Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? (1252 Views)

See Why You Will Soon Cut Your SIM Again If You Are Using Infinix And Tecno / Why You Must Put PIN/PUK On Your SIM Card. / Woman Saw Soap After Unboxing Her Newly Purchased Iphone (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 22, 2016
I get confused when friends tell me they can't afford to dump their MTN lines all because it is their hot lines. Suprisngly most of them still insist that they can't let go even after the queuing and shouting at the various MTN service centres nationwide to complete the registration of their blocked lines.
MTN has a poor network coverage outside cities and big towns, their 3gservice is limited to only Busy areas across the federation. Their call rates are the most expensive and people still care so much about them. Most of their Highway sites have no GSM and 3G antennas but only PDH links used in moving traffic.
Nothing is special about them except that they make huge financial profits yearly.
It is high time people exploit the portability option which enables you to change your service provider and still maintain your number e.g using your 0806 and 0803 on Etisalat or Glo. These other service providers have cheaper call rates, better network coverage, faster internet speed at a cheaper rate across the nation even in the village and also various Bonus offers for every recharge. Port your line today and get that long awaited liberty.
ADEGOKE.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Op whatbis this? A conspiracy against MTN? Like it or not Mtn is still the best all round network in Nigeria. Note the word 'all round'. They have the best coverage..u can't say their coverage is only in the cities... U urself know that's a BIG LIE . I went to my village last November and of my 2 lines, only Mtn was able to get reception and internet service. My etisalat was bkankz likewise my sister's airtel.

Yes Mtn are having problems now with registration, but it is not enough reason to write them off... U think people going to line up are fools? They have one of the fastest internet. And I can tell u their internet is not as expensive as some ISP. I buy 2gb for N2,000. And the best part of their data service is they have the best data management. If I load 2gb on my etisalat line it will go down to zero within 3 days... I just don't know how they do it. But load the same 2gb on my Mtn I can use it for 10 days. And don't tell me its slow... It is faster than etisalat at least in my area and I have 4g on my phone all the time.. No 3g, no edge.

There is no perfect network in Nigeria. Glo is even worse when it comes to data. Their data can know how to disappear and reappear on ur phone. I dumped my glo line because whenever I want to use Internet service, the thing will just disappear in my phone and I will have to start waiting for the H+ to reappear, sometimes might take up to 20 minutes for it to reappear... Not reliable at all. Don't even let me start with airtel. There are only 2 networks I can use in Nigeria, that is Mtn and etisalat. Glo and airtel are still learning.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by AkProsper(m): 2:09am On Jan 22, 2016
I guess this OP uses the green colour network
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by PhonePlanet(m): 2:42am On Jan 22, 2016
udmbat:
I get confused when friends tell me they can't afford to dump their MTN lines all because it is their hot lines. Suprisngly most of them still insist that they can't let go even after the queuing and shouting at the various MTN service centres nationwide to complete the registration of their blocked lines.
I've read the whole rubbish you wrote, so you decided to act for your friends abi? Like say they lining up dey pepper you for body. I'm angry, you wrote completely trash, even lawma would deny that this can't be left for them.

MTN has a poor network coverage outside cities and big towns, their 3gservice is limited to only Busy areas across the federation. Their call rates are the most expensive and people still care so much about them. Most of their Highway sites have no GSM and 3G antennas but only PDH links used in moving traffic.
MTN has the best network coverage amongst ALL networks in nigeria, FACT!!! All networks including internet providers, any network at all, name it! Where I stay in Ibeju lekki, MTN was the only network that had 3G service, until Glo joined about 2 years back. Till date, from my house, you can only find EDGE on etisalat.
Another fact is, MTN has the cheapest call rates!!! You know your problem? You don't use MTN so how should you know? I use GLO on my BB and MTN on my smaller phone to call! Cos their call rates is cheaper and network coverage! I could had easily port to glo, its not that hard. And your last line does not make an atom of sense. Infact I'm beginning to think you have a personal spiritual problem, MTN is not your problem.

