Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

How i made it against all odds - true story - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How i made it against all odds - true story (2395 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / I Made A Horrible Mistake With My Lovely Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen, i have been around for a while , although havent been frequent here, what you reading is a true life story of mine, i am writing this to serve as an inspiration to someone out there and a reason not to relent in achieving your dreams. At early stage of my life, i was raised by both parents, death later took both, first was my mum, just after i had my WAEC i lost my dad too. I moved in with a relative, at the age of about 16years, from that point i hit the street, focus of my life changed completely, now this is life, i did all kind of jobs, my sister though she was too young for the suffer was taken in by an aunt. Well for me, The following year, most of my mates were in the university, they will post pictures on facebook, update status about school and stuffs like that ,i was sad and angry at my life . I started saving more, which made my friends see me as selfish because i wouldnt spend as they do, i dare not mention the idea of school to them, they will laugh at you like you were stupid. The following year i attempted Jamb, Passed but postUME no success, and again, still no success, i thought i had lost it academically, owing to the fact that i was one of the brightest in secondary school days, i got hope when i heard of how some people wrote Jamb up to 5times, i never wished that would be my portion though, i took my JAMB lessons more seriously, i would read outside at night fighting mosquitoes just to keep wake for a reasonable time, i got encouragement from my relatives but since their hustle wasnt paying handsomely, it was an O.Y.O project for me, they themselves would say reasons why they couldnt further their education, some blaming their father, uncle and other sort of excuses. I took jamb/p.ume the third time, no success again. At this point i lost hope and concentration, because i knew how hard i worked towards this one, at the 4th one i took a bolder step, i came back to my state for the post ume in a federal institution following the advice of my Jamb lesson teacher who did always advice me alot. For the post ume ,I stayed with a relative for the 2days i was around but i never mentioned the purpose of my travel to them, i wrote the exam, next day i went back to lagos and glory to God, this time i smiled, i took my admission letter to my uncle who said he wont be capable on fees when i asked for his support, some people even said who send me, that i am acting like my late father(gra-gra). I hustled like never before at the car wash, when i was leaving for school i had a reasonable amount of money to pay fees for at least 2years. I attached with a mate in the hostel at 1st year after i stayed for some weeks of camp with a relative, At second year, I got accomodation through a woman at student affairs unit, who was moved by my story ,and ever since i never lacked accommodation through her. I realised tuition fees wasnt an instant must pay, and some other dues. Well i didnt pay for two years of my four years, just in order to meet up with other immediate requirement due to my diminishing account balance, at 2nd year i had to start hustling, i never went for holidays, where will i even go to, i got no home like others and due to my work, i was no more frequent in school and i missed lectures as well but always have notes and handouts up to date to read at evening to late in the night, i would miss some unannounced test but at times i would meet the lecturer to explain things and would get a makeup test, at times i wont. Few carry overs hit me but yet my Cgpa was good, my happiness is that right now, i am done with exams in my final year. Although i owe the school good money, but i believe in God that i will pay my debts soon, do my clearance and head for service.

Why did i take my time to write this? Life is hard to some people while some never knew hardship, if your situation be anywhere near my shoes, when you find your self on the very hard side of life, stand up for your self, there are many challenges i didnt mention here, might not be necessary but human inhumanity to others is part of life, i passed through it, it gave me the strenght to push forward. Right now i can look up to tomorow, i have something that can seat me on a table among men with boldness. If you reading this, who ever you are, you have the enablement to help others, please do, be it a stranger, friend or family. Only God can reward your kindness.

To my fellow Lone hustlers, set your goal/path, you will see the light. You can also do it, If you out there, i want you to know you have no excuse. Its You alone, you are solely responsible for your life.

* *take care**

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 9:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Mods.

someone out there might need this.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by oluafam: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
May God Almighty continue to bless your hustle. A time shall come when you will have enough to give to others. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by urchbarbie(f): 3:08am On Feb 02, 2016
sometimes, I cant blame people who didnt go to school cox of one hardship or d other.....mehn its not easy. God wld provide d money for u to settle ur debts.

5 Likes

Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by ladyF(f): 5:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Why do I feel this story is made up? I wouldn't know the reason behind why you would do that though.

Although i owe the school good money, but i believe in God that i will pay my debts soon, do my clearance and head for service.

