Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

The "Bad News" Must Precede The "Good News" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Bad News" Must Precede The "Good News" (516 Views)

Daily Good News! / Woman Who Predicted The Fall Of The Twin Towers Has Bad News For 2016 / Why The Bad News Should Comes First Before The Good News. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The "Bad News" Must Precede The "Good News" by marcopollo(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
✞ The "Bad News" Must Precede The "Good News"
The "Bad News" must precede the
"Good News" because man's nature is sinful rather than good, and people need to know that this is why they need salvation.
This comes as a surprise to many,
since 21st Century man and woman think of themselves as basically "a good person". The Bible says, no!
The analogy of visiting a doctor
with a serious illness is relevant
here. The fact that there is a life-
saving cure for your serious illness
is only 'good news' because you
have heard the diagnosis of the
serious illness and may die, first!
"For all have sinned, and come
short of the glory of God" - Ro.3:23
"For the wages of sin is death; but
the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord" -
Ro.6:23
The 'Gospel of Christ' is GOOD NEWS to be OBEYED and not merely an invitation or suggestion from God.
I paraphrase what God told Israel
that is just as applicable for us
today
God said, I call heaven and earth to speak against you today. I have put in front of you life and death... So choose life so you and your
children after you may live.
Remember the penalty of sin is
DEATH... So we are commanderd to choose LIFE [eternal]
The "Good News" of 'the gospel of
Christ' is Jesus, the son of God, is the cure for the sin problem revealed to us by the gospel message. The *gospel of Christ* message one *MUST* place their faith in to receive salvation.
✻ The Gospel of Christ ✻
”...I declare unto you *the gospel*
which I preached unto you... by
*which also ye are SAVED*... For I
delivered unto you first of all that
which I also received, how that
*Christ died for our sins*... And that *he was buried*, and that *he rose again* the third day... 1Cor.15.1-4
So the power of God *to save you* and me, is the BELIEF that Christ shed his blood, died for our sins and that he was buried and rose again the third day.
Note: that there are no good works mentioned at all, no baptism, just simple FAITH that what Christ accomplished on the cross was and is sufficient to
➜ Please 'SHARE' the gospel everywhere you go.

(1) (Reply)

Service In Your Room Is Never The Same As Going To Church / Pastor D. K Olukoya / delete this post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.