tools everyday that we are so confused with what to buy when we need to change/back up that long faithful or annoying gadget..
Family,friends and clients always ask "which phone should I buy", "Android or Blackberry, which is better?" "Iphone or Samsung" "Infinix or Innjoo" , "HP or Dell" etc

My response has always been the same,"what's the price threshold?, "what do you want to do with it?", "any brand in mind?", "used or brand new?" "Colour?" and lastly "any specs in mind?". My recommendations are custom-made such that its elastic enough to accommodate all indices objectively without bias and viola!!!!.....they are happy with the result.

Did you noticed the order of my questions?
1. Price
2. Need(s) to satisfy
3. Brand
4. Condition
5. Colour
6 AOS (Any Other Specs)
7. End- User Reviews

1. Price : This is self-explanatory,economists coined it ED (Effective Demand),what you should consider first is your POCKET. How much are you willing to shell out for that machine?
Eg N20,000 - N30,000.....N50,000 - N80,000.......N1,000- N3,000
N80,000 - N150,000

2. Need(s) to satisfy: What do you need the new gadget for?what are you targeting the most? Eg A good Camera/PPI phone, a 4.4 or 5.1 ANDROID version, a LONG BATTERY, a 4G phone ,a good GPU and RAM,DUAL SIMs, Torchlight phone, an MTK processor good for IMEI changing (FBT) , etc.
Someone who is a selfie lover specs will be different from a gamers specs to a blogger to basic telephony and ultimately to that person who wants AN ALL ROUNDER.

3. Brand: Are you particular about the branding? Must it be an Iphone or Samsung? Infinix or Innjoo? HP or Dell? etc. Personally I don't go for a particular brand,if what i'm looking for falls to be LG....good. Some people are so specific that if its not a SAMSUNG....forget it (lol). One should learn to respect their decisions,just get them informed.

4. Conditions: Is it new or used,if used what's the condition?like new/mint,fairly used with average cosmetic damage etc. If one is going for used, patronise a good shop,trader or seller with good reputation and review and NOT street sellers/hawkers.

5. Colour: I love black and as such...ALL my phones/powerbank/laptop are black (lol,I no be devil o but I love the colour because it doesn't "shout"wink. Some persons will prefer White, Gold etc....whatever rocks your boat and available.

6. AOS: Other specs here includes DUAL SIMs which are both open at the same time ,removable or non-removable battery, USB OTG compliant, Snapdragon/MTK/Intel/AMD processor, Gorilla glass protection, a 5 incher screen etc

7. End- User Review: The internet has made it very easy sampling the pulse and reviews of end users,one should be open-minded when sampling this reviews viz-a-viz manufacturers's review.
Some manufacturers specifications are sometimes blown out of proportion that one shouldn't follow them hook,line and sinker.
Recommended a phone last week for a cousin only to confirmed from end- users its not a MTK processor as advertised.

Wishing you an informed and satisfying shopping experience.
Cc dragnet....a FP material? YES in my opinion.

Kindly add yours as Knowledge they say is power, we learn everyday and no one is an island.
Re: Factors To Consider Before Changing That Gadget. by sucobaba(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
This is for Blackberry OS 7 users who lost their Facebook
App after updating to the latest update some few days ago.
Use this link to download and restore your beloved app,

a d f . l y / 1 Y a I R R

(Copy and paste the above link in your browser and delete
every spaces in between,you should be left with 13
characters in total)

Please DO NOT UPDATE the app again.

Like, share and let's pass the message

Still rocking my BB since 1356 lol

(1) (Reply)

5.reasons Why GLO Is Better Than Other Nigeria Network Providers / Hp Compaq G61 For Sale In Ph / Clean HTC One M8 For Sale In Benin for 50k :SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.