Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria (2129 Views)

Gameloft Fans / Gameloft Announces All Their Future Games. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Luvlydevin(m): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2016
French digital and social game publisher Gameloft has revealed that it has expanded into Africa with the announcement of a new trade office in Nigeria.

According to the company the new addition will allow it to reinforce its presence in the fast-growing mobile telecommunications market that is Africa.

Africa is the most dynamic region in terms of mobile telephony, which today has made it the third largest global market in terms of mobile subscribers.

With a presence in Johannesburg since 2012, Gameloft continues to grow in Africa and saw its revenue increase by 536% over the last four years. This growth can partly be explained by the number of partnership offers it holds with local telephone operators and manufacturers. Throughout 2013-14, a stream of new entry-level smartphone and touch tablet models (Android and Windows) provided Gameloft with a new opportunity to benefit from its experience in this segment, and in so doing, increased its market share in Africa.

“The opening of a new trade office in Africa will allow us to take advantage of the considerable potential of a market that already includes more than 367 million users,” noted Vincent Brezillon, Gameloft’s Sales Director Africa. “The success that we’ve experienced since the opening of our Johannesburg office, and surging sales in Africa over the last two years, completely justify the opening of a subsidiary in Nigeria, which is Africa’s strongest economy. In addition, this presence will facilitate interactions with our current and future local partners.”

Gameloft already works with a number of African mobile operators, such as MTN, Orange, Vodafone, Safaricom, Ooredoo, and Etisalat, which allows the company to currently enjoy a presence in most countries in Africa (South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt,Ghana, Cote d’Ivoire, Morocco, Algeria, etc.). New key distribution partnerships will follow shortly, which will extend Gameloft’s reach to other African countries such as Ethiopia and Tanzania.

Source: http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2016/01/gameloft-opens-office-in-nigeria/
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by v4vendetta: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2016
A welcome development,other countries and organisations see's Nigeria as a well developed nation in terms of economy but the Nigerians themselves don't see it that way,I wonder who's right or wrong
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Luvlydevin(m): 10:52am On Jan 26, 2016
v4vendetta:
A welcome development,other countries and organisations see's Nigeria as a well developed nation in terms of economy but the Nigerians themselves don't see it that way,I wonder who's right or wrong
lol you are right
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by cao(f): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
Gameloft themselves haven't made noise about it on their own website*, which is a shame, but I guess the fact they've actually opened an office in Nigeria is a very good sign.

By the way, there's a Twitter handle claiming to be Gameloft Nigeria (@GameloftNigeria), the last time it was updated was 19/2/2014...So did Gameloft create an official Nigerian handle, then scrapped it 75 tweets later? Or was it some random?

*[url=http://www.gameloft.com/corporate/company/world-presence/?lang=en&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gameloft.co.uk%2Fdownload-games%2Fnews%2F]See[/url]...no mention of the African continent...Gotta love that the Da Nang (Vietnam) office is simply a phone number...

Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by cao(f): 4:21pm On Jan 26, 2016
Luvlydevin:
I already modified your post with said link, or didn't you notice that your post looks cleaner?
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Luvlydevin(m): 9:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
wink [/quote] ok just noticed that now
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:38am On Jan 27, 2016
I will know for sure when gamers in Nigeria are recognized when you can register on Psn or Xbox live with your Nigerian address
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Luvlydevin(m): 5:19am On Jan 27, 2016
grin
youmour:
I will know for sure when gamers in Nigeria are recognized when you can register on Psn or Xbox live with your Nigerian address
grin grin grin
youmour:
grin
Re: Gameloft Opens Office In Nigeria by Lxgking(m): 1:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
Pls I need help, am confused as which digits should be d password if one buys d Gameloft purchase code, from d long code dey usually send back....dey v already collected my ngn100credit.

(1) (Reply)

Super Soccer 2020 Android 900mb Hd Graphics Novo Jogo! Super Soccer 2020 Fifpro / Dell G3 15 3500 Gtx 1660ti 512gb Ssd Core I7 / Pes 2012 Pc Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.