Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,937 members, 7,852,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

5 Truly Stunning Words You Should Use Regularly - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Truly Stunning Words You Should Use Regularly (394 Views)

35 Words You Are Pronouncing Wrongly! / 9 English Words You Might Be Pronouncing Incorrectly / 5 Truly Stunning Words You Should Use Regularly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Truly Stunning Words You Should Use Regularly by TRWConsult(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
A simple way to express yourself more clearly and be more successful is to improve your vocabulary. If you’re a writer, learning and using new vocabulary will improve the dynamism of your work. Choosing which words to learn from the over one million words in English, however, can be a daunting task. We’ve done the legwork for you and selected five truly stunning words that will add vigour to your speech and writing.

1 Ephemeral
adjective
Lasting for a very short time
My feelings about him were ephemeral; they left as quickly as they arrived.

2 Imbroglio
noun (plural: imbroglios)
An extremely confused, complicated, or embarrassing situation
When the fully booked hotel allowed someone else with the same name to check into our room, it took several hours for us to maneuver the imbroglio.

3 Mellifluous
adjective
(Of a sound) pleasingly smooth and musical to hear
Adele’s voice is mellifluous.

4 Nefarious
adjective
Flagrantly wicked or impious: evil
Alan Rickman was famous among younger audiences for playing the nefarious Snape; older audiences will remember him as Hans Gruber from Die Hard.

5 Propinquity
noun
Nearness of blood: kinship
Nearness in place or time: proximity
Despite our propinquity, my sister and I don’t know each other very well.

When you use these new words with people who don’t know them, turn the exchange into a mini–vocabulary lesson and show them the value of learning new words.

Credit: Grammarly
Re: 5 Truly Stunning Words You Should Use Regularly by Aremu01(m): 3:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
In short turn us to Patrick Obaiagbon

(1) (Reply)

I So Love University On Nigeria Nsukka...my Reasons / The Most Popular Languages For Online Courses / For Your Project Topics And Materials On Environmental Management And Sciences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.