Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. (16301 Views)

Graduate Establishes Fufu Processing Plant In Imo (photo) / Palm Oil Mini Refinery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by donparosky(m): 11:02pm On Jan 28, 2016
I am an undergraduate and have saved up some money.I want to know how much it wud cost me to set up a good mini palm oil processing plant.I would prefer a mill that can squeeze out the oil using less human effort unlike d present mechanical methods used in villages.

Pls kindly share your opinion and advice.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by brianromel(m): 11:23pm On May 14, 2016
Depends on what you are refining for.

Crude palm oil

Or

Refined Bleached and Deodorised Palm Oil.

If it's crude palm oil(red oil), you done really need much

A separator, to separate the palm fruits from the fresh fruit bunch.

A boiler to boil the palm fruits so that the oil can be easily separated from the fruit.

A press to squeeze the oil out

Storage drums to store the squeezed oil

Bottles or jerry cans to pack the oil for sale.

Labour to work the process.

All in all about 250,000 to N300,000 should get you the machines (small scale)

If you are refining for RBD palm oil, then your looking at over N12 million.

Here you will need

A separater
A pressure boiler
A vacuum press
A degummer
An earth or chemical bleacher
A Deodorizer

Brian
http://the-ahamefulas.com/difference-between-nigerias-palm-oil-and-malaysias-palm-oil

4 Likes

Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by donparosky(m): 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
brianromel:
Depends on what you are refining for.

Crude palm oil

Or

Refined Bleached and Deodorised Palm Oil.

If it's crude palm oil(red oil), you done really need much

A separator, to separate the palm fruits from the fresh fruit bunch.

A boiler to boil the palm fruits so that the oil can be easily separated from the fruit.

A press to squeeze the oil out

Storage drums to store the squeezed oil

Bottles or jerry cans to pack the oil for sale.

Labour to work the process.

All in all about 250,000 to N300,000 should get you the machines (small scale)

If you are refining for RBD palm oil, then your looking at over N12 million.

Here you will need

A separater
A pressure boiler
A vacuum press
A degummer
An earth or chemical bleacher
A Deodorizer

Brian
http://the-ahamefulas.com/difference-between-nigerias-palm-oil-and-malaysias-palm-oil
thanks sir. to be sincere I've been in d business of palm oil for bout 4yrs now and am currently looking at setting up a sizable plant to extract CPO. d boilers and fruits extractors can be done manually buh my major issue lies on d press. what's d cost of installing an automated press for d extraction. d manual press efficiency is a function of strength applied to it by operators.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by PeteEngine: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2018
Can I plz see the pictures of the red oil machine
Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by darexkey(m): 7:35am On Apr 05, 2018
Check out our business plans rates and features here: http://darbotechub.com/business-plan-offer/
you can connect with us on whatsapp
Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by Apmix(m): 12:32am On May 11, 2020
donparosky:
thanks sir. to be sincere I've been in d business of palm oil for bout 4yrs now and am currently looking at setting up a sizable plant to extract CPO. d boilers and fruits extractors can be done manually buh my major issue lies on d press. what's d cost of installing an automated press for d extraction. d manual press efficiency is a function of strength applied to it by operators.
Hi Donparosky,
I appreciate your effort towards informing us with your wealth of experience.
I know your now have good experience, where you able to do this and what is your advise on machinery to use for palm extraction that will reduce manpower to the minimal.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: What Does It Cost To Start A Palm Oil Mini Refining Plant In Nigeria. by Theophinio(m): 9:17am On Apr 03, 2021
donparosky:

Hi Boss
What's the refined palm oil used for, because the crude one is for domestic consumption

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Business Can I Start In Lagos. / First Bank’s Rising Loan Losses Is About To Spell Doom For Its Balance Sheet / Fire Razes Orita-Aperin Ibadan Market, Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.