Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,595 members, 7,823,583 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

My Pain...My Beauty. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Pain...My Beauty. (3596 Views)

My Pain / "Sweet Pain" / Bolaji Agbekoya (the Pain Behind The Smile) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 3:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hello everyone, this my first story on literature section and would like you all to follow up this story, criticize carefully grin .Hope you enjoy it and please if you are folowing you can just drop your comments as I will be pleased to read from you all. Thanks. **cheers**.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
My Pain...My Beauty.
Episode :One

" Please do not hurt me please "I kept saying as I ran with all the strength I have in me but I kept running until I fell due to exhaustion. I could not move again I was tired and beads of sweat covered me up then I looked up panting to see who has been after me,he looks horrible and more like the monsters I do see in horror movies his face was full with beards that have been left uncombed for long he suddenly grounded his teeth hard at me and looked at me with horror filled blood stained eyes. I yelled out and shut my eyes out of intense fear but could not keep them close for long as I trembled, I kept my voice low and muttered few words.He brought out a knife and pointed it directly at me, he was about to stab me in the eye when I screamed.
"No! No! No!

I woke up still shouting no and sweating profusely, it was a dream and I was glad but terrified. What sort of dream is this I wondered and tried going back to sleep when I heard the screams from the next room then a loud cry. I thought this must not happen today, not again at least not this night after my horrible nightmare. I wanted to ignore and sleep back but could not, the cries became louder and then I knew the monster would not let her go easily tonight and this got me more angry, I kicked my bedcover aside and I suddenly felt a surge of anger raced through me and I knew I was going to do it, yes I am.

I tiptoed to the kitchen and took the knife, momma just sharpened it the previous evening and so it shone brighlty in the dark. I looked at it with so much passion for what am about to do and I head towards the room. My legs were trembling bad but I ignored it....my eyes was filled with tears as I stoped at the front of the door....I closed my eyes and held onto the doorknob, then I heard the cry this time around more intense as I opend the door forcefully. He stared at me in disbelief and shock, what came over me I did not understand as I pointed the knife at him, he steped back and droped the belt on his hand but fixed his gaze at me....he was confused and I saw it in his face and that gave me the courage and then I saw her, my momma she was laying on the floor helpless and crying she looked so weak and fragile and that hardened my heart and I ran towards him with the knife.
"You monster" I screamed as I stabed him in the stomach, he looked at me with the utmost disgust. He was not expecting me to attack him so he felt the pain and then he tried to hit me but I stabbed him again and this time around I twisted the knife in and let it sink, I heard his bone crack and he fell.
I felt a cold run through my spine and my head was spinning as I knew the impact of what I just did but then it waved off just as qucikly as it had come. My momma was up now and was so scared that she slapped me out of her fright, then I fell.
I woke up with a severe headache and was trying to figure out what happened as I saw blurry eyes staring at me in whites...I slept back. The next time I woke up, I felt more relieved and open my eyes to see my momma by my side "what happened momma?" I asked.
I realised I was at the hospital as I saw a nurse walk in and gave my momma some instruction, I was still confused when the events of the previous night started flooding my memmory, I was terrified and screamed. My mom rushed to me and tried to calm me down but I insisted I wanted to leave. "I want to see him" I kept on shouting.

My mom with anger snapped back at me" you killed him".
I could not believe she said that to me. I just suddenly became quiet, I knew my mom was obsessed with the beast we have been living with but could not beleive she would acuse me her daughter so quickly as that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
spicy244 , onstelly , estharfabian , jasha , misspicy ,
wristbangle , laveda abbykem , pwettyella ,
endowednicky , cruzita , donholy28 , mzgracie ,
kweenbeejey , medunah , yilly , punkveer ,

Hello everyone, sorry for the mention. This my new story and I hope you do enjoy it.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by cruzita(f): 3:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
Bbsharon:

wristbangle , laveda , abbykem , pwettyella ,
endowednicky , cruzita , donholy28 , mzgracie ,
kweenbeejey , medunah , yilly , punkveer ,