Nothing is special about them except that they make huge financial profits yearly
Oya tell me, which company does not have make huge financial profits yearly? Ehn? Maybe starcomms(that is if they still exist)..but the profits starcomms makes can still send your entire generation schooling abroad.
Forget profit...cos na watin all of dey look, nobody looks at expenditure!
Each network mast are powered by diesel 24/7, now imagine buying fuel for your I pass my neighbour generator to be on 24/7. And this people do that on plants, where you can have about 5 in an small area x the thousands around the country, imagine how much these network companies spend to run their services in Nigeria, and MTN having the widest coverage, they spend far more than any other network provider. You do the maths. You think we are doing MTN a favour by using it network?

It is high time people exploit the portability option which enables you to change your service provider and still maintain your number e.g using your 0806 and 0803 on Etisalat or Glo. These other service providers have cheaper call rates, better network coverage, faster internet speed at a cheaper rate across the nation even in the village and also various Bonus offers for every recharge. Port your line today and get that long awaited liberty.
ADEGOKE.

SMH for you BIG TIME!! You so think people using and staying with MTN are fools? Etisalat that has high call rates less coverage or Glo that has one the worst customer care service ever from any company at all in the whole world, very complex and confused network, they only have cheap data plans and internet speed. But MTN data count is still the most accurate in Nigeria.

MTN is not perfect but at least the got many things right compare to any other network. And I've used all the network and still have sims for them all.
I've never had a single issue with registering of sim since I registered my mtn in 2013. But my etisalat was blocked after the deadline, and I registered it!

I did not mention airtel at all cos airtel is not even a network in the first place, very terrible.

Dude stop hating please.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by gidimasters(m): 6:52am On Jan 22, 2016
incase of fp
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 22, 2016
PhonePlanet:
I've read the whole rubbish you wrote, so you decided to act for your friends abi? Like say they lining up dey pepper you for body. I'm angry, you wrote completely trash, even lawma would deny that this can't be left for them.

MTN has the best network coverage amongst ALL networks in nigeria, FACT!!! All networks including internet providers, any network at all, name it! Where I stay in Ibeju lekki, MTN was the only network that had 3G service, until Glo joined about 2 years back. Till date, from my house, you can only find EDGE on etisalat.
Another fact is, MTN has the cheapest call rates!!! You know your problem? You don't use MTN so how should you know? I use GLO on my BB and MTN on my smaller phone to call! Cos their call rates is cheaper and network coverage! I could had easily port to glo, its not that hard. And your last line does not make an atom of sense. Infact I'm beginning to think you have a personal spiritual problem, MTN is not your problem.

Oya tell me, which company does not have make huge financial profits yearly? Ehn? Maybe starcomms(that is if they still exist)..but the profits starcomms makes can still send your entire generation schooling abroad.
Forget profit...cos na watin all of dey look, nobody looks at expenditure!
Each network mast are powered by diesel 24/7, now imagine buying fuel for your I pass my neighbour generator to be on 24/7. And this people do that on plants, where you can have about 5 in an small area x the thousands around the country, imagine how much these network companies spend to run their services in Nigeria, and MTN having the widest coverage, they spend far more than any other network provider. You do the maths. You think we are doing MTN a favour by using it network?

SMH for you BIG TIME!! You so think people using and staying with MTN are fools? Etisalat that has high call rates less coverage or Glo that has one the worst customer care service ever from any company at all in the whole world, very complex and confused network, they only have cheap data plans and internet speed. But MTN data count is still the most accurate in Nigeria.

MTN is not perfect but at least the got many things right compare to any other network. And I've used all the network and still have sims for them all.
I've never had a single issue with registering of sim since I registered my mtn in 2013. But my etisalat was blocked after the deadline, and I registered it!

