Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Apple Looks Set To Ditch The 3.5mm Headphone Port, And I Couldn’t Be Happier - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Looks Set To Ditch The 3.5mm Headphone Port, And I Couldn’t Be Happier (355 Views)

[opinion] Whatsapp Is The Worst: 8 Reasons You Should Ditch It / Galaxy S8 Is Not Going To Feature A 3.5mm Headphone Jack / Here Is Why Apple Removed The 3.5mm Headset Jack From The New Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Looks Set To Ditch The 3.5mm Headphone Port, And I Couldn’t Be Happier by Queenett1997: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2016
ALL SIGNS point to Apple dropping the industry-standard 3.5mm headphone port from its next iPhone, as part of a major hardware redesign. And I couldn’t be happier.

Apple is rumoured to be dropping the industry-standard 3.5mm port from its iPhone

Apple looks set to ditch the industry-standard 3.5mm headphone port from its next iPhone, dubbed iPhone 7.
Code buried within the latest beta for iOS 9.3 – “Headphones.have.%sinput.NO” – points to how the iPhone could handle audio signals without a dedicated headphone port.
It doesn’t confirm the rumour, but it does show Apple is at least investigating the possibility.
This has not been met with an entirely positive response.
Indeed, some 293,000 people have spoken out and signed a petition asking Apple to reconsider its rumoured plans.
But I wasn’t one of them.

And that’s not because I have an overwhelming and irrational desire to throw out my tried-and-tested headphones and AUX cables. But nonetheless, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited about the prospect of Apple dropping a hundred-year old technology from its cutting-edge smartphone.
Part of that excitement is because it shows Apple is still willing to take risks with its most successful product, iPhone.
After all, this towering smartphone behemoth currently accounts for a whopping 62.5 per cent of Apple's total revenue.
You could argue that the MacBook, Apple’s svelte single-port netbook unveiled in March last year, is enough to prove the world’s most successful company is still willing to take risks. And if the MacBook had replaced the MacBook Air, I would have agreed.

Contd. >>> http://newsnewsblog..com.ng/2016/01/apple-looks-set-to-ditch-35mm-headphone.html

(1) (Reply)

delete this post / Note 4 / Status Of My Iphone 4s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.