Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Man With World Record 28 Fingers Is Scared His Carpentary Job Might Hurt Him. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man With World Record 28 Fingers Is Scared His Carpentary Job Might Hurt Him. (1156 Views)

Lady With Four Fingers Cause Twitter Meltdown... (photos) / World Record: One Man With Thirteen (13) Wives Got Them All Pregnant Same Time / Roasted Plantain Or Fingers? Caption This (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man With World Record 28 Fingers Is Scared His Carpentary Job Might Hurt Him. by playtheblues(f): 11:27am On Jan 30, 2016
An Indian carpenter who has 28 fingers and toes says he has to be extra careful not to slice off one of his extra digits at work.

Devendra Suthar, from Himmatnagar in Gujarat, in Western India, has more digits than anyone else on the planet - something that is recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records.

A carpenter by profession, the 43-year-old suffers from a condition called Polydactylism. He has seven fingers on each hand and seven toes on each foot - though two of his toes are joined.

People come from far and wide along with their children to see the 'man with seven fingers' and Suthar says he enjoys the attention.
He said: 'Because of my extra fingers people here treat me as a celebrity. They come to see me and the attention makes me feel special. 

Children laugh when they see me doing funny tricks with my fingers.

The expression on their face when they see my toes is priceless. It is because of my fingers that I have become a famous man.
'I consider my extra fingers and toes definitely are lucky for me and I do not want to cut them off.'

But having extra digits and working with them proves more difficult for Suthar, who admits to being cautious all the time.
He says: 'The extra fingers and toes certainly trouble me at times. I am a carpenter and work mostly with saw and hammer. I have to always be careful to avoid the fingers.'

Re: Man With World Record 28 Fingers Is Scared His Carpentary Job Might Hurt Him. by chukxie(m): 11:44am On Jan 30, 2016
This one strong oo!
Re: Man With World Record 28 Fingers Is Scared His Carpentary Job Might Hurt Him. by playtheblues(f): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2016
I pray to God to give him more strength to survive.

(1) (Reply)

Banky W Secretly Weds AMVCA 2016 Best Actress, Adesua Etomi / Happy Birthday Seun Osewa / Making Money Online By Helping The Less Privileged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.