I did not mention airtel at all cos airtel is not even a network in the first place, very terrible.

Dude stop hating please.
you live in Lagos, go to other states and see for yourself. I told you MTN are only concerned about hot areas. Travel to your village tomorrow and see how better glo & etisalat are
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Acidosis(m): 8:14am On Jan 22, 2016
MTN has a good brand positioning in the Nigerian telecom industry. It is not about 'who has the best 4G.' Who can measure the speed or see 4G? How many Nigerians even care about these things? We don't need the superfast service to Whatsapp, Ping, download mid range attachments of less than 100MB.

You need to understand the fact that aside being the first telecom company in Nigeria, MTN has a strong brand, a strong marketing team and a reliable service (even though, as you claim, is not the fastest or best).

Some people won't abandon PEAK MILK, just because COWBELL introduced N5 sachets and a cheaper evaporated or condensed milk.

When people have a good perception towards your brand, it will take serious efforts to make them patronize another brand.

Some people, like myself patronize only 1 tailor, 1 barber, it doesn't make them the best out there, but I have a good perception about their service, even though my tailor sometimes disappoints me. That's how it works for a good number of MTN customers and this principle is what every company hopes to achieve (in marketing, we call it BRAND LOYALTY).
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Xhaka(m): 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Loses are more than gain shocked
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
Customers are not happy. Never happy
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by bukkielee(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lalasticlala ishilove
Front page please
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by adeememman(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
udmbat:
Nothing is special about them except that they make huge financial profits yearly.
ADEGOKE.
funny post from funny op. U neva hear know that MTN is like the devil that gives you cap to take a whole head from you. Any time they give me bonus or i participate in any of their promos, FEAR dey always catch me because i know anytin can happen.
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by PhonePlanet(m): 9:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
udmbat:
you live in Lagos, go to other states and see for yourself. I told you MTN are only concerned about hot areas. Travel to your village tomorrow and see how better glo & etisalat are
Dude my mom went to her village (oke in edo. State) last december and only MTN was active so shuuuu.
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by lekjons(m): 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
Music plus psiphon cheesy
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
The Only good thing i know is their Freebie Package:

Simple Server..

Psiphon Handler..

I can forgive em for any other Sin because of these two named apps that their Network work on.. If you have used these two apps for almost Two Years, then you'll truly appreciate the Beauty of MTN..

MTN can be disappointing sometimes tho, buh the question is: Why cant Glo and Etisalat step their game up?? Glo is getting more attention now based on their Blackberry Android Config..

Please dont mind my rants about Network Cheats.. Who can afford 10k monthly for 20GB?
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by jericco1(m): 5:01am On Jan 23, 2016
Well nothing.... dem never still send dat deir nonsense re register message to me... who cares when I rock it with my SAS.
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Chuksworld(m): 8:01am On Jan 23, 2016
I guess MTN subscribers are just loyal. They find it difficult to switch
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Meklex(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2016
udmbat:
ADEGOKE.
can I port if they have barred(not blocked) my sim from making calls?
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Code45: 11:13am On Jan 23, 2016
Nothing!
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
Meklex:
can I port if they have barred(not blocked) my sim from making calls?
you can for sure
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by Oluwagrace1(f): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2016
Mtn is d best network cause people are enjoying back to back cheat, from 2015mb, to 3gb, 6gb, 9gb, to goodybag cheat, to 2go mb (accumulation), to musicplus mb, just to mention buy a few. Many dudes even make money from it. Tell me which network can beat this. @Op, u can come collect one mtn sim for free. Mtn all d way
Re: What Have You Gained From MTN Since You Purchased Your Sim Card? by abiodun175(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
Thanks to @MTNNIGERIA, 300MB every month is a worthwhile freebie from them.

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Iphone 6 Fell Into Water!! / Anyone With Opo Specific Qualcomm Band Unlocker? / Here Is Gionee S8 With 3D Touch Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.