Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,860 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! (675 Views)

Yoruba Origin Of Oba Bini & Da Lagosians / 5 Lies Everyone Tells You About Northern Nigeria / Lies About Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
– Some lies are common to Lagosians alone

– Non-residents may find the lies unbelievable

– Lagosians can swear on anything

The notorious Lagos traffic is a ready excuse for late comers If you are just moving to Lagos or a JJC, you need to get on with this lie and not be too bothered about it! Here are 5 lies Lagosians tell themselves that you need to know.
I am almost there

If you have an agreement to meet any Lagosian at a place and you call him at the agreed time, it is very likely he will tell you on phone that he is almost there. If the case has to do with money, you can bet that he will assure you that he will be with you in a few seconds. A proper Lagosian uses that opportunity to down a bottle of cold drink while a JJC frets around. When he finally arrives, he is likely to tell you he was held up just around the corner- whatever that means.

I don’t have money

One statement you are likely to hear Lagosians utter all the time is that they don’t have money. Yet, they still go about doing things that involve spending money. Every Lagosian who receives salary claims he has spent the money even the money was paid. Ask a Lagosian for money and the first thing he is likely to tell you is that he doesn’t have money. He might later give the money to you but the initial statement should not be taken too seriously. Every Lagosian has no money even if he continues to spend it!

I only buy original stuff

Of course, nobody in Lagos opens his eyes and buys fake products. The question however is that how do people who produce fake things thrive? Everybody goes around parading himself an expert when it comes to getting things in Lagos but sometimes, you can’t tell until it’s late. Every Lagosian will tell you he has the best and the most expensive and nobody dispute it because it’s a game that goes round.

I am not at home

If someone is ready to see or meet you in Lagos, what you are likely to be told is that he is not at home and very likely just left a few minutes ago. Typical Lagosians do not bother to make inquiry but would go ahead and make the visit. If you meet the person at home, he is sure to tell you he just returned home a few minutes ago. Who is fooling who?

I was just about to call you

Call a Lagosian who should have called you and he will make it look like you just beat him to the call. He might even tell you he just dialed your number before your own call came through. Nobody takes this serious or react negatively to it but move on to the important reason for the call.

https://www.naij.com/712097-top-5-lies-lagosians-tell-time.html

1 Like

Re: 5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! by talktonase(m): 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
Story of cunning man die cunning man buryam!
Re: 5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
Everyone claims to be busy.
Re: 5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! by ojun50(m): 12:21am On Jan 29, 2016
6... U can get money with out working
Re: 5 Lies Lagosians Tell Themselves! by johnydon22(m): 4:54am On Jan 29, 2016
I don't like Bole and groundnut angry

(1) (Reply)

How Much To Marry Igbo Girl / Photo Of Emir Of Kano's 8-year-old Son In Royal Attire / See What A Nigerian Police Is Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.