Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? (652 Views)

27-year-old Nigerian Woman Fined For Offering Sex To Policeman In Malaysia / 70-yr-old Widow Caught Sleeping With 30-yr-old Man In Ebonyi, Fined 3 Goats / Guinness Nigeria Fined 5 Million Dollars Over Expired Raw Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by Gbajabiamila1: 7:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
I really don't know how to put this better but I feel Globacom Nigeria is ripping customers illegally if I may say. I woke up yesterday morning (Sunday) to see a notification that I've been charged N8.00 for 1 seconds. I didn't know who I called that would charge me such amount for 1 seconds. I complained on twitter and the customer care representative that replied me said I called a certain number 555223 or so. That's obviously absurd, I remember picking up call sometimes from same glo and I wa charged for picking the call, I think that's more unbelievable. How would the network operator call my line and I'll be charged fo pickin the call?
I thought that was all until I woke up this evening and saw another 'banger'! N30.00 gone for no reason, I didn't call anyone since yesterday, neither did I send any message or subscribed to anything. How could glo be deducting my airtime for no reason? Now I'm scared of sleeping tonight before I wake up tomorrow to see N500 deducted. I called the customer care and as expected, the lady that picked the call said they were doing some upgrades and she couldn't pull my phone record. I can't remember the number of times I've called them and they gave this same excuse.

I don't know th exact place to put this but the mods can pls help with that.

Cc lalasticlala .

Re: Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by geez18(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
you did put it in the right place 'cos this is downright criminal!

1 Like

Re: Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by Gbajabiamila1: 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
geez18:
you did put it in the right place 'cos this is downright criminal!
I pray they don't wipe off everything before morning.
Re: Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by Woundedscar(m): 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
for dx naija?
chairman op our budget don loss bfor oo, 8naira dey shock u?
u neva chi chuntin
Re: Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by Gbajabiamila1: 10:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
Woundedscar:
for dx naija?

chairman op our budget don loss bfor oo, 8naira dey shock u?

u neva chi chuntin
It's so bad of them though.
Re: Is Globacomm Nigeria Fined Too? by potbelly(m): 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
I have to lend my voice to this issue. For the past six months, Glo has fraudulently deducted my credit. This started towards the ending of the month June 2015. 100 naira was deducted from my account. I called their customer care to report the incident. I was told i subscribed for one of their sms packaged which I didn't (why should i do such when i Have the internet at my disposal?) I asked how that possible when i didn't send an sms to request for the package, their reply was i probably answered one of the automated calls or someone didn't it on my behalf (crazy response). I was told the issue has been forwarded to their "so called engineers" and it will be resolved in 48hrs.I received an sms to that effect that the issue has been resolved. To avoid repetition of the incident, i stopped answering automated calls. although the sms stopped coming my credit was still deducted usually toward the end of the month and this continued till september when i decided not to reload my credit account. sometime in october I decided to reload my credit account and this time I ensured the credit left was always below 100 naira. This worked for the month october and november. Early december, I loaded my account because i intended to send christmas messages to friends, collegues and family, They deducted 100 naira the same day I loaded the account. Calling customer care again, i was told they can't tell me the exact service i subscribed for because their are carrying out system upgrade. After all the hot tempered words were released from me, the customer care officer told me she will forward the issue to their engineers. The same day, I received a message that the issue has been resolved. This repeated itself around christmas and the same shouts and assurance from the customer care official ensued. Just this week, I continued with my routine of ensuring the credit is below 100 naira, only for glo to deduct 50 naira out of the balance left. Same talk of they can't tell me what services i subscribed for because of system upgrade that the issue has been forwarded to the engineers for solution.

1.Now my issue is why should a telecom provider deduct credit for services that were not requested for i.e forcing it on the subscribers

2. I don't know what the so called engineers are doing in that place because i believe if an issue should be resolved, it should be resolved once and for all.

I know some people will say its just 100 naira but think of how many subcribers maybe running into millions that have similar experiences.

This is my first time i am calling on you Lalasticlala. please push this thing to front page. i believe there are alot of people out there experiencing this issue and this platform been the biggest in africa will make globacom telecommunications sit up.

(1) (Reply)

15-year-old Son Of Murdered Delta Monarch Emerges Nigeria's Youngest King / ISIS Vote London As The Next Place For Attack / See What EFCC Officials Did To A House They Stormed In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.