Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? (2536 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Members Attend Church Service With Assault Rifles (photo) / Why Should Christians Attend Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Chuksworld(m): 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2016
I have been attending a branch of my church buh the members are so few that I am now begining to feel so boring now. I don't know if changing to another living and more lively church is a good option. Please advice me cos I'm a bit confused

Cc: lalasticlala, tosyne2much
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Tallesty1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
How many people have you invited/converted since you joined the church?

3 Likes

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Chuksworld(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
I have invited buh they always leave wen they see that d church doesn't have much members
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by pendusky(m): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Chuksworld:
I have been attending a branch of my church buh the members are so few that I am now begining to feel so boring now. I don't know if changing to another living and more lively church is a good option. Please advice me cos I'm a bit confused

Cc: lalasticlala, tosyne2much

Your Main church started with less than 10 members! so if u can't attend it, chances are there that you cant manage liltle things from the scratch!

2 Likes

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Chuksworld(m): 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
pendusky:

Your Main church started with less than 10 members! so if u can't attend it, chances are there that you cant manage liltle things from the scratch!

been attending for over a year now and still no improvement.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by SurefireAsoOke: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2016
Once we are more than 2, we're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tosyne2much(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
As for me I don't think it matters at all. However, what matters most is your service and movement with God

You can worship in a church with a thousand members but anointing and may not flow, and on the other hand, you may worship a church with few members and you start exeperiencing unexpected signs and wonders.

To a broad view, the numeric capacity of a church has nothing whatsoever to do with your christian life. What you should be more concerned about is "are they preaching the word of God as regards to the Bible?" "Do they pray in the church ?, do they place so much emphasis on salvation than money making ?

If the answers to the above questions are YESes, my brother dust your Bible and continue worshipping in that church.

I hope this helps. Cheers !!!

2 Likes

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by omasco92(m): 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2016
As you invite also pray that God should keep them and one thing you must know is this Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by chumasmog(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Make it lively LA.. U will tell me if it's the number of congregation that determines your faith.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by chumasmog(m): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Make it lively LA.. U will tell me if it's the number of congregation that determines your faith.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by sonofthunder: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2016
do you engage in proper follow-up?
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Chuksworld(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2016
tosyne2much:
As for me I don't think it matters at all. However, what matters most is your service and movement with God

You can worship in a church with a thousand members but anointing and may not flow, and on the other hand, you may worship a church with few members and you start exeperiencing unexpected signs and wonders.

To a broad view, the numeric capacity of a church has nothing whatsoever to do with your christian life. What you should be more concerned about is "are they preaching the word of God as regards to the Bible?" "Do they pray in the church ?, do they place so much emphasis on salvation than money making ?

If the answers to the above questions are YESes, my brother dust your Bible and continue worshipping in that church.

I hope this helps. Cheers !!!
Thanks for your candid advice.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2016
Chuksworld:

Is it crowd you. Want to worship or God?

Every church ought to grow ,if you're expressing concern in that direction it's pure enough but when you talk about leaving because of crowd then you have a wrong motive.

There are several reason why a church may remain small ..

1 if the church is not evangelical in structure
2 if the teaching is not improving lives
3. If the follow up structure and visitation is defective .

Remember that you are part of the growth of the church . You and other members ought to go out and get souls won . Every big church was once small.

1 Like

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Chuksworld(m): 9:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
Joagbaje:

Every church ought to grow ,if you're expressing concern in that direction it's pure enough but when you talk about leaving because of crowd then you have a wrong motive.

Remember that you are part of the growth of the church . You and other members ought to go out and get souls won . Every big church was once small.
I enjoy worship session a lot buh no instruments, no choir... Buh I think I would just have to stay...
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by analice107: 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Tallesty1:
How many people have you invited/converted since you joined the church?
Very good question.
If you want crowd, be radical with evangelism.

1 Like

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by analice107: 10:26pm On Jan 25, 2016
Joagbaje:

Is Joeagbaje still in naira land? Comment more often sir. You inspire me. God bless you sir.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 4:09am On Jan 26, 2016
^^^^^
Mo ti gbo. But you no mention my name for your. Xmas greeting na .
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 4:22am On Jan 26, 2016
Chuksworld:
I enjoy worship session a lot buh no instruments, no choir... Buh I think I would just have to stay...

I get your point . Why not talk with the pastor about your concern . You may be the encouragement he is looking for . Organize to get musical instrument .more people will stay . I was once with a church that didn't have instrument . I had been in bigger churches .and also An instrumentalist. So I told the pastor about. Idea of getting instruments like a good PSR keyboard . He said its too expensive. One day I went too borrow a campus keyboard while they were on holiday and played it in the church for several weeks . I did one man band playing. Worship changed .Even though I love my one man band playing but more inttsrumentalists came in.

To cut the story short the pastor bought instruments which he would not have done until he got inspired .

3 Likes

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by analice107: 7:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
Joagbaje:
^^^^^
Mo ti gbo. But you no mention my name for your. Xmas greeting na .
Ooo my God. Please forgive me. Am soooo sorry.
I stumbled on a thread where you were being crucified because some guy lied to you about the healing he received in one of your crusades. My, the way and manner you handled that issue won me over so quickly. I have never come by a humble person like you.
I pray to be that humble. God bless you sir.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiar: 2:31am On Jan 27, 2016
analice107:

Is Joeagbaje still in naira land? Comment more often sir. You inspire me. God bless you sir.

