Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband (2141 Views)

Nursing Mother With Her Baby Spotted At A Betting Shop In Lagos. Photos / See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / Is It Good For A Mother To Support Her Younger Child Over D Elder In An Argument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by OEmiohe: 7:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
I'm a nursing mother with a 3 months old baby. My hubby lost his job just almost immediately after our wedding early last year although he just got a job this January after a long wait. i on the other hand, i have been leaving with my mum since i put to bed atleast until my hubby can get a job to cater for us and I am planning on returning to my own home next month. Also since i put to bed I have been getting job interviews but very far from my house. i'm considering my 3 months old baby and the fact that we live alone at home; pls wots your opinion should I get a job irrespective of distance to support my hubby or wot else can I do to support my hubby concerning the fact that our house rate will soon expire. pls kindly drop your kind opinion . Thank you
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by okirewaju(f): 9:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
Congrats on your lil one.

You have to think of what to do to support your husband as your family is just growing . The distance you are talking about is how far? Like how many mins drive from the house?
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by Keebee4bowale: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2016
U just hv 2find somthing 2do 2assist ur hubby, ur self nd d family. I go to offix wit my 3months old baby toooooooo
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by thorpido(m): 10:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
You will need to get a job to support your hubby.The question is where will you keep your baby?
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by cococandy(f): 10:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
Yes you should.
Not that you should endanger your baby while doing so but some people work with infants that age.
Just try to find a way around it.
Maybe your employers will be kind to allow you make arrangements where you can have access to your kid while at work.

Or maybe leave your baby with your mom (if she's free) and go to work.
Hopeful by the time youv'e worked for some time, you can afford to start sending him/her to crèche while you go to work.

Life no easy

1 Like

Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by Miami11: 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Do you have a reliable person to watch your baby? If so you can resume work

1 Like

Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by Nobody: 4:30am On Jan 29, 2016
If the job offers do not object against bringing ur baby along, then take it up. God bless ur family good woman.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by SisterCaro(m): 5:03am On Jan 29, 2016
You can get a reliable person to take care of your baby while you are at work or you could look for a small business you can start doing from home that could help you bring in some income.
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by soopamom: 8:28am On Jan 29, 2016
Its not cut and dry. You need financial planning. Your husband just got a job. Can the job support you for a few more months? Can you spend a few more months with your mom? Please always place the welfare of your child above all else. Money is not everything. 3 months is really tender and if your "mind no gree" then trust your instincts. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by OEmiohe: 9:59am On Jan 29, 2016
I thank you all for your candid advice. I really appreciate your advice its been helpful.

sister Caro: "thank you pls can u suggest the kind of small bizness I can start from home. my hubby and I had discussed DAT be4 n he plans on giving me at least 20k out of his 100k monthly salary by dis month end, so DAT i can start either a honey supply bizness or Coconut oil production bizness but my fear is who do I sell to; considering the fact that my hubby and live in an estate which the house rent (250k) will expire by May this year. if I am to start a bizness I still would have to go to shops n groceries to market it for sale, which practically means I'll back my little one and go from one groceries to another to market my product. "

soopamon: "Thank you so much for your advice also. my hubby is presently doing a marketing job and earning 100k monthly salary with probation of 6 months. he is under so much pressure to make sales which I know by God's grace he will make sales".

Radically Blunt: " Amen. thank you . God bless you too"
Re: Should A Nursing Mother Work To Support Her Husband by trendyprettygir: 2:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
Discuss with your mom and if she can help, leave your baby when you get a job.

But while waiting to get a job, how about starting that business first?

Please make up your mind fast.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander, Gets Married To His Best Friend / What If Your Child Rejects Your Family Religion? / Is It Possible To Marry And Genuinely Love A White Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.