Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies (26276 Views)

Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by 100okedara: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
I rep UNILAG. If you graduated from dis great school pls like

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Mayour11(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Ok, we don hear
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Emperor4God(m): 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Many know that Convenant University is full of Occult symbols, but most ignore the fact that ever proposed built Winners Chapel aka Living Faith is a celebration of the occult.

Many people do not know that Winners Chapel aka Living Faith have buildings designed to glorify Satan and promote the Illuminati

FOR EXAMPLE WINNERS CHAPEL OTA IS CALLED CANAANLAND AND THE BIBLE SAY'S CURSED IS CANAAN.

Genesis 9:25
And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Now think about it why call your church Canaanland unless you have satanic ideas.

Even a Freemason temple is called Canaan.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ce73GxpifQA/VMWl3yLzKmI/AAAAAAAAAyw/wvzZnqgj1og/s1600/canaan%2Blodge2.jp[/img]

THE NAME CANAAN IS SO CURSED THAT A MAN WROTE ABOUT IT.
SO TO CALL YOUR CHURCH CANAAN LAND SHOWS EVIL INTENTIONS

WE WILL SHOW THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE ALL ILLUMINATI & FREEMASON BUILDINGS

1 WINNERS CHAPEL NAIROBI KENYA
2 WINNERS CHAPEL INTERNATIONAL TOGO
3 WINNERS CHAPEL KADUNA
4 WINNERS CHAPEL PORT HARCOURT
5 WINNERS CHAPEL ILORIN
6 WINNERS CHAPEL OWERRI
7 WINNERS CHAPEL IBADAN
8 WINNER CHAPEL BOTSWANA
9 WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA
10 WINNERS CHAPEL CANAANLAND OTA

Have you wondered why WINNERS CHAPEL GOSHEN CITY, ABUJA has this funny shaped roof?

WE EVEN GO FUTHER TO SHOW THAT THE PASTORS ARE FREEMASONS & MEMBERS OF THE ILLUMINATI
Notice the Pyramid Oyedepo flashes while preaching

THERE IS SO MUCH WELL DOCUMENTED INFORMATION FOR MORE READING

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2015/01/winners-chapel-satan-illuminati-and.html

WINNERS CHAPEL ILLORIN HAS PYRAMID IN FRONT

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FOUBNk6ucuw/VMHOrMOB7WI/AAAAAAAAAqY/Jze-J1oyGqA/s1600/winners%2Bilorin4%2Bupload.jpg[/img]

PLEASE LEAVE WINNERS CHAPEL
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by pharoah7(m): 11:44am On Jan 27, 2016
Inconclusive list...where is my Uniben??
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by MadCow1: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2016
kelvyn7:
shocked MY UNIBEN IS NOT ON UR LIST AND UI IS NO. 4 ? undecided

If to say I see uniben name there I for close this thread.. angry

Una never fit train Secondary school students na post graduates una wan train.

Iyalaya Anybody
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by MadCow1: 11:45am On Jan 27, 2016
pharoah7:
Inconclusive list...where is my Uniben??

Fhuck UNIBEN
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Lazyreporta:
This is a list of the Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies.
A lot is happening across the country in terms of the development of education. This is especially very obvious in developed countries because the value of education over there is held with optimum concern.

However, the story in developing countries like Nigeria is also changing.

At least, there used to be a time in Nigeria when having primary school certificate was not only sufficient, but it was valuable enough for you to present for job applications and you were sure you would get a good job, gone are the good old days. Then as time went on it became the secondary school certificate and then first-Degree.
Today, a first-degree may not even be enough to fetch you a good job. Reason why you might need something more, which is postgraduate studies.

Upgrading academic qualification is what has driven quite a number of people into seeking Postgraduate Studies in order to increase the competitive advantage and chances in the labour market.

Nevertheless, not all universities offer Postgraduates Studies and even if they do, it’s differing levels of quality and we need to know the best of post graduate schools.

Now let us take a look at top 5 Nigerian universities that offer Postgraduate studies.

1. University of Lagos (UNILAG)
This is one of the most popular/expensive Federal Universities in Nigeria (if you like, you can call it the ‘private-public’ University of Nigeria).

Graduates from this citadel of learning carry themselves with a lot of pride.

