Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,771 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

Fortitude - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fortitude (529 Views)

Fortitude, Part 3 / Fortitude PART 2 / Fortitude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fortitude by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 28, 2016
“Keep going Laolu, you can make it!”

Yes. I can. I can do this. My muscles strain and then get replaced with fire as I make the final lap. I can see Steven in his annoying yellow shorts just a little distance ahead. No way I’d allow that silly idiot in yellow win me. No way. I pour even more energy into my legs as I run harder…

Then it happens. I must have miscalculated or something. My left foot hits my right ankle and I stumble. As though in slow motion, I see the ground rushing up to greet me. At the last minute, I force my hands in front of me in an instinctual protective gesture. I hit the ground and hit it hard, rolling a bit till I eventually slow to a stop.

My brain faithfully reports the creation and presence of several brand new cuts and bruises. Footsteps that sound like thunder pass me by. I pull myself to my feet. I can’t make it anymore. Checking around I see that I am now the second to the last in the race. No way to win now. I drag myself off the field.
Days pass. The next race comes up. My house master comes to meet me.

“Laolu. There’s another race. I want you to run for us. We can win this one.”

“I’m sorry sir. I won’t run again.”

“You have to. You’re one of our best!”

“I’m sorry sir. I won’t run.”

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

Re: Fortitude by joanee20(f): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
Y must I go to dat link b4 I can finish d story..

(1) (Reply)

Poetry Play #16 / Devilish Comedian ( The Sequel To Evil Comedian) Episode 8 / Index Your Webpages Into Google Search Index And Google News For World Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.