Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad (1705 Views)

The Truth About Christ Jesus {peace Be Unto Him) / See What Pastor Kumuyi Preached This Morning That Surprised Many. / 1st Miracle Of Prophet Jesus Peace Be Upon Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2016
1- Jesus said " But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me." (Luke 19:27)

2- He said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but A SWORD " (Matthew 10:34)

3- Jesus told his disciples to sell their outer garments and buy swords.

" He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

Interesting to note , though sword is mentioned over 400 times in the Bible , it isn't even mentioned once in Quran.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ovacoma: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
1- Jesus said " But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me." (Luke 19:27)

2- He said "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but A SWORD " (Matthew 10:34)

" He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

Interesting to note , though sword is mentioned over 400 times in the Bible , it isn't even mentioned once in Quran.
Then, how many times did d disciples bring out swords to kill, how many people were killed by Jesus disciples? Did Jesus ever talked in parables? Does sword only mean a weapon of war? You won't have reasons to post this if you correctly answer these questions.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Raphael81(m): 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:

allah urges muslims to strike the necks of others, your allah even hated jews bro

1 Like

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2016
Ovacoma:

Then, how many times did d disciples bring out swords to kill, how many people were killed by Jesus disciples? Did Jesus ever talked in parables? Does sword only mean a weapon of war? You won't have reasons to post this if you correctly answer these questions.

Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)

Appears Jesus pbuh did use parables
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2016
Zecharia 14:2

14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city

Here we see women about to be raped. If Jesus pbuh is as Christians claim God. Why would Jesus pbuh order the women raped
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ovacoma: 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)

Appears Jesus pbuh did use parables
there are four questions there, answer them and think about what you just posted. This your post is also an attempt to justify muhammed actions and the actions of his followers today? Keep it up. Only Jesus can give you reasons to live.
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ovacoma: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:
Zecharia 14:2

14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city

Here we see women about to be raped. If Jesus pbuh is as Christians claim God. Why would Jesus pbuh order the women raped
I thought you knew what you were typing. Sorry

1 Like

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:17pm On Jan 24, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Pls i beg you in the name of your Allah don't associate your jihad with Christianity cause Jesus never preached it neither did the apostles preach and practice it. Allah commanded your prophet to kill Jews and Christians
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 26, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
Pls i beg you in the name of your Allah don't associate your jihad with Christianity cause Jesus never preached it neither did the apostles preach and practice it. Allah commanded your prophet to kill Jews and Christians

If you believe Jesus pbuh to be God , explain to me why he said to rape the women in Zecharia 14:2 ?
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ovacoma: 12:54am On Jan 26, 2016
hockeyoilers:

If you believe Jesus pbuh to be God , explain to me why he said to rape the women in Zecharia 14:2 ?
answer my questions, or you know not what you are typing?
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 1:00am On Jan 26, 2016
Ovacoma:

answer my questions, or you know not what you are typing?

I'm just quoting Bible

If Jesus pbuh is God , why did Jesus say to rap.e women in zecharia 14 : 2?
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 26, 2016
I understand it's an uncomfortable question for christians, I know I used to be a christian
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ayoku777(m): 2:39am On Jan 26, 2016
hockeyoilers:

This is a parable of Jesus, vaguely showing what will happen to the antagonists of the kingdom of God (the beast, the false prophet and their armies) when Jesus returns to establish His kingdom on earth.

A more precise detail is in Revelation 19;

Rev 19v19 -And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

When Christ returns to establish His kingdom on earth; the beast, the antichrist and their armies, and the sons of perdition that gather to prevent the Kingdom of God and to make war with Christ, will be destroyed by the sword of Christ's mouth (His Word).

But that will be for Christ to do, not christians. Christians are never told to draw sword against anyone as in Islam. We are told to preach the gospel and the Word of God to people now. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit to christians.

