Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience (6105 Views)

FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast / Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Commercial Broiler Chicken Producers Lets Meet Here And Share Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Pavore9: 4:13pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

WAOH..... Thanks for the history lesson...... I learnt a lot o.... I'm really grateful.... I'll have to remove my mind from the cashew farming then cos d lands I gat t around Mbaise area

Which part of Mbaise and what is the size?
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

Which part of Mbaise and what is the size?

Ahiazu to b precise........ Size z what I don't know o........ Wasn't me that got t, but I've been there n it's really big........ Have smaller ones also, but I'm still searching for the best vegetables I can plant in those ones..........

#Wanna answer the farming clarion call#
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by whirlwind7(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

WAOH..... Thanks for the history lesson...... I learnt a lot o.... I'm really grateful.... I'll have to remove my mind from the cashew farming then cos d lands I gat t around Mbaise area

Never say never. If cashew is your passion, then plant a few strands wherever you have land, to see if they will thrive.
What part of Mbaise can one get reasonably priced farmlands, say, 15 plots or more? Do you have reliable contacts there? I saw you mentioned Ahiazu.
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Pavore9: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Ahiazu to b precise........ Size z what I don't know o........ Wasn't me that got t, but I've been there n it's really big........ Have smaller ones also, but I'm still searching for the best vegetables I can plant in those ones..........

#Wanna answer the farming clarion call#

Actually Ahiazu Mbaise is behind my family compound, with less than 5 minutes walk one steps into the Ogbor community of Ahiazu Mbaise.LG.
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

Actually Ahiazu Mbaise is behind my family compound, with less than 5 minutes walk one steps into the Ogbor community of Ahiazu Mbaise.LG.

Waoh, good to know..... My community z Otulu just next to Ogbe (Afor-ogbe)

So what vegetables do u think will b a good idea for someone that wanna farm in these areas, considering d soil n weather?...... I'm not talking conventional crops like cassava, yam o.... I'm talking vegetables that were hitherto foreign to these areas

Thanks
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
whirlwind7:

Never say never. If cashew is your passion, then plant a few strands wherever you have land, to see if they will thrive.
What part of Mbaise can one get reasonably priced farmlands, say, 15 plots or more? Do you have reliable contacts there? I saw you mentioned Ahiazu.

Yeah, God willing, will b testing d cashew stuff.... Seriously, I don't know how a plot looks like, not to talk of 15plots so I can't really say.... All I know z that lands in my area r sold on family basis, probably a member of a family decides to sell his own portion of a land, except u r bouyant enough to buy d whole family's land if they r ready to sell

Dont have reliable contact in this regard Sir. I'm believing 15plots of land must be very large, I'll suggest u check out Obinze area along Owerri-Portharcourt road. Last time I was around there, there were lands up for grab though some have been taken by estates n companies....
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Pavore9: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh, good to know..... My community z Otulu just next to Ogbe (Afor-ogbe)

So what vegetables do u think will b a good idea for someone that wanna farm in these areas, considering d soil n weather?...... I'm not talking conventional crops like cassava, yam o.... I'm talking vegetables that were hitherto foreign to these areas

Thanks

I don't have detailed knowledge of the soil there but am certain cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, courgettes etc because there are varieties of their seeds that will do well there.
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

I don't have detailed knowledge of the soil there but am certain cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, courgettes etc because there are varieties if their seeds that will do well there.

Okay, will read more bout these ones..... Already gathering materials on organic farming in Kenya (uve indirectly been of immerse help on this regard).... Also learning from Organicfoods

I just imagine a time when most of these things we think can't b planted in d East will actually b planted there
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Pavore9: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yampotatocarrot:

Okay, will read more bout these ones..... Already gathering materials on organic farming in Kenya (uve indirectly been of immerse help on this regard).... Also learning from Organicfoods

I just imagine a time when most of these things we think can't b planted in d East will actually b planted there

It is all in the mind! Strawberry, Fresh milk from dairy farms etc will thrive in Imo State, it is just that our thoughts are not focused in that direction.
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pavore9:

It is all in the mind! Strawberry, Fresh milk from dairy farms etc will thrive in Imo State, it is just that our thoughts are not focused in that direction.