Hello everyone, sorry for the mention. This my new story and I hope you do enjoy it.
OK we are here
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by donholy28(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
*spreads my raffia mat* this looks promising
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by joanee20(f): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Uninvited.. but am here
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
pulls up in a red 911*ogini ne mme hia*
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by jacy67(f): 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
continue, we're following back to back
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Pwettyella(f): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bbsharon:
wristbangle , laveda , seun abbykem , pwettyella ,
endowednicky , aytevans cruzita , donholy28 , mzgracie ,
kweenbeejey , medunah , yilly , punkveer , lalasticlala ,

Present ma
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by onstelly(f): 10:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bbsharon:
wristbangle , laveda , seun abbykem , pwettyella ,
endowednicky , aytevans cruzita , donholy28 , mzgracie ,
kweenbeejey , medunah , yilly , punkveer , lalasticlala ,

Present oh
Grab seat and pop corn with pepsi
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2016
Episode : Two.

I felt pain as I looked at her tears filled eyes...it was obvious she was not going to take my side from the look in her eyes.This time around my eyes was filled with tears as I look at my momma who was too emotional to even talk and then I remembered how the beast had walked into our lives without caution.
My dad had died when I was barely 5years and mom have decided to remain single because she could not find a replacement to the kind of love she shared with my dad. As young as I was then I can still remember the love we shared in the house and momma always told me my dad liked to call me oluwanifemi which is my full name beause he loves me so much.Tho we were not rich but we were comfortable, happy and had peace not untill the cold hands of death took dad away as he died having battled with cancer for long and left me at the mercy of heartbroken mom who refused to remarry despite all the pressure from everyone but she insisted she wanted to be with her daughter. My mom showed me untold love and never wanted to see me hurt. I grew up with so much love from mom that we became inseperable and never hid any secret from the other.I grew up to be a very beautiful mama's pet and she never seized to shower me love anytime she has the opportunity.
I remembered that day my 15th birthday, momma has made every preparations and sent out all invites,the guest started strolling in around 5pm as the time was scheduled for 4pm.Aunty Laura thats my mom immediate younger sister had been busy with mom ever since morning with cooking while I have been busy with my phones smiling at every text and phone calls I recieved.I made sure I sent the last reminders to my friends for the party.
Finally the quest came in twos and then threes until we had every seat occupied to my surprise because as at 4pm I thought people were not going to turn up but my bestie sharon kept telling me to be calm and reminded me how we both went to a friend's party 3hours late the last time and that everyone is just trying to obey the African time rule. Everything had gone smoothly as planned and I had so much fun. The party was almost over as people began to leave gradually until he walked in unsuspectably,he seems to be looking for someone but I was not sure who it was as his gaze seems to be everywhere searching. He had the brightest smile have ever seen and seems to be the perfect gentleman every lady desires.Dressed in a nice fitting Ralph Lauren's polo t-shirt with jean, he looked cute as a cat and no doubt he was a man of luxury as he commanded an air of wealth around him with his poise.As I looked at him from across the room I tried to fix him but could not.It was my party and am meant to know everyone present but he seems different and dangerously out of place. The music had just changed to a very low tempo and infact my favourite Marvin gaye track but I was suddenly lost in it all. Then momma walk in and right into his warm embrace as they seems to laugh over something togehter, I was startled as have never met him before or has she told me about him but I was happy at least he was not a total stranger after all.I was busy giving my friends farewell hugs and kisses when mom walked up to me.
Mom: Hey baby, can you excuse me for some minutes pls?
Nifemi: sure momma.
I said as I beamed with smile and whispered something to sharon and shouted "I will be right back" she led me to the back of the house where the cooking was done and all plates scattered and I wondered what was wrong. Then a thought occured to me and I said "No ommma am not doing the dishes now, I will do that when am done talking with my friends...please ?" I asked pleading with my eyes.
But she placed her finger on my lips and said "surprise ! Surprise ! Guess what baby?
Nifemi: Momma you know am not good at your guesses because you always seem to cheat on me with it so am not guessing.what's the big deal, you tell me.
She was just smiling or rather blushing as she seems to be looking at the doorway to the kitchen. Then I turned and saw him looking all innocent.He walked towards us and held onto mom's hand confidently.I Just stared and watched them both smile at each other, it was clear someone was in love.
Mom: Okay Nifemi, this Segun or Mr segun and he is my husband.
To say I was left dumbfounded is an understatement and could not believe how it all happened, mom never kept anything from me. I smiled and looked at Mr Segun closely but cautiously and could not understand what he did to my mom but it was clear he has something up his sleeves.I gave him the "look here, have got no blank space to share my mom with you" and walked away from them.I could hear my momma's voice but I was not listening anymore.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Episode : Three