And what all that means literally is; those who reject the Word of God now in rebuke, will face it later in retribution.

hockeyoilers:

Next time quote the verses in full. Don't just wrest or tear a verse from its preceeding and proceeding verses and give it an out-of-context interpretation.

Matthew 10v34 -Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

See that? The "sword" Jesus said He brought is not the sword of violence, but the sword of variance (asunder and separation).

Because those who accepted Jesus as the Christ were rejected and will be rejected, even by family and friends and society. And that was the reality for many believers, especially for the early believers.

John 9v22 -These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

Following Christ will cost you relationships, friendships and associations. And that is the sword of variance (asunder and separation) that following Christ brought, not the sword of violence.

Quote verses in full for a balnaced view, don't tear them out of context. That looks sinister.

hockeyoilers:

Again, quoting a verse without showing the preceeding verses to get the balanced view.

Jesus told His disciples to buy a sword to fulfil the prophecy of Isaiah that says "He was numbered with the trangressors" (Isaiah 53v12).

Luke22v36 -Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37  For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors": for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus needed to fulfill all the messianic prophecies concerning Himself to fully show that He is indeed the prophesied Messiah. And this was one of such prophecies.

He told them to get the sword to fulfil the prophecy of Isaiah. The sword was not even meant to be drawn or used. Infact, when Peter drew the sword, Jesus rebuked him and healed the person Peter hurt with the sword.

Luke 22v49 -When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

51  And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

See that?

I don't know if you're being naively ignorant or being deliberately sinister; but Jesus never preached, or encouraged christians to draw the sword or practise violence against anyone. Believers are told to bless those who curse them and pray for their persecutors.

You would really need to twist the words of Christ or deliberately misinterprete them to imply Jesus preached violence or taught jihad like Islam and Mohammed.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 2:49am On Jan 26, 2016
ayoku777:

This is a parable of Jesus, vaguely showing what will happen to the antagonists of the kingdom of God (the beast, the false prophet and their armies) when Jesus returns to establish His kingdom on earth.

A more precise detail is in Revelation 19;

Rev 19v19 -And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

When Christ returns to establish His kingdom on earth; the beast, the antichrist and their armies, and the sons of perdition that gather to prevent the Kingdom of God and to make war with Christ, will be destroyed by the sword of Christ's mouth (His Word).

But that will be for Christ to do, not christians. Christians are never told to draw sword against anyone as in Islam. We are told to preach the gospel to people now. The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit to christians.

And what all that means literally is; those who reject the Word of God now in rebuke, will face it later in retribution.

Next time quote the verses in full. Don't just wrest or tear a verse from its preceeding and proceeding verses and give it an out-of-context interpretation.

Matthew 10v34 -Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35  For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

See that? The "sword" Jesus said He brought is not the sword of violence, but the sword of asunder and division.

Because those who accepted Jesus as the Christ were rejected and will be rejected, even by family and friends and society. And that was the reality for many believers, especially for the early believers.

John 9v22 -These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

Following Christ will cost you relationships, friendships and associations. And that is the sword of asunder and division that following Christ brought, not the sword of violence.

Quote verses in full for a balnaced view, don't tear them out of context. That looks sinister.

Againt quoting a verse, without showing the preceeding verses to get the balance view.

Jesus told His disciples to buy a sword to fulfil the prophecy of Isaiah that saya "He was numbered with the trangressors" (Isaiah 53v12).

Luke22v36 -Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37  For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors": for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus needed to fulfill all the messianic prophecies concerning Himself to fully show that He is indeed the prophesied Messiah. And this was one of such prophecies.

He told them to get the sword to fulfil the prophecy of Isaiah. The sword was not even meant to be drawn or used. Infact, when Peter drew the sword, Jesus rebuked him and healed the person Peter hurt with the sword.

Luke 22v49 -When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

51  And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.

See that?

