Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Help: When Is UI Post UME? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help: When Is UI Post UME? (2135 Views)

University Of Ibadan(ui) Post-utme Cut-off Points(2012/2013 / Yehxhx / When Is Ui Post Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 12:59am On Jun 25, 2009
Please when is UI's Post ume coming out pliz isn't there anybody that wants to help me out pliz pliz pliz
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by fataiiyo(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2009
2009/2010 UME ADMISSIONS
Instructions| Result Submission | List of Banks | Information & update

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

SCREENING OF 2009/2010 UME CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION

The University of Ibadan, Ibadan, hereby requests all candidates who made the University their First choice in the 2009/2010 UME and scored 200 and above, to submit the results of their SSCE WASC/NECO or equivalent certificate ONLINE directly through http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng or via http://www.ui.edu.ng/admissions on or before Saturday 12 July 2009.
Bona-fide candidates who are expecting the release of their results CANNOT participate in the current on-line exercise, until such results are released. SSCE or equivalent results released after 31st August 2009 will not be considered for the 2009/2010 Admissions Exercise.
3. Instructions

(i) Present JAMB result slip and pay N2,000.00 into U.I. Students Fee Account (See datails below) at any of the approved branches of Afribank, First Bank and Wema Bank (See List of approved branches above) nearest to you:

UI Students Fee Account Details

Afribank Nigeria Plc, U.I. branch, Ibadan. (Ac. No – 0412848246618)

Wema Bank Plc, Bodija branch, Ibadan.(Ac. No. – 0681083183613)

First Bank of Nigeria Plc, U.I. branch, Ibadan.(Ac. No. – 1232040000170)

The list of participating branches of the banks nationwide can be found on-line at U.I web: http://www.ui.edu.ng/admissions

(iii) A slip containing the following details is given at the bank, consequent upon payment, as receipt of transaction

JAMB Registration No:………………. Teller No:………………,

PIN:………………. Bank:………………… Bank branch:…………….

(iii) With information from the “Bank Slip” log into the admission portal on-line, using JAMB Reg. No. and PIN, (http://www.admissions.ui.edu.ng) to submit biodata and results.

(iv) The on-line forms are carefully filled following ALL necessary instructions, as “mistake(s)” may lead to disqualification.

B(i) Please fill the form in CAPITAL letters only

(ii) Multiple submissions may lead to disqualification.

(iii) Please ensure that you check your entries properly before clicking on Submit as you may not be able to make any corrections thereafter. You can revisit the page to complete submission anytime provided the final submission has not been made.

(iv) Kindly use functional E-mail addresses and Telephone numbers to enable us reach you in the course of the Admission exercise, whenever the need arises.

(v) All genuine enquiries should be directed to:uiadmin2009@mail.ui.edu.ng.

(vi) For further information on admissions, visit: http://www.ui.edu.ng/admissions.

(vii) Schedule:

Names of short listed candidates for the Interactive/Screening Sessions will be displayed on the University’s Website.

4. Kindly note that it is only when an ‘O’ level result is deficient for a course of choice, that another result may be presented to compliment the deficient one, BOTH RESULTS MUST BE DEFICIENT. Candidates presenting two ‘O’ level results (2 sittings) should ensure that, the comprehensive details of, both results are submitted.

5. The deadline for submission of ‘O’ level results may not be extended. Any candidate whose results are not submitted at the stipulated time may not be considered for admission.

6. Misrepresentation of document is a serious offence. Candidates are therefore advised to submit genuine document only. Any one found guilty of this offence will be disqualified automatically and may be handed over to the Police.

Signed

Omotayo O. Ikotun (Mrs.)

Registrar

26 June, 2009

IF U FIND IT DIFFICULT U CAN CALL ME FOR ANY ASSISTANT.0806220SEVEN481
0806TWO317TWO35
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2009
@all
It is with deep sense of concern to serve humanity that i write to all prospective uites for the 2009/2010 admission exercise that as u start ur journey towards becoming one of the fortunate nigerian students,i mean a uite.
i have been a student of ui since 2004 and i will be saying good bye in few weeks time and i implore u to read attentively what i wrote or that i have written on this site in the past cos i believe i have got all da experience u need to get going and when u check tru the site, u will get others that can help like shegcy,fatai,phemour,ayeni234,aydablues,afoadewale etc.
First, make sure u read all instructions before you begin to do or fill anything and as u know when u hear anything confirm it from the school website as well cos we r now in the information age and ui will not listen to u if u make any mistake along the line(those that make mistakes last yr were denied admission) and be careful as u begin this admission process cos every step u take during the filling of forms and the like are part of the screening exercise and so be careful once again and do things with little or no agressiveness.
Secondly,make sure u try to seek advice when it is necessary from those that u r sure have d right info and then i will advice that after gettin the pin and loggin in,print out the form u r to fill online,fill it and cross check and take it back online to fill and cross check again before submitting.
also, plz note that u dont need to pay anybody, i mean anybody not even me to get admission into ui, the first tin is merit and then others(confidential) but they r strict oh, so no pay anybody but if u wish to give charity then u r free to.
dont forget to pray as well,read tru d past thread on ui admissions, and u dont even need to come to ui until d screening exercise date so take am cool.plz dont mind my style of writin, i am writin as it occur to me.

