Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Looking To Buy A Printer For Personal Or Home Office Use? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Looking To Buy A Printer For Personal Or Home Office Use? (878 Views)

I Want To Buy A Printer / How Do I Installe A Printer On A Laptop Without The Printer Cd? / Suggest A Printer For Home Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking To Buy A Printer For Personal Or Home Office Use? by shawlxAk(m): 10:45am On Jan 26, 2016
Ok, so you intend to purchase a printer device but you are not quite sure how to go about it? Here are some tips to guide you.

► What printer technology to go for

First, you need to be sure of what you actually need the printer for. Printer devices are basically of two types – Inkjet and Laser.

For occasional printing of documents, a standard inkjet printer device would suffice, but a standard low-end laser printer is advisable. Apart from the fact that the print heads in an inkjet printer might always need some cleaning before your next use, the ink could also dry up and you would need to buy new cartridges.

If you will be doing lots of document printing, then it's advisable to go for a standard laser printer device straightaway. Laser printers are relatively expensive, but they are more reliable and cost-effective in the long run.

In printing a lot of documents, an inkjet printer will cost you more in the long run because the ink will run out so fast and you would have to buy new cartridges more often. Laser printers make use of toner, which can last a very long time.

Note: If you are going to be doing exclusive high-quality photo printing, you should go for a dedicated photo printer device, preferably of inkjet type for better picture quality.

Next, you need to decide if you want a black-and-white or colour printer. Also, do you need a multifunction device (all-in-one) or a stand-alone printer?

Read more here:

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/looking-to-buy-a-printer-for-personal-or-home-office-use-here-are-some-tips-to-guide-you/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help On My Picture Recovery. Urgent / Deal On Tablet Smartphone At Micostar Mall / Kindle Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.