I don't know if you're being naively ignorant or being deliberately sinister; but Jesus never preached, or encouraged christians to draw the sword or practise violence against anyone. Believers are told to bless those who curse them and pray for their persecutors.

You would really need to twist the words of Christ or deliberately misinterprete them to imply Jesus preached violence or teach jihad like Islam and Mohammed.

Shalom

Brother, I repeat, christians claim Jesus pbuh is God. So I ask if this true , why did Jesus order the rap.ing of women in Zecharia 14 : 2 ??
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ayoku777(m): 5:14am On Jan 26, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Brother, I repeat, christians claim Jesus pbuh is God. So I ask if this true , why did Jesus order the rap.ing of women in Zecharia 14 : 2 ??

I really don't understand how your interprete the scriptures:

Please read the passage again:

Zechariah 14v1 -Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

This is what is called "The curse of the law". People reap what they sow. When you sow wickedness, you read wickedness. When you sow whoredom you reap the bitter after-pill of whoredom.

Judah and Jerusalem departed from God. Sacrificing their children to idols; and commiting whoredom among themselves and even with the heathens.

Jeremiah 3v2 -Lift up thine eyes unto the high places, and see where thou hast not been lien with. In the ways hast thou sat for them, as the Arabian in the wilderness; and thou hast polluted the land with thy whoredoms and with thy wickedness.

And God, after repeated unheeded warnings and rebukes, delivered them into the hands of their enemies; the Assyrians and the Babylonians. And God caused them to reap what they sowed.

So the judgment you see there in Zechariah 14v1, is the curse of the law; the people of Israel and Judah reaping what they sowed, the bitter harvest of their own wickedness and whoredom.

But even in the midst of all that judgment, if you read further, God also promised to have mercy on them, and judge the nations of Assyria and Babylon for crossing the line and indulging their hatred on God's people.

Zechariah 14v3 - Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zechariah 1v14 -...Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.

15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.

So God was not ordering anything amiss there. It was simply Jerusalem, reaping the harvest of the wickedness and the whoredom they have sown. It is the curse of the law.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 5:21am On Jan 26, 2016
Actually according to the verse if you believe Jesus pbuh is a God , ordered the women ra.ped. you cannot dip on that.
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 5:23am On Jan 26, 2016
Hosea 13:16 The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords."

If you say Jesus pbuh is God , he must have this eh
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 26, 2016
Psalms 137:9
Happy is he who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rocks.

If you claim Jesus pbuh is God, your God sounds um violent
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 5:29am On Jan 26, 2016
2 Kings 2:23-24

He [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!” When he turned around and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

Did your prince of peace do this dang
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2016
hockeyoilers:

You think everybody is a rapist like your prophet?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 26, 2016
Hosea 13:16

Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open.

--

So if Jesus pbuh is God he ordered this up?

Doesn't seem like a prince of peace eh
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 26, 2016
1 Samuel 15:3,8

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' " … He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.

--

You claim Jesus pbuh is God, wow prince of peace eh
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 26, 2016
Deuteronomy 2:32-34

Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, unto battle at Jahaz. And Jehovah our God delivered him up before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed every inhabited city, with the women and the little ones; we left none remaining
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 26, 2016
Why did your " God Jesus " need to kill the little ones ?? What's that all about.
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ovacoma: 8:49am On Jan 26, 2016
After Jesus shed His blood on the cross, New Testament was instituted and Christians are now under the new and better covenant. You can go ahead to decieve yourself with quoting the old testament to damn your soul in hell. Jesus came and gave new laws which anyone who ever hoped to enter heaven must obey. Don't u wonder y Christians don't sacrifice animals as old testament believer did? Jesus gave His blood. We follow Jesus teaching and actions in the new testament. Your attempt is to justify mohammad deeds, which is pathetic!
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ayoku777(m): 10:42am On Jan 26, 2016
hockeyoilers:
1 Samuel 15:3,8

Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' " … He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.

