Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,940 members, 7,956,552 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Penastory: The Picaninni (A Flash Fiction On Black Subjugation By Whites) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penastory: The Picaninni (A Flash Fiction On Black Subjugation By Whites) (484 Views)

The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) / At His Funeral: A Flash Fiction / Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Penastory: The Picaninni (A Flash Fiction On Black Subjugation By Whites) by Abisoyee(m): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2016
http://penastory.com/2016/01/28/the-picaninny-tina-august/

They looked down on me and mistreated me, turned me into a slave in my own home,mocked my ebony beauty and looked at me as dumb.They resented my guts and jailed me for questioning their authorities all because I am a Picaninny. They took my freedom and restricted my wisdom because they did not find me worthy. They laughed at my beauty, insulted my sincerity to my people and jailed me.

Why do we still worship this people even after so little affection they showed the Picaninny? Why do we still copy their deranged fashion and absurd culture even when they have no values? Why do we not challenge them when they act like they own our world and our lives? Why do we let them see us as so little when we are so much more? I am a Picaninny and I believe in what I stand for, the beauty of my African skin and the values of my culture. Yes! I am a Picaninny.

Find more interesting reads on www.penastory.com

(1) (Reply)

Writing Early Is The Key. / One Rainy September. / #wowafrica Auditions Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.