Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs (1767 Views)

Pre-wedding Pixs Of My Very Good Friend.... / Abc Of Motherhood / How Is Ur Xmas Going Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by sammoR: 9:26am On Jan 25, 2016
I think Nigerians are entitled to and should demand good service for anything we r paying for. There is a dearth of service issues from service providers all over and i think we need 2start speaking out and rejecting these no matter how small. ABC transport is about the most popular and seqemingly well structured transport services. They were known for always being on time, friendly staff, well serviced buses, excellent safety records n all but all that's gone now, well except for the safety record but anything service related is gone! I have had several bad experiences but kept patronising them while making excuses that these were one off normal operational issues but my experience last Saturday was the final straw.
I paid N6,900 for the ABC sleeper bus from Lagos 2Abuja hoping to get to Abuja early, run around some b4 getting a bus 2 J-Town and save some money. The bus was scheduled 2leave at 5. We waited until 8.30 before a bus was eventually available. As soon as the bus left their Jibowu park, I knew there was something wrong. The bus dragged along, several parts seemed 2b out and there were noises from clanging parts in different parts on the bus. Well the bottom line is that the bus stopped just outside of Lagos. Turned out the bus was bad, something about the balloon seating which was welded just before the journey. Knowing the bus was bad, the management put a mechanic on board to take care of things. He tried. We left Lagos at 9p.m saturday but got to Ibadan at 2.30 am sunday when the bus packed up. Apparently they requested another bus which didnt come till i left there at 5.30 back to Lagos n boarded the 9a.m Dana flight to Abuja cos of the things i had 2do. All d savings i wanted 2make, i just didnt care cos i was so tired from lack of sleep and mosquito bites and there was no way i could endure another 12 or more hours in that bus. I am sure the remaining passengers would get 2abuja by 6.pm. sunday from 5pm d day b4. I just called the customer care line now on 07042226222 and the lady was telling me she wasn't sure a refund was possible. The motor boy had complained that they will refuse to pay them on the pretext that customers in such situations would request for refunds but they still wont pay d customers which turned out to be true. I am posting this out of anger. I am going to write them a strongly worded letter through a lawyer(if i get one). They must refund my money. Other passengers on d bus also talked abt bringing this here so people can share experiences. Abc management should sit up. It doesnt take long for seemingly big organizations to go down. This is how it starts!
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2016
I had similar experience from lagos to port Harcourt via amuwo park, then back to Lagos from owerri park... (Last year in September)

ABC is my choice road transport, but lately everything about them is going left, everything,,,, Very disappointing.
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by sammoR: 10:26am On Jan 25, 2016
Pixs of d bus

Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by onatisi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
This is what I was saying on another thread about transportation business in Nigeria. It isn't as rosy as it looks ,yes you see them counting big money but when they give u a break down of their operational cost you will wonder how they break even. The same with aviation too.
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by sammoR: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
onatisi:
This is what I was saying on another thread about transportation business in Nigeria. It isn't as rosy as it looks ,yes you see them counting big money but when they give u a break down of their operational cost you will wonder how they break even. The same with aviation too.
dont you think bad service is a contributing factor? Customers who are treated badly will hardly ever patronise them again and will spread the word.

1 Like

Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by onatisi(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
sammoR:
dont you think bad service is a contributing factor? Customers who are treated badly will hardly ever patronise them again and will spread the word.
Yes you are correct,but how can they render good service when they aren't making enough profit?
The business climate in Nigeria is harsh that is the truth. Bad roads,loan repayments,fuel cost,and many other factors affect these transportation companies. Look at the aviation sector,where are the private airlines that were doing business like belview and co?
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by RollingFellas: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ever since the company went to the stock exchange to raise funds, they have never been the same again. The company has some internal management issues they have to sort out. A lot of transport companies are doing well.
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by chigoizie7(m): 9:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
Someone is defrauding dem internally. Make dem go find out how and when.

Transport biz in naija is somewhat lucrative.

I ve helped my papa audit for "tracas". Even though na state own am, an d company de run every every, upon say dem de run regional. But, these people de make enough money.
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by RollingFellas: 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2016
chigoizie7:
Someone is defrauding dem internally. Make dem go find out how and when.

Transport biz in naija is somewhat lucrative.

I ve helped my papa audit for "tracas". Even though na state own am, an d company de run every every, upon say dem de run regional. But, these people de make enough money.

You are very correct about transport biz in naija. So many transport companies are springing up everyday and are doing well. Transport biz is a lucrative biz. Something is really wrong with ABC transport
Re: Is ABC Transport Company Going Down? Pixs by estheremma(f): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2016
Sad but true,I traveled with them severally last year n each journey was a disappointment. D bus terminal was unkempt. D buses themselves were old n worse d AC's were not working. Someone should advice them or they 'll lose all their Customers.d painful part is that they charge higher than other companies, at first for their comfort but now whatever for?

(1) (Reply)

Help, How Do I Cut Him Off / What Is Bachelorhood And Spinsterhood Certificate Used For? / By The End Of The Coronavirus Quarantine, A Lot Of Marriages Will Be Over - Joro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.