The Federal Government of Nigeria tried not too long ago to change the name of the school which was founded in 1962 to MAULAG – Moshood Abiola University of Lagos, and this move by the government was met with stiff opposition from both present and past students of the school. UNILAG is a good choice for Postgraduate students for several reasons. Its certificates are generally well accepted. It runs one of the fastest academic calendars with relative stability. Barring all unforeseen circumstances, you should be done with your postgraduate programme in 14 months.

More information here: http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/

2. University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
UNILORIN, one of the nation’s federal universities, established in 1975, is one of the go-to schools for postgraduate studies and even for degree courses.

This has become possible because in recent times the school has been able to maintain a stable school calendar for about 7 years. If you are lucky to have a nice supervisor and your thesis is not so difficult, you should be through with your postgraduate programme within a year.

Get more information here: http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/pgschool/

3. University of Nigeria, Nsuka (UNN)
UNN is not seen as a major player in the league of schools that run postgraduate progammes, and this seemingly disadvantage is because of its location; it is not located in a city.

This school that was established in 1955, remains one of the schools where you can obtain your masters quickly, in fact in less than a year, if time is a factor that you would consider in choosing a school, especially in the engineering and science studies.

Though some other courses can take up to 18 months to finish (and this is not peculiar to UNN alone).

Get more information here: http://www.unn-edu.info/post-graduate

4. University of Ibadan (UI)
Some say this is the ‘Harvard’ of Nigeria. Well, you will not say they are far from the truth, looking at the pedigree of the school.

Being the first university in Nigeria, established in 1948 initially known as University College, Ibadan (UCI) before it was changed to University of Ibadan in 1962. Getting admitted into the school for a postgraduate study is always a herculean task.

This is due in part to the number of prospective applicants for postgraduate programmes. Give and take, you should be through with your postgraduate studies within 18 – 21 months. UI maintains a high standard in quality, therefore applicants must be prepared for hard work.

Find out more here: http://www.admissions.pgschool.ui.edu.ng/

5. Covenant University (CU)
One of the most popular privately owned universities in Nigeria. The Chancellor being the very enigmatic Bishop David Oyedepo of the Winners Chapel church.

Since the establishment in October 2002, the school has changed the dynamics of how schools at all levels are run in Nigeria, holding herself to the highest standards obtainable in developed countries in the Western world.

Regarded as one of the most equipped universities in the country, the school has won University of the Year Award more than once. Applicants can rest be assured that they will complete their postgraduate studies in this school in record time of between 12 – 18 months.

Find out more here: http://www.pgschool.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/admissions/

That should be all for now on Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies. What's your own opinion?

Source: http://lazyreporta.com/top-5-nigerian-universities-for-postgraduate-studies/

How much will it cost to run a PGD in Business Administration at Covenant?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by kelvyn7: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:

If to say I see uniben name there I for close this thread.. angry

Una never fit train Secondary school students na post graduates una wan train.

Iyalaya Anybody

SEE UR MOUTH grin U FIT CLOSE THREAD? grin

U SABI OPEN THREAD SEF? undecided cheesy cheesy cheesy

EGBON MADCOW, IF U WANT THE UNIBEN BSC, COME AND COLLECT IT cool #ISLANDCREW

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by MadCow1: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2016
mcee1:
If we tell una say WEED no good, una no dey gree. So these are the only universities one can do PG

No.. these are the top ones.

Stay in school
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by emmasege: 11:49am On Jan 27, 2016
@OP, how do you assess top Unis for postgraduate studies? In quality of research or in wishy-washy/crash masters programmes as being run in UNILAG and UNN?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by MadCow1: 11:50am On Jan 27, 2016
kelvyn7:

SEE UR MOUTH grin U FIT CLOSE THREAD? grin

U SABI OPEN THREAD SEF? undecided cheesy cheesy cheesy

EGBON MADCOW, IF U WANT THE UNIBEN BSC, COME AND COLLECT IT cool #ISLANDCREW

grin grin grin

Lol at UNIBEN BSC. . Wetin I go use am do? I no dey use paper clean yansh.. cool
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by NairaExam690(m): 11:53am On Jan 27, 2016
dnal arian (spell it back word) DNAL ARIAN
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by oluphilip2008(f): 11:57am On Jan 27, 2016
Whoever gathered this piece is really disillusioned. Placing UI in the fourth position? When it's in fact the only credible Postgraduate University of good repute in Nigeria is just a big joke of the year. Another grave error of the writer is OAU not being amongst the five. I wonder what yardstick was used. But whatever yardstick it is, it's obviously inaccurate and riddled with big?

