Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside (3710 Views)

Advice Pls.. Can I Run GTA V On This System? / Can I Run Gta 5 Game On PC With 2gb Ram? / Can Gta5 Be Played On My Hp Elitebook 8470p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 23, 2016
Its A HP 15
750 hdd
6gb ram
intel core i3
pseudo-mechanical key board
touch screen

and if it can is there anyone in Kaduna city that has the game?
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2016
When it comes to gaming on a pc, what's important is the ram size and the graphics card.
Intel computers with intel graphics card aren't actually built for gaming, especially for graphics intensive games like GTA 5.

What's your graphics card? That's what would tell if your pc can play the game or not. The minimum system requirements for GTA 5 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 with 2gb or video memory or an AMD Radeon HD 7870 of at least 2gb of video memory.

My pc is an Intel core I5 with AMD Radeon HD 7600 with 2gb of video memory and 6gb of ram, and it plays GTA5 well as well as other high end games.
So your ram is okay, but check the graphics specifications on your pc. If it's just the Intel HD graphics series, I don't think it would be able to play it well. You might experience some lagging during gameplay.

2 Likes

Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by lycann(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Decker:
When it comes to gaming on a pc, what's important is the ram size and the graphics card.
Intel computers with intel graphics card aren't actually built for gaming, especially for graphics intensive games like GTA 5.

What's your graphics card? That's what would tell if your pc can play the game or not. The minimum system requirements for GTA 5 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 with 2gb or video memory or an AMD Radeon HD 7870 of at least 2gb of video memory.

My pc is an Intel core I5 with AMD Radeon HD 7600 with 2gb of video memory and 6gb of ram, and it plays GTA5 well as well as other high end games.
So your ram is okay, but check the graphics specifications on your pc. If it's just the Intel HD graphics series, I don't think it would be able to play it well. You might experience some lagging during gameplay.
huh what is your pc model?
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2016
lycann:
huh what is your pc model?

It's a HP Envy m6
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2016
Decker:

damn its the intel hd graphics. can i upgrade it to amd?
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
SexyKaycee:

damn its the intel hd graphics. can i upgrade it to amd?
You can't upgrade a laptop graphics the components are directly coupled to the processor.

1 Like

Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 24, 2016
Decker:

i just finished playing gta v on intel hd graphics using keyboard and mouse. what type of gamepad are you using to play the game?
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 9:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Ochillary:
i just finished playing gta v on intel hd graphics using keyboard and mouse. what type of gamepad are you using to play the game?

Was it lagging? What's your intel graphics card specification? What's your discrete video memory space? And your ram?

I use an X-box 360 game pad. But before I bought it, I used the normal playstation pad coupled with an X-box 360 emulator. An emulator is a software that makes your computer think the pad you are using is an X-box 360 pad. All pc games are actually designed to work with an X-box 360 controller.

But the thing about emulators is that they don't work on all games, especially the recent ones. For instance, the emmulator I used worked on Far cry 4 but it didn't work on the The Witcher 3, so I just bought the X-box 360 pad. It's not expensive, I bought mind for #5000. But I installed GTA 5 after I bought the X-box 360 controller so I don't know if the emulator would work for it or not.

I can't play pc games with a keyboard and mouse, it's just doesn't feel right.

2 Likes

Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2016
Decker:

Was it lagging? What's your intel graphics card specification? What's your discrete video memory space? And your ram?

I use an X-box 360 game pad. But before I bought it, I used the normal playstation pad coupled with an X-box 360 emulator. An emulator is a software that makes your computer think the pad you are using is an X-box 360 pad. All pc games are actually designed to work with an X-box 360 controller.

But the thing about emulators is that they don't work on all games, especially the recent ones. For instance, the emmulator I used worked on Far cry 4 but it didn't work on the The Witcher 3, so I just bought the X-box 360 pad. It's not expensive, I bought mind for #5000. But I installed GTA 5 after I bought the X-box 360 controller so I don't know if the emulator would work for it or not.

I can't play pc games with a keyboard and mouse, it's just doesn't feel right.
CORE I3
INTEL HD 4400
2GB VIDEO MEMORY
4GB RAM.
yes it lags if i dont restart my pc b4 play. finished the game yesterday without gamepad cuz my Ucom ps2 pad refuse to work.
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 24, 2016
Ochillary:
CORE I3
INTEL HD 4400
2GB VIDEO MEMORY
4GB RAM.
yes it lags if i dont restart my pc b4 play. finished the game yesterday without gamepad cuz my Ucom ps2 pad refuse to work.

Try installing a game booster on your pc. Razor game booster is the best out there, it will help to reduce the lagging in case you want to play more graphics intensive games in the future.
In addition to that, whenever you want to play the game, you could should set your system power settings to high performance. This would also help reduce the lagging and you will be able to enjoy the game better.
You could also right click on your mouse, scroll to graphic properties. It would open the intel hd graphics control panel, click on 3D, then change settings to performance.

If after all this you still experience lagging. Go to control panel, click on system security, then click on view amount of Ram and processor speed. Then go to advanced system settings. Then in the performance option, click on adjust for best performance. Then press ok. When you do this, the system would focus more on enhancing the performance of the system thereby making the applications(including games) function better and faster.

But only do this when you want to play the game. When you are done readjust the settings.
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by elisinho(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Can hp dv6 play this game thats gtav
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ochillary:
CORE I3
INTEL HD 4400
2GB VIDEO MEMORY
4GB RAM.

what city are you in and how can i get the game please? it is scarce here in kaduna
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
SexyKaycee:

what city are you in and how can i get the game please? it is scarce here in kaduna
lagos. try order it from jumia or konga.

1 Like

Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
Decker:

Try installing a game booster on your pc. Razor game booster is the best out there, it will help to reduce the lagging in case you want to play more graphics intensive games in the future.
In addition to that, whenever you want to play the game, you could should set your system power settings to high performance. This would also help reduce the lagging and you will be able to enjoy the game better.
You could also right click on your mouse, scroll to graphic properties. It would open the intel hd graphics control panel, click on 3D, then change settings to performance.

If after all this you still experience lagging. Go to control panel, click on system security, then click on view amount of Ram and processor speed. Then go to advanced system settings. Then in the performance option, click on adjust for best performance. Then press ok. When you do this, the system would focus more on enhancing the performance of the system thereby making the applications(including games) function better and faster.

But only do this when you want to play the game. When you are done readjust the settings.
THANKS FOR THE TIP.
Re: Can My HP 15 Run GTA V? Specs Inside by Hakeem12(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ochillary:
lagos. try order it from jumia or konga.
you can download from oceanofgames.com

(1) (Reply)

PS3: First Ever 4.66 CFW By Ferrox / The Best Gaming Laptop / Where To Repair PS3 In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.