Thanks a lot.... I'm grateful.....
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by dboss444: 11:38am On Jan 08, 2017
pamdaniel:
I think your contacts would help... would buyers really come to mbaise to get it or u bring it to town?

presently in owerri
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Uzowurug: 3:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Good day,
Please does anyone have or knows someone who has a snail farm in Owerri or its close environs. I want to go into snail farming and would like to gain first-hand experience. Please this post is very urgent. I can be contacted on WhatsApp with the following number 08165963275. Thanks and God bless
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pamdaniel(m): 8:35am On Jan 26, 2017
I need 5Large white inpigs... possibly crossed with durock... if u have com borough breed in Owerri pls contact me 08068018201
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by eldest(m): 11:21am On Jan 26, 2017
I have seeds of fluted pumpkin for sale whoever needs it should contact me on
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Richpon(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2017
Pls, am desperately in need of a poultry farm, Anyone wit a poultry farm for lease in Owerri west pls contact me. Thanks
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Chinatown1759: 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Anyone with any useful info about a fish farmer in Owerri please let me know.
whatsapp contact 08038709118
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pamdaniel(m): 8:43am On Mar 02, 2017
pdf90:
Good day My name is Pascal .E i am a practicing fish and pig farmer ,my farm is located at umuagwo owerri west
The name of my farm is Man and Nature farms
what breeds of pigs do u have in your farm
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pamdaniel(m): 8:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Chinatown1759:
Anyone with any useful info about a fish farmer in Owerri please let me know.

whatsapp contact 08038709118
go to st. molumba in Owerri along wethral, the nuns there have the best and largest fish ponds in town, and there fingerlings are the best. check in for a sure info.

2 Likes

Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pdf90(m): 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
pamdaniel:
what breeds of pigs do u have in your farm

I have good breed of animals but i honestly cant tell you what breed they are because i source from diffrent farmers and most times they too are not sure of what breed they have ..

I noticed this is more common in the east .
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pamdaniel(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
pdf90:

I have good breed of animals but i honestly cant tell you what breed they are because i source from diffrent farmers and most times they too are not sure of what breed they have ..

I noticed this is more common in the east .
can I have ur contacts so I can come to umuagwo next week to check? I am really in need of camboroughs and long pigs (large white) if u could have piglets of those breeds i would deeply appreciate, I have durock and landrace in my farm, just need the addition of those... God bless your effort
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pdf90(m): 6:59am On Mar 03, 2017
pamdaniel:
can I have ur contacts so I can come to umuagwo next week to check? I am really in need of camboroughs and long pigs (large white) if u could have piglets of those breeds i would deeply appreciate, I have durock and landrace in my farm, just need the addition of those... God bless your effort

My contact is on my profile signature
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by pamdaniel(m): 7:07am On Mar 03, 2017
pdf90:

My contact is on my profile signature
on point... I would give u a call
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by REUBEN010(m): 8:58am On Mar 03, 2017
Apart from sunlight and relative humidity that are not easily controlled here in Nigeria, I think all other factors can be manipulated to suit any arable crop. Any tropical veggie can be grown here in the East. Like Pavore9 said, "It all depends on mindset".

1 Like

Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
REUBEN010:
Apart from sunlight and relative humidity that are not easily controlled here in Nigeria, I think all other factors can be manipulated to suit any arable crop. Any tropical veggie can be grown here in the East. Like Pavore9 said, "It all depends on mindset".

Sure boss. Another thing is market for some *special* vegetables..... Read about raddish, lettuce n spinach, but don't know how d market z over there unlike Lagos

By d way, snail business na correct business....
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Preprobiotics: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by eldest(m): 5:12am On Jan 29, 2018
EJIMS FARMS in Owerri

We are into Piggery, Birds, Fishery, Snail and vegetables

A farm with already built structures and facilities for Piggery, fish, and birds is available for rent/lease in Owerri.
If you're interested in raising birds, fish and growing vegetables or snail farming you can contact us.

We need only serious and passionate farmers.
We also have pigs available for sale, we need butchers around Owerri.

IT students who wants to gain firsthand knowledge on Piggery farming are also welcomed to our farm.

Contact us on: Ejimworld@yahoo.com or 08063535050
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by eldest(m): 6:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
We have 5 pregnant sows, 50 weaners, 30 growers and 15 sows available for sale.
Contact me on 08063535050
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by karlboss: 11:29pm On Mar 07, 2018
I want to learn earthen pond fish farming in owerri
Re: Farmers In Owerri, Lets Meet Here And Share Experience by Sylvad: 2:58am On Oct 11, 2022
May I know if this forum is still working. I want to join you people. Can someone please respond?

I am Stella from Owerri

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can One Eliminate Offensive Odour From Poultry Farming? / How To Access Loans (millions) For Your Farm In 6 Months Time / Medication And Vaccination Schedule For Cockerels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.