Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

Help On How To Secure A Shared Printer Of 6 Users - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help On How To Secure A Shared Printer Of 6 Users (606 Views)

How To Safely Use A Shared Computer / 10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Tips On How To Secure A Database System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Secure A Shared Printer Of 6 Users by sheuzee: 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2009
gud day peeps,i jst setup an office wit about 6 computers,i have the printer attached to the host computer and shared it to all other users.my main challenge now is i wnt to put a security measure whereby wen a user wants to print it prompts for administrator password b4 it prints.the operating sys in all computers are windows xp.pls house this is very urgent,waitn 4 ur replies,tanks[color=#990000][/color]
Note:all systems are on the internet
Re: Help On How To Secure A Shared Printer Of 6 Users by routik(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2009
why not pause it from the host so that it will not print unless you unpause it from the host. if is ok by you, then reply back and i will tell you how to do it, it;s simple.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get Cheap Desktop Pcs / Please I Am Little Bit Comfused About This Google Of A Thing I Need Help On This / Get Connected Easily With Vsat On A Wholesale Bandwidth As Low As 500$ For 30sys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.