Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

.......the Critic............ - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / .......the Critic............ (552 Views)

Literature Section Critic Thread. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

.......the Critic............ by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Six engineering students in one room will be considered a blessing to our already noisy hostel …….we were actually seven, but the last one of us was everything but a nerd. We were sophomores so we could easily manipulate our ways to semesters of squatting. Craftiness was a big number for us and it seemed to chair the gaining figures, we did all manner of things so we could stay together; like I sold my bed space at a higher price, after which I still spent a complete year..

We were literally buddies so we talked and we did a lot of it…..did I mention that the integral every member of our small room was a linear function “7 + x” ; were X could be a friend of a friend, a visiting class mate or a random guy that just prefers the comfort of our room. So we talked most of the time we spent together , we talked about girls, funny lectures, about how we were to pass our new courses…… then we talked about girls , and girls , and girls , and girls and technology , and girls. Girls were very few then in the faculty, of all the eight, we recognized onlt four the rest were masculine and will challenge you to a fair fight if given the opportunity ……. Urghmm I think they were actually about 20 , I probably didn’t mention the rest , because they were from the villages around the campus , they enjoyed hurrying for classes and seating on the floor with paper, but they were smart anyway… they however like supply in economics , soon conformed to the university enviroment ; but if you looked closely you’ll notice they just poured powder roughly on their skin.

Chineye was a recurring decimal in our discussion trends. We’ll talk about her like for an hour. Then our nerdy Roomate. We’ll interrupt us, so he could explain : why we shouldn’t waste our time over a girl, he’ll preach to us about how God has given him eyes to “BEHOLD” girls as his sisters.

This was funny : criticizing our conversation was the only way to feign lack of concern , he really noticed that the girl was way “ gorgeous “ and kept it to himself.…..it was just something he worked on at his free time.

We reached our conclusion when months later we saw both of them smiling awkwardly at themselves……….don’t we will get there eventually.

Whenever Ade came with his pretence KC was always around to yell at him “ADEKUNLE YOU BE HOMO OOH!!!!!” . He will laugh cynically and continue with whatever he did at the moment. He was always with his phone Googling , reading something on wikepedia, or giving constructive critism on facebook, maybe he googled ” how to make girls like you ” ,because I never figured how he made chineye go out with him.

Adekunle rarely bathed if you ask , he’ll refer you to article on “ why most of the world most successful people rarely have their bath”

But on Monday 11th of January , 2015. He was in school dressed with a clean shirt and a his hair roughly combed .I was schocked when I saw him

|“ Jesus guy wetin be this “|

Nothing , I just deceided to try something different .

Okay O, then I left .

Adekunle went straight to our class and I went straight to our room, the cupboard was ajar and my cologne was not in it . my comb wasn’t there too. I will kill him when he comes back………

Ade in came late that night and because I was feeling very sleepy, I couldn’t tell him anything. He left early and he repeated the same thing the next day, I finally caught him red handed and explained why he shouldn’t use other people stuff without their permission.

Going out with chineye was complicated, because he could never ask officially, he only got her attention with his tutorials or when he called to know if she safely arrived her hostel, but the girl got the message finally and she seemed to like him also, so she went on to make the moves like when she complimented his dirty shirt or his old shoes. He put her through tutorials and this seemed to be a larger chunk of her interest.she was having fun all the way, she all of a sudden started making good grades. Adekunle also had moments of unexplainable joy, he’ll come back, then we’ll hail him for being with chineye all through.

Adekunle also had numerous cases of headaches , he found that if he could balance his sinful relationship with a girl with sermons at calculated intervals, he could still live a guilt free life .

So he preached and like he missed calculating the intervals he was constantly at a new subject of condemnation.

He wanted her to take her jeans away and try plain skirt. he wanted smaller earrings and would prefer if she tried her natural hair. She never yielded, only on a few occasions and this contributed to their break up which comes up shortly.

……

He came back and was chewing crumbs of heavy tears that hung beneath his eyes, chineye was fed up and had given him a piece of her mind. I met the devil yesterday adekule will later write about……. Chineye had been listening to some of HOSPINS ill_minds. She threw the lyrics at her unlucky pastor boyfriend………….

Is it wrong to not believe in right and wrong?

My mental state is fucking me up And I pry the problem while asking you for some answers, But we don’t have that type of bond. That my desires gone with the way that I’ve been living lately If I died right now, you’d turn the fire on

Now I’m avoiding questions like a scared dog with his tail down.

Feeling so damn humiliated because they looking at me like I’m hellbound

What story should I tell now? I’ll just expose the truth, because I’m so close to the fucking edge, Now I’m dealing with this backlash because neye isn’t a Christian, This is my fucking life and I’m living it, I’m having fun. If you really care for me, prove that I need to live carefully But I’ll be damned if I put my own pleasure aside for an afterlife that isn’t even guaranteed My life’s all I got, and heaven is all in my brain

And when I feel I am in hell, my ideas are what get me through pain

Do as you please, and I’ll just do mine, I’m a human, I’ll stay in my lane.

Last words : criticism is not our gospel.

” The church is not a museum for Good people. it’s a hospital for the broken ”

Friends if you think this was great or you're uncomfortable with someone of the things mentioned please visit >>>https://bcsquareblog.
To share your thoughts and read other stories.
Re: .......the Critic............ by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
#

(1) (Reply)

Penastory Love Contest Entry #3 – OBONGHA QUEENETTE ENO / Corruption / A Plea For The Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.