Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,503 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD (617 Views)

The Police Officer Who Survived The Robbery At Zenith Bank Owerri Pictured / Employee Organised The Robbery, Rape & Murder Of His Mistress & Master In Ilorin / I Was At The Robbery Scene To Patronize Prostitutes: Suspect Confess(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by Itsekiriman101: 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2016
I am amazed that Nigerians have not spoken out about the daylight robbery being carried out by both MASTERCARD and VISA CARD. Using Mastercard today for a transaction in Ghanian Cedi, i was surprised to see that they exchanged N81 for 1 Cedi !!!!!. If we say the Naira has depreciated against the Dollar, Pound and Euro, has it also depreciated against the Cedi. I read of someone who also did a POS transaction for payment in Pounds at N400/1 Pound. My question is "who regulates these agents"?. Why is their price even higher than the black market?

I am convinced that our banks have even started profiting from the Western Union and Moneygram waiver. Everytime you get to the bank to ask for this service, they say they have exceeded their limit. Many parents whose children school in West Africa have almost been frustrated in this respect.

My appeal to the Federal Goverment is to revisit this issue and deliver us from these capitalists whose interest is to increase the sufferings of innocent Nigerians.

God bless nigeria
Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
I think the banks and CBN are to blame, not Mastercard or Visa. Rates are set by the bank who are supposed to be monitored by CBN
Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by MagicBishop: 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
CBN directive coming from Dullardino himself.

They want you to patronise their approved and licenced black marketers, Adamu and Sons.

Next time withdraw your cash
Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by likila: 10:07pm On Jan 29, 2016
you want to transact in the global marketi with President Buhari as your president?
you never chee chomting

1 Like

Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by Vision4God: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hhhmmm
Let's kip praying.
Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by MagicBishop: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2016
And the useless mod thought by moving it to crime section he can hide the scam by the Buhari govt?

You try
Re: The Robbery Of Nigerians By VISA And MASTERCARD by tsdarkside(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
Itsekiriman101:
I am amazed that Nigerians have not spoken out about the daylight robbery being carried out by both MASTERCARD and VISA CARD. Using Mastercard today for a transaction in Ghanian Cedi, i was surprised to see that they exchanged N81 for 1 Cedi !!!!!. If we say the Naira has depreciated against the Dollar, Pound and Euro, has it also depreciated against the Cedi. I read of someone who also did a POS transaction for payment in Pounds at N400/1 Pound. My question is "who regulates these agents"?. Why is their price even higher than the black market?

I am convinced that our banks have even started profiting from the Western Union and Moneygram waiver. Everytime you get to the bank to ask for this service, they say they have exceeded their limit. Many parents whose children school in West Africa have almost been frustrated in this respect.

My appeal to the Federal Goverment is to revisit this issue and deliver us from these capitalists whose interest is to increase the sufferings of innocent Nigerians.

God bless nigeria

dont mind them...they just want to have the name in their pocket...the dont care if its killing them....

(1) (Reply)

Wicked!! See What A Nigerian Father Did To His Own Children [graphic Photos] / 36-year-old Nigerian Woman Arrested In Indonesia On Drug Trafficking Charges / Photo: One Killed As Soldiers And Biafra Supporters Clash In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.