"Excuse me ma, are you Mrs Bolaji Segun Williams?"The voice jerked me up from my thoughts and brought me back to the present.
"Yes I am" my mom replied without looking up.
"Have you come to take me away?" She asked turning round to face the man in uniform who seems so uneasy to get his job done.
"What is going on momma? Why are there here for you and not me? I asked looking inqusitively. It was obvious she was not going to answer me.
"Momma please answer me please, " I said but she just stared at me in the eyes and did not say a word.
" Am inspector Adeife from the ikeja police divisional office and according to a statement you wrote down at our station last night in reference to the death of Mr segun Williams you are under arrest for murder of the deceased. We will like you to follow us to the station now and you have the right to remain silent because any thing you say or do now might be use against you in the court of law" the police officer said directing his colleague to handcuff my mom.
I jumped down from the hospital bed and walked to the police. "She is going nowhere with you, you have to arrest me instead. She is innocent and I should be the one arrested" I kept shouting but they would not listen. The nurses came to hold me back but I kept on struggling. Then my mom stoped when she they were about to put her in the police van,she turned around and gave me a kiss on the forehead and said " I need you to be strong baby, you will be fine. Promise me you will?"
I wanted to answer but I cried instead and let the tears flow freely, I realised what she just did for me and I knew I had hurt her and even at then she had to bear the cross for me.I watched them take her away and I fell on my knees and cried my eyes out as the nurses took me in consoling me.
Aunty Laura came in the evening with grandma and the thought of them not knowing my mom did not commit the offence she is being accused off left me with a heavy sense of guilt. I looked at grandma with so much pity as she tried to console me with her grief. My mom and Aunty laura are the only children she has and I can imagine her pain of knowing one is on her way to jail soon.
The doctor walked in and spoke to my aunt before walking to my bedside. "Alright lady, you are free to go home now and I really want you to promise me you wilk take your medications so you do not have to come back here. Besides, remember your mom needs you to be strong for her" he patted me on the arm as I stood up since I was more than ready to leave the place. We walked to the car in silence, words seems not to find a place in our lives at the moment.
" can I go and see momma today? " I said as we approached the street to Aunty Laura's house. I asked.Then grandma spoke in yoruba telling me my mom insisted I should not come to the staion to see her until the court hearing.I could not believe what I just heard and turned to Aunty Laura.
"Aunty Laura please take me to see momma please or else I will go there myself" I said with a tone of seriousness and threat. " Nifemi, have gotten a very good lawyer for your mom, and trust me she will be fine" she said as she parked in the driveway.
She told grandma to take me Inside as she will be going to see my mom at the station, This was not going to be easy and the tought of my mom not wanting to see me broke my heart the more.

******Six months have passed since mom was sentenced to twenty seven years in prison as her lawyer fought hard to make sure she was considered to be in self defence which led her to attack my stepfather.Have been staying at Aunty laura place all the while, she took care of me well even tho she was always busy with her work as she happens to be a nurse.It has been same routine of staying at home all day crying my eyes out as the image of my mom wearing the prisoner wear and doing hard labours weakens me,following grandma to church and going to see mama at the prison every month. It was more painful when she refused to talk to me for the first two months. Finally she talked to me the third month I went to see her and ever since then we got back to talking like before but she would not still tell me the reason why she put up with my stepfather's action all this while without complain and why she refused talking to me. She has promised she was going to tell me all of it today and I was more than eager to hear it all. This visit was very special because it was my mom's birtday and I had prepared her favourite dish of Efo riro and Semo with lot of stockfish alongside with the pineaple juice I had work late night squeezing and preparing for her. I had told Aunty Laura to help me bring the photo albums and the tiny box my mom kept her wedding ring to my dad for me the last time she went to the house to get my things for me.I opened the ring and thought of how happy mama will be seeing it and we could look at the pixs together and then talk.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2016
Epiosde : Four.

