Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,790 members, 7,851,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

See Why God Has Got You Enrolled Into The Pruning University - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why God Has Got You Enrolled Into The Pruning University (432 Views)

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Why God Has Got You Enrolled Into The Pruning University by ken2015: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2016
DOING YOUR TIME IN THE PRUNING UNIVERSITY? YOU SURE WILL COME OUT GREAT IF YOU DON’T QUIT

Br. Kenneth Chigozie G. Alamezie, BSS

Life isn’t fair--I have heard so many people say. The reason for this we cannot also say is far-fetched.
Life doesn’t always go the way we expect, or does it? This makes the wise always want to pray to God for help and guidance. There is this popular saying that reads: “when the going gets tough the wise runs to God,” and actually this should mark our approach as Christians—if we truly are-- to every earthly pursuit.
But sometimes it seems like even though we pray with faith, fast with faith, do all we know how to do with faith, God doesn’t do what we've asked. We seek Him, but don’t feel His presence. We go through pain, but our cries for relief seem to go unfelt, unanswered. Sometimes, our lives just don't make sense. And there’re just about few things here on earth that makes and would make sense to us; others we would have to discover when we get home. Isn’t this why our journey is called a journey of faith, always trusting God for those things, realities they truly are, but which at present are not visible to our mortal eyes.
The young Joseph, although beloved of God as well as by his aged father Jacob, got this kind of objectionable experience firsthand. I believe his travails were chronicled in Scripture for our learning today. I know this because the Angel Raphael, who was sent to bring succor to the much afflicted aged Tobith, a man well known in his time for his unswerving trust in God, as well as his untiring desire to render help in whichever way possible to God’s people, told him—Tobith-- to put into writing everything that had transpired between them, during his rescue mission to Tobith and Sarah, for the sake of future generations. Of course, this is so that we may know and learn of God’s goodness and faithfulness to his own, those called according to his purpose, and thus have faith--encouraging ourselves in the past mighty deeds of God.
Back to the guy in our story; the young Joseph, barely an adult at the time, had received Divine revelations promising he would be the greatest among his brothers. He was sure of what had been revealed to him, even though there were voices trying to shout him down. But, not quite too long, he to whom the promise of greatness was given found himself trapped inside a scary pit, dug by his own blood brothers. Sure, Joseph’s heart could’ve raced many times through his earlier dreams; his young heart would’ve out of fear and dejection bombarded him with thoughts like: “oh, why me, Lord…so this is how it’s all gonna end, huh? How am I even sure those dreams were really pointing to my future, or couldn’t it be that those were some kind of result of a stressful day…or perhaps a kind of insomnia effect?
“Hey, dreamer, quickly grab the stinking rope and come go meet daddy and your nerve-jerking dreams over there in slavery camp,” would’ve been the thought cum words of the brother that drew him out of the pit. That sure sounds much more like the end for Joe. You know, in those days it would’ve been foolhardy to think a foreigner would get a high-ranking position in Egypt, let alone a Jewish slave. But that’s certainly not the case when one is being prodded by the Almighty Hand. God’s favor can do and undo, sure!
Little did Joe knw he was undergoing the pruning exercise required of those to carry greater responsibility as he. Today, the tide hasn’t changed with time, as the same procedure awaits every great man or woman, boy or girl. What are you trying to say, preacher, you may ask? Yes, the same could be what’s happening to you now. You may be going through your own pruning experience now. If you know a thing about pruning, you could as well understand that it isn’t something funny. You know, you’ve got to be there when farmers do same to their plants to know what I am saying here. I’ve come to understand that the greater the responsibility you have, the more pruning it will require to get you trusted with it. Great destinies, stars would always require extra pruning to the carrier. And it is at this period of pruning that it seems to us as though God’s abandoned us, and heaven shot against us.
Sure, Joe also got to that point. I could tell that from his words to that cell mate of a friend, who later got freed and was returned to his tea-serving job: “hey pal, you sure won’t forget me when you get out of this place, would you? (That’s another way of interpreting his plea to that forgetful folk) That doesn’t sound to me like the words of a man still hanging 75% on the faith scale, you know.
But God wasn’t true with him yet. And that explains why that folk quickly forgot Joe’s request upon regaining the king’s gold strapped tea cup. Joe had to experience another painful, traumatic two years in jail. Traumatic because he was there on a false accusation, got wound up just when he thought his cruise liner was sailing safe. Think about it, having spent years in the prison, Joe now came close to being remembered before Pharaoh, at least that his innocence be known, but only to have to face two more years of what we’d call today languishing in jail, and his prayers, cries, and pains kind of all seem not making it to heaven’s gate.
God could’ve earlier given Pharaoh that dream that sent fear down his spine, and which interpretation eluded the skull cap of his council of wise men. But he waited till the young Joe had finished his professional course in the Egyptian Prison University. That sounds funny, huh? But that’s what it is.
Wait a minute; it could be that because you’re still in the second year of your own Egyptian Prison Experience that made it seem as though God has forgotten you, despite your dazzling beginning. Yeah, your seas of bad breaks aren’t certificate of a failed destiny, dream, future, star…no! And they shouldn’t mar your tenacious cum aspiring spirit and effervescence zeal, either. On the contrary, it all shows you’re right on track; you’re being formed for the master’s use; destined for greatness, you’re being groomed under the tutelage, now not of Gamaliel, but of the Teacher, Rabboni himself, and sure greater things are coming your way if you refuse to give up.
Joseph trusted God to bring him to the expected end, the reason he overcame that trap set by the devil, through Portifa’s wife, to get him ruin his destiny by himself. In the same vein, I’d urge you to trust God with all your soul, no matter what, so that you don’t get yourself out of this great plan of God for your life. You can trust me when I say you’re closer to the crown than you’d thought. So, don’t mess around, and don’t mess things up. Distractions are bound to come, but you just have to keep your head straight to avoid being carried by them. See, the least Satan and all his minions could do is to stop your cruise liner from arriving at its port. No matter the storm, if you’d not stop it yourself, then know that you’d as well be sure you’re arriving, and just at the right timing of God, to your own safe haven of a port. Remember, God rules! God bless you!

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Appeareth To His Mother And Disciples (gospel Of Barnabas) / Afirikans / How My Compassion On Two Strangers I Met Brought Me Incredible Favour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.