Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

10 Best Jobs For Retirees In Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Best Jobs For Retirees In Africa (961 Views)

Dangote Refinery To Crash Prices Of Petroleum Products, Create 4,000 Jobs For Ni / Can Affiliate Marketing Provide Jobs For Nigerian Youths? / I Want To Invest 5-6 Million Naira In Biz That Will Create Jobs For 5 Graduates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Best Jobs For Retirees In Africa by frankbin2000(m): 10:31am On Jan 29, 2016
Are you retired but not tired and seeking for the best jobs for retirees in your country? I have compiled 10 best jobs for retirees that are workable in African countries. The listed jobs can also be obtainable in other parts of the world as I experienced in one of my visit in the Asian country of Thailand.

So to cut the story short, below are the 10 Best Jobs for Retirees in Africa:

1. Adjunct teacher

Take the knowledge you gained on the job and share it with students as an adjunct teacher at a school. The hours are flexible and you’ll have the holidays off.

2. Farming

This is a very lucrative and easy job a retiree can venture into. You can be a poultry, catfish, snail or piggery farmer. You can also own a cassava, yam or vegetable farm. Have labourers do this while you supervise. Just choose anyone that you have interest in and expand with the help of few workers.

3. Consultant

Depending on your field, you may choose to consult for your past organization or others on a project basis. Before you officially retire, put out word that you’ll be consulting, and check out [url]UpWork.com[/url] to find potential leads.

4. Crafter

Working in retirement doesn’t have to mean less time for your hobbies. Instead, look for a way to combine your hobbies and some income. You can sell your crafts on Etsy, or give music or other kinds of skill-based lessons.

5. Volunteer

If you’re working more to keep busy than for financial reasons, becoming a volunteer can have rewards that go far beyond a paycheck. Statistics, has shown that persons over age 65 spent nearly twice as many hours volunteering as any other age group last year.

Read the remaining 5 best jobs here http://www.thetotalentrepreneurs.com/10-best-jobs-for-retirees-in-africa/

Re: 10 Best Jobs For Retirees In Africa by bash4us(m): 10:33am On Jan 29, 2016
I thought you said 10. Are my glasses expired?

1 Like

Re: 10 Best Jobs For Retirees In Africa by frankbin2000(m): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2016
bash4us:
I thought you said 10. Are my glasses expired?

Yes Bash4us, you will have to read up the remaining by following the link below. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Suppliers Of Palm Oil, Beans And Cashew Nuts Wanted / Dangote Tomato Company Begins Test Production In Kano / In Need Of Dollars In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.