Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,075 members, 7,856,286 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Are More And More Nigerian Youths And Even Older Ones Getting Into Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are More And More Nigerian Youths And Even Older Ones Getting Into Fraud (933 Views)

Atrocities Youths Committed At Warri Shoprite And Plaza / Youths Threaten To Kill ‘prophet’ For Failing To ‘resurrect’ Audu / Pastor Arrested For Impregnating 20 Women In His Church, Including Married Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are More And More Nigerian Youths And Even Older Ones Getting Into Fraud by octopusie(f): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2006
It is with a heavy heart that i put down this observation. It is becoming a trend now, that our youth no longer want to work nor even learn a trade. They troop to the cafe in search of the golden fleece. For them it is the only way to strike gold and make it big. The culture of hard work is fast becoming a thing of the past. Even our fathers and older uncles are joining the race.

THE QUESTION NOW IS WHY?

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO REMEDY THE SITUATION?

IS THE SITUATION JUSTIFIED?
Re: Why Are More And More Nigerian Youths And Even Older Ones Getting Into Fraud by chumas(m): 4:23am On Nov 01, 2006
My sister, we have to change the society we live in. The problem we have is from the foundation. We have to do something about our leaders. U might not get where I am coming from just yet, but leadership in Nigeria is a cause for concern. When we get it right, we then have to create job opportunities for the young and old alike. There is nothing out there to motivate these people in Nigeria.

Using the internet cafe's have provided some of these young people with a source of income. Immoral and deceptive it may be (I DO NOT SUPPORT IT) but it is putting food on their table. Now our leaders have to restructure our economy first. Tackling these guys in those cafe's will bring them out on the streets and that will present another problem for us, if u know what I mean.

What are our youths looking forward to? NOTHING. We are heading to wards a failed state/economy. If we do not do something soon, fraud and armed robbery will be the least of our worries in time to come!!!
Re: Why Are More And More Nigerian Youths And Even Older Ones Getting Into Fraud by octopusie(f): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2006
I AGREE WITH WHAT MY BROTHER CHUMAS IS SAYING. I ALSO THINK THAT WE NEED SERIOUS SANITIZATION IN OUR WONDERFUL COUNTRY. THE PROBLEM OF CORRUPTION MUST BE TACKLED TO HELP SHAPE THE PSYCHE OF OUR CHILDREN BOTH AT PRESENT AND IN THE FUTURE. FOR FACTS, LOOK AT THE UNIVERSITIES TODAY, THEY TURN OUT THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF QUALIFIED GRADUATES IN DIFFERENT FIELDS BUT MAJORITY END UP ON THE STREETS, WITH NO JOB AND NO HOPE.

ONE BEGINS TO WONDER AT THE LEVEL OF SOPHISTICATION THAT ARMED ROBBERY HAS ATTAINED AND THE SUCCESS OF INTERNET FRAUD. THIS ONLY GOES TO SHOW THAT THOSE INVOLVED ARE NO LONGER NAIVE BUT HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AND EDUCATED AS WELL.

IN CONCLUSION I THINK THE CHANGE STARTS WITH US INDIVIDUALLY.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA, OUR FATHERLAND.

(1) (Reply)

Female Banker Crushes LASTMA Official To Death / Public Killings Again / Just Weird: Angry man throws his faeces at police officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.