--

You claim Jesus pbuh is God, wow prince of peace eh

Under the old covenant, before Jesus Christ died for our sins and brought grace and truth, mankind was torn between being destroyed completely by sin or God being merciless against sin.

God chose to be merciless with sin; something that caught men in the crosshairs of God's merciless judgment against sin -in the absence of a redeemer.

That's why the language of judgment under the old covenant was very graphic. Not only did men reap what they sowed in manifolds, the sins of the fathers were also visited on the children, generations after the parents.

But now we have a redeemer -Jesus Christ the righteous, who died for our sins and rose for our justification. And is right now in heaven as our high priest, intercessor and advocate before the Father.

So unlike the old covenant where judgment was stronger than mercy, now through Christ, mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2v13).

But ultimately, at the end of the age, God will still eventually judge all those who reject the offer of His grace and salvation presented in Jesus Christ.

So the graphic language and nature of judgment under the old covenant was because in the absence of a saviour and redeemer, divine justice was torn between being merciless against sin or letting sin wipeout mankind.

That's like being caught between a rock and a hard place -and God choose the rock. But there is a saviour, redeemer and Messiah now.

All these things are clear to see in scripture, if you're not too busy deliberately twisting and misintepreting the words of Christ and quoting old testament texts out of covenant-context.

You problem is, you so badly want to put Jesus and Mohammed on the same level, so as to appease your conscience about Mohammed's atrocities. But even a blind person can see that the moral, righteousness, holiness, love and perfection shoes of Jesus Christ are too big for Mohammed's legs, for even his entire body.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by ElectGINeer(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
The reason I hate religion, if Jesus/Jehova/Allah preaches peace, no problem but if it is the opposite he speaks in parables.
BUNCHES OF CONFUSED FELLOW
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Matthew 10:34-36 - "Do not
think that I came to bring
peace on the earth; I did not
come to bring peace, but a
sword. 35 "For I came to set a
man against his father, and a
daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-lawagainst
her mother-in-law; 36 "...and a
man’s enemies will be the
members of his household."
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2016
ayoku777:

Under the old covenant, before Jesus Christ died for our sins and brought grace and truth, mankind was torn between being destroyed completely by sin or God being merciless against sin.

God chose to be merciless with sin; something that caught men in the crosshairs of God's merciless judgment against sin -in the absence of a redeemer.

That's why the language of judgment under the old covenant was very graphic. Not only did men reap what they sowed in manifolds, the sins of the fathers were also visited on the children, generations after the parents.

But now we have a redeemer -Jesus Christ the righteous, who died for our sins and rose for our justification. And is right now in heaven as our high priest, intercessor and advocate before the Father.

So unlike the old covenant where judgment was stronger than mercy, now through Christ, mercy triumphs over judgment (James 2v13).

But ultimately, at the end of the age, God will still eventually judge all those who reject the offer of His grace and salvation presented in Jesus Christ.

So the graphic language and nature of judgment under the old covenant was because in the absence of a saviour and redeemer, divine justice was torn between being merciless against sin or letting sin wipeout mankind.

That's like being caught between a rock and a hard place -and God choose the rock. But there is a saviour, redeemer and Messiah now.

All these things are clear to see in scripture, if you're not too busy deliberately twisting and misintepreting the words of Christ and quoting old testament texts out of covenant-context.

You problem is, you so badly want to put Jesus and Mohammed on the same level, so as to appease your conscience about Mohammed's atrocities. But even a blind person can see that the moral, righteousness, holiness, love and perfection shoes of Jesus Christ are too big for Mohammed's legs, for even his entire body.

Shalom!

Wow your ' God ' dies you say eh
I can't worship anything that can make a stinky toilet
Re: Jesus Peace Be Upon Him Preached Jihad by Ishilove: 7:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
The guy is trolling. Ignore him

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can A Christian Work In Hotel? / Why Are Most Christians Against A World Government? / Existence Problems; Urgent Answers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.