You have not paid your fees, yet you are pricing a phone of 30k in a previous thread? Even doing sports betting. angry Happy for you sha. Congrats on your graduation...
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by ifyalways(f): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2016
ladyF:
Why do I feel this story is made up? I wouldn't know the reason behind why you would do that though.
You have not paid your fees, yet you are pricing a phone of 30k in a previous thread? Even doing sports betting. angry Happy for you sha. Congrats on your graduation...
Lol.
Reminds me of one thread where the man claimed he's jobless, about to be thrown out of his apartment with 3 kids yet he was resident permanently at the betting thread.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by kennyman2000(m): 8:58am On Feb 02, 2016
Hahahahahahahahaha.. ladyF and ifyalways will not kill me with laugh here ooo.. Bursting them liars since time immemorial.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2016
ladyF:

thank you very much for this observations, check again, u will see technology market is my home, sportbet jus by d way, 'cos i have done deals on phones, before i got into school and i started off in school when i sold two mint used bold 5, i gained some trust and recommendations. i will write certain phone 4 sale on notice boards with ridiculous prices, peeps contact me since then, i did a few sales, for example, i buy cheap through ebay, or those who have it provided they give me good deals and sell here in school, i do this by collecting money from the person who needs this phone and procure the phone in about 2-3weeks, owner gets it and i keep my profit. Shippyme.com dealt a blow on me, they failed to deliver two q10 of which i ordered through them. I had to pay my customers back in full, i have tried patching up ever since but hmmm, i have another account here on nairaland i use for my deals, if you see it and check it out, you would see where i have been and know how hard i have tried, e no easy

and
As for sport bet, guys, in my age bracket who doesnt do it? i do that sometimes, tryin my luck out, just #100 now . Dont blame me na, I AM IN DARE NEED OF MONEY.

If only Baba God will pick my call.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2016
kennyman2000:
Hahahahahahahahaha.. ladyF and ifyalways will not kill me with laugh here ooo.. Bursting them liars since time immemorial.
from your signature, i am sure you know me on china route importation threads, peeps like 2sexy,mayorall and i, came in same time from season one and two of the thread, we provide solutions, to questions some lazy ones who found it hard to read from season one, before this days, people like yungmodulos still in game and the rest shaking up the place now, actually, a medical doctor opened the first ever thread importation from china, i wont mention him, he deactivated his account back then, dont know if he returned on the following seasons of importation threads. The wrist bank branding biz on ur signature, i v done it on three occasions.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2016
ifyalways:

Lol.
Reminds me of one thread where the man claimed he's jobless, about to be thrown out of his apartment with 3 kids yet he was resident permanently at the betting thread.
man with three kids, no steady income, doing sport bets, that man is epic failure, God4bid bad thing, there is time for everything o
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by abayomi93(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2016
Boss,I love your story.its quite encouraging.what class of degree did you graduate with?
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2016
abayomi93:
Boss,I love your story.its quite encouraging.what class of degree did you graduate with?
2'2, there things i wish i knew from year1, would v done better.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by nasha1(f): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2016
ladyF:

what if he is doing that 2 raise money?some people make money betting and stop while some get addicted.pricing a phone of 30k doesnt mean anything,he didnt ask for money from anyone,he simply wrote about his experience and encourage anyone going through the same thing.

1 Like

Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 6:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
urchbarbie:
sometimes, I cant blame people who didnt go to school cox of one hardship or d other.....mehn its not easy. God wld provide d money for u to settle ur debts.

amen o

oluafam:
May God Almighty continue to bless your hustle. A time shall come when you will have enough to give to others. Amen.
amen n amen

1 Like

Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 4:57am On Feb 03, 2016
nasha1:

what if he is doing that 2 raise money?some people make money betting and stop while some get addicted.pricing a phone of 30k doesnt mean anything,he didnt ask for money from anyone,he simply wrote about his experience and encourage anyone going through the same thing.
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2016
I am what God says i am!
Re: How i made it against all odds - true story by PriNceNova(m): 11:12pm On Feb 17, 2016
.please God let my story be more than that of 2016 liecester city F.C of england. . .Amen

(1) (Reply)

#RIPMAYOWA: “nigerian Media Killed My Sister” – Late Mayowa’s Brother, Habeeb. / Using Diesel As Kerosene. How Safe Is It? / Enviroshade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.