Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title (374 Views)

Andy Murray Withdraws From Brisbane International With Hip Injury / Novak Djokovic Knocked Out Of Aussie Open By World No. 117 / Andy Murray Finally Beats Djokovic To Claim World No 1 Spot In Tennis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title by cdapsin: 1:01pm On Jan 31, 2016

Novak Djokovic captures 6th Australian Open title, keeping Andy Murray winless in 5 finals in Melbourne

World number one Novak Djokovic beat Andy Murray in straight sets to win his sixth Australian Open title, and hand the Briton a fifth final defeat.

The Serb, 28, won 6-1 7-5 7-6 (7-3) to claim his sixth Melbourne title, tying the record of Australia's Roy Emerson.

Djokovic also draws level with tennis greats Bjorn Borg and Rod Laver on 11 Grand Slam titles.

Second seed Murray, 28, has now lost all five Australian Open finals he has played, four of them against Djokovic.

The Scot becomes only the second man - behind his former coach Ivan Lendl at the US Open - to lose five finals at the same Grand Slam since the open era began in 1968.

Andy Murray at the #AusOpen

2010: Runner-Up
2011: Runner-Up
2013: Runner-Up
2015: Runner-Up
2016: Runner-Up

SOURCE: http://afriwap.com/sport-gist/novak-djokovic-beats-andy-murray-to-win-sixth-australian-open-title/

CC: lalasticlala
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title by cdapsin: 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title by cdapsin: 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2016

Murray gave his speech "Feel like I've been here before." Oh

mynd44 ishilove lalasticlala
Re: Novak Djokovic Beats Andy Murray To Win Sixth Australian Open Title by Habayomie(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mr Murray-Ask Buhari how he finally make it.
Andy Murray:Every final I feature back to back,from 2010 to 2016,yet no winners medal.
Novak Djokovic:egbon Murray,if na the medal you want,come and take.av had enough.I just wanna make sure I defeat u.

(1) (Reply)

England Footballer Adam Johnson Involved In Sexual Abuse With A Girl Under 16yrs / [VIDEO] Barcelona 2 – 1 Las Palmas (la Liga Highlights) / Bet Now. An Email From A Turkish. Source For Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.