Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,496 members, 7,847,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Is Co.ng Not Available? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is Co.ng Not Available? (1065 Views)

Not available / Domain Name Has Expired, Yet Not Available For Registration / E-commerce Website Like Jumia.co.ng Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by markesh(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2006
For some reason, the nigerian domain registration is controlled by a single old man living somewhere in the southern part of Africa. He personally approves every single nigerian domain registration, and this process can take long. Considering the number of Nigerians online, and considering that there are 120 million Nigerians, this is very frankly - a SILLY situation.

Nigerians should protest and make the Nigerian domain name freely available for registration!
Re: Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by naijacutee(f): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2006
How do we protest? How did this man get such powers?
Re: Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by markesh(m): 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2006
His name is Randy Bush, and he is the person who was first involved in the internet during the information stone age. His website is here: https://rip.psg.com/~randy/

Read some more info here: http://writingpad.org/node/88
Re: Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by naijacutee(f): 11:25am On Nov 01, 2006
Oh, I see! The first article wasn't working but I read the second and man, that is criminal! Does it then mean that only the likes of Google (www.google.com.ng) and the Nigerian Goverment and any other super-rich individuals/companies are allowed to the the .com.ng domain name? Please abeg, where/ how do we protest? How does one get hold of this Randy Bush guy? I tried a search but most of the results are coming up with some baseball player. However, I found this site that claims to register such domains : www.nigeriancomputersociety.com Don't ask me why they are .com. I'm really with you 100% on this one as these domain extensions are so full of potential. I'm looking into some Power Alternatives to NEPA and once my project is completed, I figure such a domain name would come in handy and would get some recognition.
Re: Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by naijacutee(f): 2:29am On Nov 02, 2006
Oh i didn't realise, the above site I posted needs you to fill out a form then Mr. Randy has to approve it
Re: Why Is Co.ng Not Available? by niyyie(m): 5:23am On Nov 02, 2006
Web4Africa offers .ng domain registration on condition that you host with them.

You can even search live for .com.ng domains!
http://www.web4africa.net/cart/index.php

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Exhibition Trade Fair. / Open Letter To The Smf Management From The Smf Developers / Help Out Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.