Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind (1097 Views)

plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / How You Can Discover Your Purpose On Earth / The Earth Is Not 6000 Years Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
Often you will hear people boast in Nigeria uttering expressions as
"do you know who I AM.
"A WHOLE ME"

Foolish people who are you?

You are ordinary sand & water. You can drop dead anytime once your breath is gone & you start smelling like dead rats or lizard.

WHAT IS VANITY

Anything under the sun you can't use in your grave or carry along to your grave is vanity

Try & visit a corpse or mortuary & you will see that all under the sun is vanity.

How do you live your life?

A politician once said what he has amass through looting is enough to sustain his 10th generation & beyond if the world continue. I said to myself what a foolish man. Once you die, your children 's children will waste it all because you are gathering it for who will pity the poor (Proverb 28:8, Jeremiah 17:11

SOME OF THE BIGGEST FOOLISHNESS & VANITY OF MAN . (Ecclesiastics 2:17-18)

A man's life always center on pleasing himself & family. You toil day & night because of vanity like building mansion, acquiring cars, womanizing drinking, eating, traveling around the world. You do all you can to leave wealth for your children you are not sure how it will go. You have properties all over the world for vanity sake. storing millions/billions of money either in dollars or gold underground in your mansion. Why kill yourself , kill others, join secret society, loot the nation's treasury (almost now legalized in Nigeria), do rituals, yahoo yahoo, prostitute, etcetera all for vanity?

I know some mansions worth 100s of millions of naira in my state now occupied by house boys/girls /gatemen whose original owners are dead. Their children live abroad & not bothered coming . Many of these buildings in their 10,20,,50 owned by one person are scattered across the state, Nigeria & aside Nigeria. Do we humans forget we are mortals to allow the cares of this passing & temporary world drift us away into total vanity?

There is also this son of a very rich general in the Nigeria army. His father died & left wealth that can sustain the whole of a community for years assuming he decide not to add a dime to the inherited wealth but as I speak that vanity son blew everything on cocaine. This is the vanity of toiling hard to leave very huge vanity wealth for your children.

The vanity of some Women

Every now you see girls & entertainment celebrities displaying their vanity bodies and properties under the sun. They walk naked in the streets, many piercings in their ears and nose, spending so much vanity efforts on this perishing body waiting to be devoured by worms & ants in their grave soon. Worrying over dust and vanity of their body & populating hell fire in the process. Beauty and ugliness are both vanity.

Everything under the sun is vanity. You struggle to achieve a course & another benefits it be it your family or others it is vanity, you didn't achieve anything under the sun is vanity, tribalism is vanity, I am better than you is vanity, I am very intellectual & eloquent is vanity. and so on

TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
Why so much difference in advancement between the Western nations and Africa

They do all they can to share their collective wealth among her citizens and even strangers like immigrants, visitors & other charitable course. This they do for their fellow man to enjoy their brief stay here on earth like them.

How do you explain the richest people on earth today who are all from western world willing 95-99% of their entire wealth to government & charity?

These people are not as religious as Nigerians but they are naturally more closer to God in deeds than hypocritical Nigerians who profess to hear from God daily. Truth is majority of Nigerians from the wicked politicians to the rest human beings in the society do not love God, nor fear Him and they don't love their neighbor.

What do you see in Nigeria, a man and his family will hide all the vanity gathered legally or illegally, legitimately or illegitimately in banks all over the world, bury some underneath the ground, convert many into gold all because of their selfishness and wickedness. The good news all is still vanity that will be wasted and rust away before death or after death.

Another worthless worrying vanity is ENVY Why jealous or envy the progress of your fellow man? Don't you know this also is vanity and grasping for wind? Whatever good any one achieve in life be happy & celebrate with them rather than kill yourself over it. Whether they did it first or you do it first is meaningless. Do all to the glory of God.

Do you know the earth itself is vanity that will be melted soon by the Almighty God? Before then, man would have destroyed 70% of erected vanity he built in it.

The richest man & King ever lived on earth called Solomon look out all his wealth and achievements & concluded "vanity upon vanity is all vanity". If Solomon's wealth was to be estimated in today's dollar terms, it would be worth over 10 - 100 trillion dollars. The richest man alive today is still below $100 billion dollars

God allows Solomon to test all these including the many women to warn you that there is no gain in them. Ever since, nobody under the sun is close to Solomon again. Truth is as your wealth increase so your trouble too. Especially ill-gotten filthy wealth. Nevertheless they are all vanity & grasping for the wind.

Let us hear a more terrifying evil of a man born under the sun. Whatsoever a man does under the sun be it good or bad he will account for it all before the judgment seat of God. The maker of all things. It would have be better you were born a still child at birth than be cast into outer darkness to roast with Satan and his host of angels on the last day

Knowing that this world will be melted where then is the safest place to build your mansion and labor for without vanity anymore?

TO BE CONTINUE
Re: A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
The reality is this, if you don't listen and obey God's laws and love him, hell will be your home for all eternity!
Re: A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind by tpiar: 2:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
I agree with the thread title.
Re: A Man's Life On Earth Is All About Vanity And Grasping For Wind by MrPresident1: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
Asan l'ori asan, ofo l'ori ofo.

Fanity upon fanity, all is fanity!

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: Do You Know What Happened In Heaven Last Night? / Atheist And Agnostics, How Do U Console A Friend That Has Lost A Love One / The Quran Verses Of Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.