Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working (1694 Views)

Bentley Unveils The World’s First Luxury Hybrid SUV With 31mile Plug-in Range / Common Spark Plug Conditions / Nissan Primera P11-144 Pinging Sound With Power Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by proffc: 5:19am On Jan 23, 2016
Hello House,

I'm in dire need of assistance. I just replaced the engine of my P10. But the heat gauge is in the high - the red point actually.

I have washed the radiator, the thermostat has been removed (as advised by my mechanic, because according to him we live in a hot weather), changed the top-gasket, bleed the heating system (this is how I did it - I let the engine run, then drain the water out and put in fresh one) and my radiator fan is always on.

I should mention though that the previous engine had these same system, but never over heated except for when the radiator fan wasn't working.

Also, there's no power in the Number 1 (counting from the left whilst facing) plug (same problem as the previous engine). The nozzles have been tested and the work fine. The fuel pump also works perfectly well.

Please assist as I do not want to throw money down the drain (the engine cost a arm and a leg) smiley

Thank you.
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Jan 23, 2016
you got a bad engine. Replacing the head gasket has voided your warranty. Do a compression test on the cylinder that doesn't work.
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by mayor2013: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2016
proffc:
Hello House,

I'm in dire need of assistance. I just replaced the engine of my P10. But the heat gauge is in the high - the red point actually.

I have washed the radiator, the thermostat has been removed (as advised by my mechanic, because according to him we live in a hot weather), changed the top-gasket, bleed the heating system (this is how I did it - I let the engine run, then drain the water out and put in fresh one) and my radiator fan is always on.

I should mention though that the previous engine had these same system, but never over heated except for when the radiator fan wasn't working.

Also, there's no power in the Number 1 (counting from the left whilst facing) plug (same problem as the previous engine). The nozzles have been tested and the work fine. The fuel pump also works perfectly well.

Please assist as I do not want to throw money down the drain (the engine cost a arm and a leg) smiley

Thank you.

One chance market
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by honmusa(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
proffc:
Hello House,

Thank you.
You have a hidden overheating issue that you suppose to resolve before replacing the new engine .you will need to diagnose the root of the overheating issue before the new engine get warped by overheating .
Also as suggested by gazzuz ,u will need to run a compression test on your cylinder one to check the compression level and also to ascertain the reason for low compression on that cylinder.
call autologic @08061166316 to diagnose the overheating issue and to run compression test on your cylinder.
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 24, 2016
I find it really hard to be sympathetic to anyone who would go to a dunce, masquerading as a mechanic.

The thermostat, and its role in the correct operation of an engine has been flogged to death. There are TONS of threads on Nairaland dedicated to thermostats and how the cooling fan should operate. Yet, people WILL persist in ignoring the obvious, feeling these moróns that stick their grubby mitts where they shouldn't have knowledge superior to that of the manufacturers of these vehicles they delight in destroying.

You're engine is not producing any output from cylinder #1. Well, I would say the cylinder head gasket has failed, or worse you could have a cracked cylinder head or block.

Out of interest, why would you run your engine with the temperature gauge needle spiking RED? Didn't you feel it would have made sense to shut the engine down?
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by Manager264(m): 5:38am On Jan 25, 2016
proffc:
Hello House,

Thank you.
You may seek another more professional Mechanic, may b he can come up with a solution. I have the same type of car, 2.0 SLX, could you tell me the cost of the engine and gearbox
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by apexquest(m): 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
Manager264:

You may seek another more professional Mechanic, may b he can come up with a solution. I have the same type of car, 2.0 SLX, could you tell me the cost of the engine and gearbox
Engine : around 70k
Gear(manual): about 15k
...I use same car
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by proffc: 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2016
Manager264:

Hello, Sorry for replying late. I have since gotten a solution to my problem. The overheating problem was as a result of the heating switch (sensor) just around the area under the nozzle.

For the engine, i didn't purchase a complete and it cost about 55k NGN. I will advice you go for a complete engine if you can afford it. cause I've had to work on my nozzles, air-flow sensor and ignition (all these came with the old engine) as they just all seem to give up when they were fixed on the new engine. Guess the new engine is a bully! Lol!!!
Re: Nissan Primera P10 Over-heating And Number 1 Plug Not Working by honmusa(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2016
proffc:

Hello, Sorry for replying late. I have since gotten a solution to my problem. The overheating problem was as a result of the heating switch (sensor) just around the area under the nozzle.

For the engine, i didn't purchase a complete and it cost about 55k NGN. I will advice you go for a complete engine if you can afford it. cause I've had to work on my nozzles, air-flow sensor and ignition (all these came with the old engine) as they just all seem to give up when they were fixed on the new engine. Guess the new engine is a bully! Lol!!!
heating switch (sensor) ? embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There Plenty 2007 To 2009 Acura Mdx On Sale / Code 0773 On 1999 Toyota Camry / Know Your Type Of Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.