Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,845 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Error On E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Error On E-passport (630 Views)

Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / What Does It Take To Carry Out Change Of Name In Nigeria's E-passport? / Changing Of Name On E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error On E-passport by erniewhez(m): 5:22am On Jan 27, 2016
Please there is an error of year of birth in my e-passport, it was written 1978 instead of 1968, however I did not notice as I was not in need of it until it expired and I wanted to renew. Pls has anyone in the house had this problem or similar and how was it resolved. All other details were correct except for year of birth. Thanks for your intelligent serious contributions.
Re: Error On E-passport by LOVEGINO(m): 5:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Go for new one.
Re: Error On E-passport by deluxecad(m): 5:51am On Jan 27, 2016
LOVEGINO:
Go for new one.

The problem with the e-passport is that it reproduces the exact data you have in the previous passport, the only thing that changes is the date of re-issue and expiry.

How does he get the wrongly entered date of birth corrected? I think that's his question.
Re: Error On E-passport by stunning4real: 7:35am On Jan 27, 2016
Abuja straight! That is why i don't support the Abuja trip for any little correction. In this computer age
Re: Error On E-passport by LOVEGINO(m): 4:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
deluxecad:

The problem with the e-passport is that it reproduces the exact data you have in the previous passport, the only thing that changes is the date of re-issue and expiry.

How does he get the wrongly entered date of birth corrected? I think that's his question.
he should go online and do a fresh registration. They ll issue him new one
Re: Error On E-passport by erniewhez(m): 2:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for ur contributions, but i was hoping to find someone who might experienced this b4. however if i go to abuja, does anyone has idea of d cost of correction? e-passport is registered with thumbprint so filing for a new one will eventually amount to duplicating thumbprint and qtnable.

(1) (Reply)

Five (5) Of The World’s Craziest Airport Interiors / Come Take A Trip To ARINTA WATERFALLS / Arrived England In One Piece

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.