And of course am still in ui as i write u so feel free to contact me for any info, search my past post, u will get my nos.
and u guys r luck now in the sense that we r on 2 wks break and we have got the time to assist u if God wills.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by shegzy(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2009
@ishow, how u dey man, we need to see for real. how can we get in touch with you, it me Fatai and shegzy right here now
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 8:06am On Jun 29, 2009
@fataiiyo
@all that replied
Hey guy u do not know what this means to me man u are a blood brother to me
tanx man tanx a lot and pliz keep me updated may god bless u.,
Then pliz how do i update my topics so that i can bring it back on top.,
Tanx and one love wink
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2009
@bighead
just reply the post and ur topic will be on top
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by U1(m): 11:46am On Jun 29, 2009
[QUOTE]we r on 2 wks break[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, ishow, I thought we are on strike not on a 2 weeks break. I may be wrong, but may I know where you got the information from. Thanks.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
@ui
dont mind them,i know it was suppose to be strike but they claim that it is a break as a result of strike sha. there was a special release on 26th june after an emergency meetin of senate, that the sch will be on 2wks pre exam break and they even said that the staff shd go on 10 days leave as well bla bla bla.me i still dey skool sha. it after the meetin, that they also release the post ume stuff.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by U1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
@ ishow

Thanks for the info. I have left school since last Wednesday. By the way, is this week the first or second week of the break? Thanks.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
@ui
this is d first week.
@all
make sure u post when u r able to get ur pin so as to let others know where to get their's.
so many questions coming.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by shegzy(m): 6:08pm On Jun 29, 2009
@Ishow call me here 0806two317two35 or flash , i will call u need to see for real .
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
Pliz tell me do i need the pin from the jamb scratch card or i will be provideed with one in the bank that i am to pay in
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 29, 2009
@fataiiyo
And pliz i hope that i am not bothering u., pliz how do i decode ur phone number they are written in alphabets
because i wish to contact u
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2009
@fataiiyoa
Please when are u sending or posting ur real phone number
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2009
@shegcy
i have ur nos with meb4now and i have tried callin b4 now n i even flash but u no get back.
@all

afribank ui branch said u guy shd check by 12noon wednesday for the pin n once u r able to get it,make sur u post it here for others.
Note also that the present application is for 1st choice only, second choice and those awaiting result wil be later.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by fataiiyo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 30, 2009
@bighead
my numba is 0806220748one
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2009
No on a more serious note and then pliz what time are u ussually online
and what is the pin required of me
then lastly when filling my jamb i filled in that i am to use the on going neco exams
but i later found out that my gce was released because it was witheld before so, i am thinking of using
my waec and combining it with my GCE
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by afix(m): 9:43am On Jul 01, 2009
O boy go ahead and use it,so far they are both from west africa examination council and their is at least three credit in each of them.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2009
@all thanks a lot
but it seems like i will be coming to ibadan on friday but what are the things that i need to bring along
and then what is the P I N that is said to be in the form that i am to fill
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by chriswill: 12:13am On Jul 02, 2009
hello please i chose ui as my first choice and during ume registration i went for wassce exams and my mum reg wit my neco result but i prefer the waec result am expectin to the neco result .i chose pet eng should i wait for awaiting result or should i register lyk dat.PLEASE HELPPPP
NECO,Maths c5,eng c6,chemc4,bio c4,phy c4
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by jaydee: 12:57am On Jul 02, 2009
My sister score in 240 UME and she want to study political science with her WAEC result below

Government C4
Economics C5
Account C4
Biology C6
English C5
Math D7

Did she’s qualify to study Political science with the result
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2009
@jaydee
Of course yes
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by chriswill: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2009
@nairalanders please reply my message
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 11:09am On Jul 02, 2009
@all
go get ur pin at FIRST BANK,WEMA,AND AFRIBANK UI AND BODIJA
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by afix(m): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2009
chriswill is better u made do with what u have and stop building castle in the air.Remember that candidate that use AR will only be given reminant courses not probably the course of his/her choice.
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by ishow2005(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2009
@chriswill
that ur result might not make pet eng but a neco AR might not be visible.GET IN TOUCH LETS TALK
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by jaydee: 5:51pm On Jul 02, 2009
@big head
Thanks so much
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 9:53pm On Jul 02, 2009
@jaydee
don't mention iy man what r we friends for
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2009
@all pliz keep me posted on what ever happens next
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
@fataiiyo please when are u ussually online
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by bighead1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
please is there any info on ibadan pume apart from the ones that we have seen
Re: Help: When Is UI Post UME? by U1(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2009
@ jaydee

Sorry I don't intend to be a wet blanket, but I think with that result your sister will need to embark on serious prayer and hard study. After calculating her points with that result you posted, the total came to 46 points (that is if UI can take Biology as a required course for political science). However, using this easiest step, you can calculate it your self:

A1 - 12 C4 - 6
B2 - 10 C5 - 4
B3 - 8 C6 - 2

O'level result constitutes 60 points, so someone who has A1 in 5 relevant courses already has 60 points. UME is 40 points, derived by dividing total scores achieved (or achievable) in UME by 10.

My advice for her is that she should also be monitoring her school of second choice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Natures Gentle Touch Hair Institute: Learn – Explore – Enjoy - Live / OSUN NYSC 2015 BATCH A-STREAM 1 GROUP / Top Five Reasons To Study In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.