Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,456 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers (741 Views)

Meritchoice Connived With GCA To Swindle Over 100m For American Caregivers Jobs / "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers by ciscostaz: 9:08am On Jan 24, 2016
I booked an Abuja - Lagos flight on Aero Airline last week. Barely 24 hrs to departure, I received this text message "Dear Customer, Flight X from ABV to LOS for x.01.2016 is cancelled due to operational reasons. We apologize." blah blah blah. Well, I was happy. At least, I wouldn't have to go and wait for the flight at the Airport only to be disappointed. So I said to myself, at least Aero is gradually being sensible by informing us early.

So I quickly booked another flight. But on getting to the Airport for the refund, I was told by the lady at the Abuja counter that I can only receive N16,000.00 instead of the N16,350.00 that I paid initially for the online transaction. That the extra N350.00 was the bank charges which they cannot refund. I am aware that the Bank charges is always shared by the Bank & Aero according to agreed percentages. This is the standard. So I asked the lady why I should be debited for a flight Aero cancelled which was never due to my fault. The lady just laughed and said that is not their business, that, it is a normal thing. She was just too rude. I suspected she was even abusing me because she was even muttering something which I couldn’t fathom.

On my return journey, some of my friends booked Aero while I "jejely" booked another airline. I told them that I don’t think I want to gamble with Aero again. To cut a long story short, Aero cancelled their flight too. lol. Not a single flight but 3 flights with different departure times. It appears its a normal thing and they had to also part with the N350 extra charge due to a fault which is not theirs.

This is my finding.
1. Aero will not refund your N350.00 Bank charges when they cancel your flight due to their own fault. So the passenger is short-changed.
2. It is strange that those flights are not really cancelled but are sold at the counter. I was told that they could move me to another flight, billed to take off at the same time. I told them capital 'NO' because I have already booked another flight. I told them that they could have done that early instead of asking me.
3. Do a rough calculation of how much they make from those bank charges. N350 x 100 passengers x 6 flights per day x 30 days a month ? That is why the regulators needs to come in and correct this anomaly. This is daylight robbery.

Mod: please move this to front page so that people will learn and be careful.
Re: Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers by veleta: 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
In my opinion,Aero is struggling to be in business.I read somewhere that their fleet of aircraft has reduced drastically hence,these frequent delays and cancellations.Used them from Abuja to Lagos and they kept delaying the flight.
Re: Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers by otokx(m): 3:32am On Jan 25, 2016
veleta:
In my opinion,Aero is struggling to be in business.I read somewhere that their fleet of aircraft has reduced drastically hence,these frequent delays and cancellations.Used them from Abuja to Lagos and they kept delaying the flight.

Many businesses in Nigeria are struggling, infact many people in Nigeria are struggling.

1 Like

Re: Aero Airline Partners With Banks To Swindle Unsuspecting Customers by ciscostaz: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2016
veleta:

If an airline is struggling to be in business, then it is not good for the industry and for their customers. When they try to stay afloat, they take so many chances and cause more havoc like flying bad planes, etc etc. I will not fly with them again. I dont want to risk my life.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get Masters Done In Usa Or Canada With 22? / Denmark Scraps Green Card Scheme But Spares Current Holders / Pix:4 RRS Officials Injured In Car Accident While Inspecting Lagos Light Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.