Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

A Thought!!! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Thought!!! (921 Views)

We Thought You Should Know! / 'I Thought You Are Buhari's Sister' - Corper Recounts Unpleasant Experience / Food For Thought!!! Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thought!!! by wazupguy(m): 1:28pm On Jan 24, 2016
I was chatting with afriend of mine Comorade Osas Aghariagbon about the appalling state of unemployment in the country which is increasing every day. Also, we discusssed about how sstudentsare pumped into the university system in a bid to acquire knowledge and at the end of several years of study they have. Nothing to show for it. He also told about thousand of degree holder and P.hd seeking for driving jobs which somewhat choking tothe throat. But we must not forget that unemployment is not a new hit as it is an old song that is still featuring itself and will be for a longtime if a drastic action is not taken.Furthermore, we are more or less likely victims of unemployment even if it is difficult for some of us to accept the the fact. Also,we have often heard about stories of those wo have graduated few years back and still yet to have jobs. We also decry about the employment situation and what the government is doing to tackle this pestilencial dilemma. But when will we stop wasting time worrying, complaining and start thinkingn being inovative, creavtive? You can neva know, you might do better than DANGOTE or perhaps be richer than BILLGATES. In our modern world which evolving swiftly,certificate or acquizition of all the degrees this world can offer doesn't amount to the potential imbedded in you.Also, we need to ask ourselve certain questions such as " Do I know the current situation of unemplyment in Nigeria?" If yes! What plans have you put tin place to combat the issue if trapped in it, if no! I think you should start thinking of alternatives rather than putting all eggs in a basket.Funny enough I do not see undergradutes who can be productive to the immediates needs of the society but "glorified secondary school students" who do frequent "AWOKO" to pass exam only. We must notethat if any employment is to be made by any company they ask you what you can do an not necessarily what you graduated with which is our primary assignment as students.But we should be aware of the happenings in our society today which we live in and plan according to what she needs andperhaps outside the shores of Nigeria, Africa as a whole.However,in our university environment we have different departments such as vocational education,fine arts, mass communication, artisans, industrialists,microbiologists, computer scientists and the host of them. Those of you in thes departments, what do you have to offer in solving life problems? , what ideas have you cooked up? , what researches have you performed? , how do you want to exempt yoursefs from the lots of the unemployed? OR do you want to walk on the streets of Nigeria in harsh weather with portfolio searching for non-existing jobs when you can be a BOSS. How long do you do want to do that? After years spent in school. We really need to ponder about this issue. A fact still stands; a graduate of mechanical engineering to some extend has an upper hand to a road side mechanic but another concrete fact is that that roadside mechanic has a workshop but youdon't. But with initiative, you can learn from the roadside mechanic and start up your mechanic worshopand do better than waiting for job in NNPC because your brother is there which is obviously not forthcoming.More so,we have this attitude of being complacent and enjoy the innovations of others even using it negatively when we can do better than them. The person who invented the wrist watch perhaps got tired of waiting for the cock to crow or the person that created the aeroplane thought that can I create a machind that can fly like the birds.That's thinking, creativity. Then we will make dis statement "Oyinbo na witch" forgetting that God created us equally in his own image and likeness.Therefore,I will categorically state that every 10% oftime spent on doing research, thinking , being creative,innovative, exploring is worth more than 90% of "AWOKO". Do not over labour yourself doing a lot to 5.00 when you can do little things and thus be great amongst your peers.if we were to measure wealth by hardwork, the "bricklayer" will probably be the richest man.

2 Likes

Re: A Thought!!! by Donpizzle(m): 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
wazupguy:
I was chatting with afriend of mine Comorade Osas Aghariagbon about the appalling state of unemployment in the country which is increasing every day. Also, we discusssed about how sstudentsare pumped into the university system in a bid to acquire knowledge and at the end of several years of study they have. Nothing to show for it. He also told about thousand of degree holder and P.hd seeking for driving jobs which somewhat choking tothe throat. But we must not forget that unemployment is not a new hit as it is an old song that is still featuring itself and will be for a longtime if a drastic action is not taken.Furthermore, we are more or less likely victims of unemployment even if it is difficult for some of us to accept the the fact. Also,we have often heard about stories of those wo have graduated few years back and still yet to have jobs. We also decry about the employment situation and what the government is doing to tackle this pestilencial dilemma. But when will we stop wasting time worrying, complaining and start thinkingn being inovative, creavtive? You can neva know, you might do better than DANGOTE or perhaps be richer than BILLGATES. In our modern world which evolving swiftly,certificate or acquizition of all the degrees this world can offer doesn't amount to the potential imbedded in you.Also, we need to ask ourselve certain questions such as " Do I know the current situation of unemplyment in Nigeria?" If yes! What plans have you put tin place to combat the issue if trapped in it, if no! I think you should start thinking of alternatives rather than putting all eggs in a basket.Funny enough I do not see undergradutes who can be productive to the immediates needs of the society but "glorified secondary school students" who do frequent "AWOKO" to pass exam only. We must notethat if any employment is to be made by any company they ask you what you can do an not necessarily what you graduated with which is our primary assignment as students.But we should be aware of the happenings in our society today which we live in and plan according to what she needs andperhaps outside the shores of Nigeria, Africa as a whole.However,in our university environment we have different departments such as vocational education,fine arts, mass communication, artisans, industrialists,microbiologists, computer scientists and the host of them. Those of you in thes departments, what do you have to offer in solving life problems? , what ideas have you cooked up? , what researches have you performed? , how do you want to exempt yoursefs from the lots of the unemployed? OR do you want to walk on the streets of Nigeria in harsh weather with portfolio searching for non-existing jobs when you can be a BOSS. How long do you do want to do that? After years spent in school. We really need to ponder about this issue. A fact still stands; a graduate of mechanical engineering to some extend has an upper hand to a road side mechanic but another concrete fact is that that roadside mechanic has a workshop but youdon't. But with initiative, you can learn from the roadside mechanic and start up your mechanic worshopand do better than waiting for job in NNPC because your brother is there which is obviously not forthcoming.More so,we have this attitude of being complacent and enjoy the innovations of others even using it negatively when we can do better than them. The person who invented the wrist watch perhaps got tired of waiting for the cock to crow or the person that created the aeroplane thought that can I create a machind that can fly like the birds.That's thinking, creativity. Then we will make dis statement "Oyinbo na witch" forgetting that God created us equally in his own image and likeness.Therefore,I will categorically state that every 10% oftime spent on doing research, thinking , being creative,innovative, exploring is worth more than 90% of "AWOKO". Do not over labour yourself doing a lot to 5.00 when you can do little things and thus be great amongst your peers.if we were to measure wealth by hardwork, the "bricklayer" will probably be the richest man.
Nice write up Buh wat da FCK is awoko?
Re: A Thought!!! by wazupguy(m): 11:10am On Jan 27, 2016
nickname for "night reading" back in the university days...

(1) (Reply)

Photo: When You Don't Qualify For A Job, But You Apply Anyway. / CBN Flags Off Entrepreneurship Programme To Empower 1,500 Youths. / Job Vacancies For Ex-corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.