Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,078 members, 7,957,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:20 AM

Album Review: Burna Boy – On A Spaceship - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: Burna Boy – On A Spaceship (579 Views)

Album Review: Burna Boy – Outside / "Link Up" - Phyno Featuring Burna Boy & M.I (Audio, Video) / Burna Boy Unveils Sophomore Album Art “on A Spaceship” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Review: Burna Boy – On A Spaceship by LORDCUPID(m): 7:19am On Jan 27, 2016
Burna Boy is back with his sophomore project following his well received debut, L.I.F.E. An undoubtedly talented artist, he is some Sizzla, some Daddy Shokey and perhaps most precious to him, some Fela. His grandfather, Benson Idonije, was Fela’s manager, a connection Burna himself reveres. His homage to the legend started on Run My Race and continued on Soke. There is that, he is from Port-Harcourt, London, speaks pidgin, Patois, English, Yoruba and all his influences are present on On A Spaceship.

After his relationship with Aristokrat Records came to a rather abrupt end, he also parted ways with his erstwhile producer, Leriq, with whom he had hitherto done really good work, as evidenced especially by Like To Party; a left-field, a joint that sounded nothing like what was on the scene at its time of release, with its London-Jamaican influences.

Since then, he’s penned his song-writing and publishing deal with Island Records, released 3 stellar singles that heightened anticipation for the sophomore project, launched his own independent outfit, Spaceship Entertainment and made South-Africa his home earlier in 2015. All that plus his well documented fraternity with South-African rapper, AKA, which spurned the smash-hit All Eyes On Me and his outburst at MTV for the failure to nominate him as a solo act kept him burning on the Naija music radar. continue READING here >>> http://newbanger.com/album-review-burna-boy-on-a-spaceship/

(1) (Reply)

Download New Music Gzone FT LC - Session 101 / YAHWEH Video (spoken Word Performed By A Nairalander Youpele52) / Ivorian Singer Dj Arafat Gave A Fan A Serious Smack Down On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.