Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,368 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? (2582 Views)

C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery / Php Vs Apache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by 9ja4lyfe(m): 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
Not sure what language to program my site in and everyone is telling me to do php. But i also heard good things about coding in asp. Which one is the better way to go?
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by lojik(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2009
Its not just about the language/technology you use, its about how good d programmer is able to use the language. This topic has been debated on almost every programming forum in the world. Whc one is you programmer better in? Both languages are great if u know them very well.
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by Z1mbabwean: 5:25pm On Jun 29, 2009
I would say learn php. The reason being that PHP is not a microsoft-created language, that means you can modify your code, get compilers and help without having to pay. PHP is very easy to learn and to sell as well. i.e. you can end up selling php modules(web sites scripts that are completely functional).

I have tried learning ASP, only to be stomped because IIS does not give the user (me) greater control over the server. www.w3schools.com will get you started.

One more point for php, it is multi-platform.
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by veryPhp(f): 7:00pm On Jun 29, 2009
PHP all the way! u can get free scripts to modify on anything u need to do.
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by ThePhantom(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2009
I use both. If I am building a small site/ or a web app with no need to keeping the data secure I use ASP. And I use Php for my main and bigger sites, I also use it to develop Web App(Online picture resizer and editor). At the end of the day, it depends on the one your are comfortable using.
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 30, 2009
I code in both languages. In all areas, support, compartibility, free scripts, easy coding. . . .
PHP I dont know of any area of programming that ASP is better than PHP.
I mean, if a site like facebook can run on php, and i can comfortably develop this site
- www.mybusinesspals.com (still working on it) - using php, then why bother myself with asp?
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by jidoo: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2009
As for me i love both language scripting but mostly i use php which i found easier, php goes a long way in working with, the expansion of php is robust which is getting wider if php could produce facebook what else, both of this language are pretty cool, but easier the PHP.
Re: Php Vs Asp: Which One Is Better? by kheme(m): 6:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
my question is, WHY on earth is ASP still out there ASP (ASs Paper) my ass!

I code in both languages. In all areas, support, compartibility, free scripts, easy coding. . . .
PHP I dont know of any area of programming that ASP is better than PHP.
I mean, if a site like facebook can run on php, and i can comfortably develop this site
- www.mybusinesspals.com (still working on it) - using php, then why bother myself with asp?
same question i asked when i saw PHP after i started with ASP. why bother?!? I mean, i consider the time i spent learning ASP a waste of my life, lol I picked PHP in ONE day and it became just as easy for me. i'd say it again "Bleep ASP!"

brother, go for PHP. i've used ASP and i've used PHP. i started with ASP before i met PHP and i will say it (again and again), screw ASP, settle for PHP and you will NEVER regret it!

(1) (Reply)

(java Only) A Programming Challange. / My Website Date Is Not Correct Why??? / I Need Help With Android Studio!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.