Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential (1135 Views)

9ice To NBC: "I Am Releasing More Songs You Will Have To Ban" / Hollywood Star Show Off Her Music Playlist Filled Wit 9ja Songs Like Wizkid,Tiwa / Flavour Looks Like Phyno's Bodyguard In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by Codedrock(m): 9:33am On Jan 30, 2016
CULLED FROM: T.I.N Magazine
REVIEW: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To make Igbo Language More Influential In The Music Industry.
Hello guys, its your favourite TIN Magazine writer and if you are a music lover or artist you should checkout the article below, its me talking about PHYNO's CONNECT song.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-yWMSIKQ0zwk/VqsutQUEP-I/AAAAAAAABqI/ILf_k9HMQSE/s400/video-phyno-connect-690x388.jpg[/img][img]

So, many Nigerian rappers last year tried crossing to the singing zone starting from Olamide and the rest, but actually only few of them did well and among the few is Baba Igbo, Phyno.
I tuned on to TraceUrban channel 325 on DSTV late November 2015 and guess what?? Trace was showing my favorite jam Adele’s HELLO music video, after the end of the video I was about switching to HIPTV when I saw “CONNECT” on the screen I was like; “Wetin be connect again Phyno??” And immediately I remembered someone on my Facebook TL was talking about one Connect song by phyno few days before, and I was like “let me check this one out for a minute sha…”

After watching the video for about a minute I was like “The hell?? Phyno haven’t rapped?” I was seriously feeling the rhythm and the few Brokin and English I could understand in the song and most especially the heavy cool beat cooked by T-SPICE was turning me on like torchlight and the video itself is so “doppy!” I didn’t finish the video before I went online searching the song and I realized it’s been released since October, didn’t know, “Not a big fan of Phyno ”. I immediately went on MTNmusicplus to buy the song because I loved it, well, that’s what I do when I hear songs on radio or somewhere that I really love its sound.

After downloading the song It was on my repeat for about 5times before I finally decided to look up the lyrics and translation online.. After getting the lyrics and meaning online I became much more obsessed with the song because it made a lotta sense to me. Even though I still don’t understand some words in the song but I can proudly tell you by now I have learnt some new Igbo slangs via Phyno’s Connect that I’m really digging right now, as a matter of fact I used a couple words from the song in a song I recently wrote.

So what am I saying in essence?? Any sensible music lover would know Phyno’s connect is among if not the best Hip Hop song sang in Igbo language in a very longtime. It has a sensible meaning, it’s not someone shouting “I am crazy, “I want to do Rihanna” and shi*ts like that. I think our Igbo musicians should start using the Igbo language a lot more in their music but when using it they should make sure it is a song with good rhythm and lyrics, I think via that way even many artists from other tribes will use Igbo language a lot more in their music and they will become hits.
Let’s take a look at Frank Edwards, Dude introduced us to some Igbo language via his good music and now lotta gospel artists are using these words in their music.

It is quite obvious the two most influential languages in our music industry at the moment are; Pidgin English and Yoruba language, these two languages are often used by many Nigerian artists of different tribes to make nationwide hits so I believe we can expand this via making more good music with our dialects.
So in conclusion I think we all should try making more good music with our dialects!!!

SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2016/01/why-we-need-more-songs-like-phynos.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by SKAMOD(m): 9:36am On Jan 30, 2016
kudos Nwanne I Love This

Wap2all Blogging
Re: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by asadike(f): 9:51am On Jan 30, 2016
Thks dear. u are so on point.

1 Like

Re: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by Funfreak: 2:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
You are right op. Dem Psquare and others no too dey use Igbo language for their songs the way D'banj d and others use their Yoruba language to make hits.
I love Phyno's connect and Osinachi those two are my favorites of the moment.
Re: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by lordcyl3(m): 2:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
enwe m chineke bi n'igwe enwe m conne..
Re: We Need More Songs Like Phyno's CONNECT To Make Igbo Language More Influential by Codedrock(m): 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Funfreak:
You are right op. Dem Psquare and others no too dey use Igbo language for their songs the way D'banj d and others use their Yoruba language to make hits.
I love Phyno's connect and Osinachi those two are my favorites of the moment.
Osinachi ft davido is just too dope! Davido's line is freaking funny!!

(1) (Reply)

Http://betaalalinemax.com/dermavie/ / 6 Lowkey Celebrity Relationships In Nigerian Music Industry / Confirmed! Tee Billz Actually Attempted Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.