Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,466 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Can Secret Cult Be Eradicated In Nigeria? By Adeboye Oluwatosin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Secret Cult Be Eradicated In Nigeria? By Adeboye Oluwatosin (450 Views)

Adedipe Oluwatosin Wins Young Nigerian Scientist Of The Year & N1M Yearly Grant / List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Secret Cult Be Eradicated In Nigeria? By Adeboye Oluwatosin by towsynguru(m): 5:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
Secret cult has now become a trending topic in the Nigerian society. It has eaten so deep into the society that youngsters between the ages of 10 to 18 are involved. Secret cults which were initially made for the university has become what a junior secondary school student can be initiated into.

Can secret cults be eradicated? To me I would say yes. This is because I believe every story with a beginning has a definite ending. How can secret cult be eradicated? Although, it cannot be eradicated at once but gradually it will be eradicated. To eradicate it we have to know why youngsters join, why the group recruits, and why the group is bad to join.

Why do youngsters join these dreadful groups? This is the question I would ask first and answer first. Most youngsters I know of join majorly because of the negligence of their parents but not only that, they join because they are made to believe that they will be given power above their peers and others, protection against rival groups and law enforcements agents, respect in the society and lastly oppression if they defy other methods.

Why do the groups recruit? We need to know the general ideology of secret cult groups i.e. why they ball recruit, let’s view it this way for a king to be a strong leader he needs more loyal followers who will view things the way he does, he needs territory and with more follower he has the more territory he will gain. Moreover, the more followers the king has the more manpower and military power. Now back to the main question the group wants to be strong, gain more territory and more power.

Why is the group bad to join? With the rate at which we have cult clashes, the alarming death toll as a result of this clashes we can easily say that being a member of a secret cult is bad. As a member of a cult you do not have freedom in a rival territory because you could be killed and in your so called territory because a rival cult can attack at anytime. You can’t renounce your membership status anytime you wish to. You will always be a criminal suspect if there is a clash or any killing. Non- member friends will try to stay away from you. You will be involved in drug abuse which can ruin you forever and so on.

With all this questions I have answered I believe I have being able to share my views to my readers but without giving a solution this article is incomplete. Therefore, let me bring forth my proposed solutions to this rampant menace.

“Charity begins at home” this is the saying of the Englishmen and I can vouch that this is true. Parents needs to be enlightened, they need to know that it is their responsibility to know their children, to check on their children in school regularly so as to know what they do in school, to know what type of friend they move with because birds of the same feather flock together. If they know their children they will be able to protect their children from these secret cult predators who search for non-oriented preys. Home orientations are paramount. Let us also know that these responsibilities are not on the parents only, you and I as person, religious bodies and the governments are responsible for the upbringing of our future leaders.

How the governments are responsible for the upbringing of the future leaders, they need to empower the NGOs, broadcasters, journalists, movie producers, musicians so as to enlighten the public about this rapidly increasing menace caused by this secret cults and about the secret cults itself.

Finally the young bloods need to be protected from these predators who call themselves friends who use them for their selfish reasons. God bless Nigeria.

By Adeboye Oluwatosin

source: http://www.toowsyn.tk/2016/01/can-secret-cult-be-eradicated-in-nigeria.html
Re: Can Secret Cult Be Eradicated In Nigeria? By Adeboye Oluwatosin by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
The article did not even touch on the political side to cultism.
In my church I once knew a .1 who always had not less than 10 men around his location. During political seasons he was always a guest to serving governors, potential governors and governor-elects - he was part of their security team, provided a large voting mass(his fellow members) and always acted the role of enforcer against whomsoever crossed his clients' path. In exchange he got money, weapons, favors and sometimes warmed the bed of their daughters. He was very charismatic; it was a little wonder how he maintained a relationship with his political clientèle.

Around the country this is a true story that most retired cult members would tell you. They always say if politicians find no use for cult groups cultism would die a natural death in under a week.

(1) (Reply)

Auchipoly Matriculation Ceremony 2015/2016 Announced / Please Any Historian In The House / I Am A Necessary Part Of A Club Called Montana Fishburne Sex Videos Its A Theate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.