I have nothing against Joagbaje but rather than be inspired by him, why not be inspired by Christ.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 1:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
tpiar:

I have nothing against Joagbaje but rather than be inspired by him, why not be inspired by Christ.

Oga we can inspire one another na . It's scriptural.

2 Corinthians 9:2
. . . .and your zeal hath provoked very many.

1 Like

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiar: 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Joagbaje:

Oga we can inspire one another na . It's scriptural.

. . . .and your zeal hath provoked very many.Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain

explain the verse you are quoting and why you quoted it.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiar: 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
the problem with him worshiping you instead of worshiping Christ is when you go astray, you will lead him to do the same.

You should not encourage people to focus on you instead of your creator.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Joagbaje(m): 4:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
tpiar:

explain the verse you are quoting and why you quoted it.

. . . .and your zeal hath provoked very many.

Paul said their action provoked or inspired many people. So nothing wrong in being inspired by someone else.

He also said to provoke one another unto good work. That' also mean to inspire one another.

Paul taught others to emulate his faith or be followers of him . While you Call it worship it is really being inspired or motivated by another. Person.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by phonematter: 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2016
tpiar:
the problem with him worshiping you instead of worshiping Christ is when you go astray, you will lead him to do the same.

word.

Your posts are always so thoughtful and you are an empathetic person, those are great qualities although of course not everyone knows what they mean.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiaobsession: 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
phonematter:

word.

Your posts are always so thoughtful and you are an empathetic person, those are great qualities although of course not everyone knows what they mean.

Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiaobsession: 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
Joagbaje:

. . . .and your zeal hath provoked very many .Yet have I sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain

Paul said their action provoked or inspired many people. So nothing wrong in being inspired by someone else.

He also said to provoke one another unto good work. That' also mean to inspire one another.

Paul taught others to emulate his faith or be followers of him . While you Call it worship it is really being inspired or motivated by another. Person.

as you can see from the verse you quoted, Paul sent people to ensure what they heard about you was not the wrong info, and so their confidence in you should not be in vain.

Your own emphasis is on provoked, which is wrong, you are quoting the verse out of context in order to drive home a point.

The provoke in Hebrews 10 23-25 is to encourage or exhorting one another unto good works, you should read the whole verse, not just some parts of it.

Worship is not being inspired by someone, it is giving adoration or adulation to an entity which should only be God, and should you find yourself being worshiped, you should redirect that worship, praise and glory, back to God who alone is worthy of it.

Paul said "FOLLOW ME AS I FOLLOW CHRIST". Meaning your emphasis should be based on Christian and godly, sound teaching so you may have an answer for your detractors when they come at you.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by analice107: 6:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
tpiar:

Sir, am not a him, am a she. That said.
Where did you get worship from?
Sir, am not a him, am a her.
And, to inspire and to worship are two different things.

Inspire means to give somebody the desire, zeal, Confidence, motivation, or enthusiasm to do something.

To worship means the practice of submitting oneself to God, or highly respecting God or a god, by saying prayers or incantations, singing and dancing in ceremonies which also involves rituals.

Sir, I know what human worship is. Am not a baby Christian. I know why I said he inspire me. He is very humble and that's a trait must of us Christians lack, so I like that in him, and I wish to also be as humble.
If you were in the thread I made reference to, and see how it all went down, you end understand. I never knew him before then, but I was really inspired at how he responded to all the insults to hi person. Am still saying it.
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiaobsession: 6:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
being humble does not have to be a "wish", you work on it for yourself if that's what you want.

and yes, your inspiration as a Christian should be from Christ rather than a fellow human being who can decide to change his/her character anytime or who you barely even know.

If you had said "joagbaje I pray for you to remain in the faith" or "joagbaje your posts on such and such helped me a lot", that would make more sense to me than "oh joagbaje I worship you".
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Ishilove: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
Chuksworld:
been attending for over a year now and still no improvement.
Over a year just 10 members?

That's hard to believe undecided
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by Ishilove: 6:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
analice107:

Sir, am not a him, am a she. That said.
Where did you get worship from?
Sir, am not a him, am a her.
And, to inspire and to worship are two different things.

Inspire means to give somebody the desire, zeal, Confidence, motivation, or enthusiasm to do something.

To worship means the practice of submitting oneself to God, or highly respecting God or a god, by saying prayers or incantations, singing and dancing in ceremonies which also involves rituals.

Sir, I know what human worship is. Am not a baby Christian. I know why I said he inspire me. He is very humble and that's a trait must of us Christians lack, so I like that in him, and I wish to also be as humble.
If you were in the thread I made reference to, and see how it all went down, you end understand. I never knew him before then, but I was really inspired at how he responded to all the insults to hi person. Am still saying it.
Tpiar is a 'ma'am', not a 'sir'
Re: Can U Attend Church Of Less Than 10 Members? by tpiaobsession: 6:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ishilove:

. . . . . . '

stay off my mentions.

cc naptu.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Atheist Miracles / What Does This Dream Mean? I Saw My Name Engraved On A Plaque And Then Molten... / Nigerians Reacts As Mbaka Gives Another Prophesy Concerning Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.