Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? (1265 Views)

2010 Aprilia Power Bike 650cc For Sell / photos accident today between a car and and a power bike rider at wuse 2 a / Buy A Car And Pay In Monthly Installments Over 2 Years. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by 600CC: 10:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
I work with the government, (like really work for government the right way, so I don't do "kwangila" on the side).
I love riding, but I have to tag with friends, and it's not convenient.
Anyway, so I'm wondering if there are any businesses or individuals that facilitate...well, power bike purchases n spread out payment??
Nothing too fancy, 600cc, 2004-2008 model, Yamaha R6, or Honda CBR, or probably Suzuki Gixxer will do.

Any suggestions
Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by prinsbasy: 10:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
Biking is an expensive venture. Not for pure government worker and definitely not for someone who will buy on credit.. Wait till you reach Directorate cadre...

1 Like

Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by 600CC: 10:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
prinsbasy:
Biking is an expensive venture. Not for pure government worker and definitely not for someone who will buy on credit.. Wait till you reach Directorate cadre...

I was going to just say "thanks" then I realised that I wouldn't be entirely honest with you.
Going by your chain of thought, should I also not buy a house on mortgage now? Or should I wait till I'm in the directorate cadre for that as well?!
So, "I shall not take that under advisement"
I don't hope to be a director and riding a bike, I hope I'll buy my son's bike when I am in the directorate cadre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 29, 2016
600CC:

I was going to just say "thanks" then I realised that I wouldn't be entirely honest with you.
Going by your chain of thought, should I also not buy a house on mortgage now? Or should I wait till I'm in the directorate cadre for that as well?!
So, "I shall not take that under advisement"
I don't hope to be a director and riding a bike, I hope I'll buy my son's bike when I am in the directorate cadre.

Well, there's some truth in what was said.

Bikes are depreciable assets while houses are appreciable assets.

How about a personal loan from your bank?

1 Like

Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by 600CC: 8:49am On Jan 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Well, there's some truth in what was said.

Bikes are depreciable assets while houses are appreciable assets.

How about a personal loan from your bank?

Was just speaking "for instance"

Loan from bank...ultimately item would cost a lot more. Sellers profit, banks profit...besides taking loans to fund luxury is not advisable last I checked. Looking for something with a spreadout payment plan is all...

Thanks though...
Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
600CC:

Was just speaking "for instance"

Loan from bank...ultimately item would cost a lot more. Sellers profit, banks profit...besides taking loans to fund luxury is not advisable last I checked. Looking for something with a spreadout payment plan is all...

Thanks though...

Taking loan to fund luxury is acceptable and actually advisable if the calculations make sense and if you are buoyant.

Say you have $50,000 to buy a car in cash.

You can put the cash in a CD at 1.9% and get nanufacturer financing at 0.9%.

Which makes more sense?

You can even get 0% finance.

Speaking for instance of course.

1 Like

Re: Isn't There Anywhere I Can Buy A Power Bike And Pay Up Monthly? by ophilly: 7:46pm On Jan 29, 2016
You might be interested in this: https://www.nairaland.com/2830199/honda-cbr1000-superbike-sale, thank me later.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Clean Registered Lexus ES300/330 In Abuja / Tokunbo 2013 Benz C350 For Sale @ 7.3m / 2007 Toyota Hummer Bus (registered)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.