You don't just post any junk just because it's convenient. Consider the misleading effects.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Johncuppa(m): 12:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
If U.I is not topping the list and ABU is not there. Na lie?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by kelvyn7: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:

grin grin grin

Lol at UNIBEN BSC. . Wetin I go use am do? I no dey use paper clean yansh.. cool

HAHAHAHAHA, EVEN IF NA GOLD YANSH U GET SEF, U NO FIT USE MY ALMA META CERTIFICATE DO LIKE DAT
GO ASK WELL MAKE DEM TELL YA
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by lightdotcom: 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
Not surprised at this myopic research any gaddem can just post any piece of thrash online these days
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by dubajek: 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
@olajebu
Pls are you serious abt NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA. Am interested

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Ghost01(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wesely01:
Ahmadu Bello University , Zaria
I think expediency is the major parameter used by the OP. ABU fails on that count.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by pobosky20(m): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
ayatt:
Where is ABU?

Thunder fire your ABU!!! On post graduate studies matter no even mention A talk less of BU.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2016
godfirstawe:
No on in the south south that you can vouch for?

Need a master degree in engineering course but need more details on university in South ie. .am in calabar precisely?

Dont you have unical in your consideration?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by APCcrimesHD: 12:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
kelvyn7:
shocked MY UNIBEN IS NOT ON UR LIST AND UI IS NO. 4 ? undecided

I DONT THINK U DID A THOROUGH RESEARCH ABOUT THIS undecided

#HALL4LAWBASEMENT wink

You dey represent!

#hall4beanshere

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by piagetskinner(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hmmm..... Unilorin always manages to crawl into every list

Good thing

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Pedagogue: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
The way Seun and his MOD's validate posts related to Universities has to change.

All sorts of junks about rankings by people who know little or nothing about Universities end up on NL front page.

First, who is the author of this ranking, and what is his standing in the academic community?

Allowing anyone with a phone and an account with NL to rank Universities from the comfort of his bed is juvenile.

No sane academic will include Covenant University in a list comprising the best PG schools in Nigeria. And no member of the academic community will omit OAU , Ife from Top 5 and leave University of Ibadan in the 4th position! U.I has the best PG school in Nigeria.

The Op's list is an insult to the academic community.

Well,what more can anyone expect from a LAZY REPORTER?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Tobbey(m): 1:26pm On Jan 27, 2016
What of Babcock?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
undecided Op, dis list ain't complete without uniben smiley
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by jejetaiwo(m): 2:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
Heya sori, take heart.... Unilag no Grant u admission.
Acidosis:
For me Covenant University should be the top most uni.

That's the only school in Naija that uphold academic integrity and originality. Not some copy and paste student and lecturers from Akoka

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wesely01:
Can never make first 5.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Gassa007: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Pedagogue:
The way Seun and his MOD's validate posts related to Universities has to change.

All sorts of junks about rankings by people who know little or nothing about Universities end up on NL front page.

First, who is the author of this ranking, and what is his standing in the academic community?

Allowing anyone with a phone and an account with NL to rank Universities from the comfort of his bed is juvenile.

No sane academic will include Covenant University in a list comprising the best PG schools in Nigeria. And no member of the academic community will omit OAU , Ife from Top 5 and leave University of Ibadan in the 4th position! U.I has the best PG school in Nigeria.

The Op's list is an insult to the academic community.

Well,what more can anyone expect from a LAZY REPORTER?
Eyaah take heart

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Skymiyke(f): 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wesely01:
Bros or na Sis,Abu of all schools,dos pple wey sabi frustrate pesin life right 4rm undergraduate to postgraduate!I knw wetin I face 4 dat school!

Anyways, grin grin

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by Kennycyphers(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
Please which University is currently selling form for masters degree programme
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies by striker07(m): 4:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
oau is still on, closes Jan 31

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Regret Ever Reading Political And Administrative Studies At The UNIPORT. / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right / Rose Okeke: I Won The James Currey Prize 2022, Yet Hundeyin Got The Fellowship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.