As I approached the prison gates I seems to feel uncomfortable about something and a thought kept coming to my mind but I brushed it aside. I walked the usual route to the visisting room. One of the warden quickly appoached me and told me to sit and that I will be attended to shortly. While waiting and already running out of patience due to my nervousness I decided to go remind the warden I was still waiting . My eyes caught a glimpse of someone I knew but I was not too sure as the person was in a haste. I saw the warden and I was about excusing him as he seems to be talking to the female warden in ush tones. " Excuse me sir, you seems to have forgotten you kept me waiting?" He turned and directed the female warden to talk to me as he hurriedly left the room.
" Miss, can you please go back and wait I will be with you in a short while"
" Okay, but is anything the problem? Why this much trouble to see my mom today, "
" Just relax and I will get back to you" she placed a call and spoke to the person in ushed tone as I walked back to wait. I brought out the vegetable soup to check and make sure it has not poured due to the gridlocks on my way, it was still in place so I covered it back properly and waited patiently browsing through my phone.Then I heard footsteps appoached.
"Nifemi we need to leave now, something came up" to my surprise it was aunty Laura and she seems to be in hurry and tensed up. " Aunty Laura what happend to you, and where is momma? Talk to me please. What is going on? I said as it seems obvious something was definetly wrong. Aunty Laura had left home very early to travel to Abuja for a conference so why she is here now is what I could not comprehend, she just stared at me with an expression I cannot seems to understand and then burst into tears. The Aunty Laura I know is a very strong woman and whatever makes her cry must have hit her bitterly.Then it occured to me that have only see her cry when she lost her baby. My mind seems to be beating very fast and I feared the unthinkable, I felt the heat covered me up and my sweaty palms could not hold my phone anymore as it droped freely to the floor.The sound it made seems to pierce my heart to the reality of what I was about to experience.The arms of the warden on my shoulder seems to weigh me down instead of comforting me as she spoke.
" We were doing the routine check this morning when we saw her lying motionless on the floor, we rushed her to the clinic but she was confirmed dead on arrival.The doctor said she must have slumped. We are very sorry for your loss and believe me we share your grief"
the warden kept on talking but I was not listening anymore as I seems to have an intense headache and could not concentrate, I tried to say something but I screamed and fell to the ground. Aunty Laura held onto me on the floor and we both cried together at first it was sobs till we were both crying like babies and could not console each other.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
Epiosde : Five.

"This life is not our own, it is a market place where we come to buy and sell and at the end of the day return back with either profit or loss.How you live your life now determine the life after.Live today like is your last.One day it will be your turn to leave this earth, what will you be remembered for?" The Reverend preached on as I was preoccupied with my thoughts, "is this how life have decided my fate? Do I have hope of living in this world full of deciet and venom? How do I cope wihout momma?"

Have been pondering on this thoughts for the past three days my mom died. "This was not our plan momma, I muttered to myself as I watch her lie in the coffin ."is this what it means to be as mute as death without life." The fear gripped me and I shivered as my uncle stroked my arms to console me. My dad's immediate younger brother have arrived from benin with his wife and they have been of great help to aunty Laura and grandma.
" Today I call on everyone here to check his or her ways and see if it seems right and if you die today will you be worthy of that glorious crown? Ask yourselves this question and meditate on the thoughts as I call on the deceased daughter to say her farewell to her mother." The priest said.
I steped forward accompanied by my uncle and sharon my best friend. I looked at her again as she lay innocently, she must be at peace at last I thought. Everyone was silent as they looked at me, wanting to hear what I have to say. I looked at the trees and saw how happy the birds are as they chirp and make melodious sounds.I cleaned the tears from my eyes and spoke.
" Momma, when we meet again we will both have a long talk. I hope you find that happiness you have seek all this while.Forgive me momma as...." I was unable to finish what I was saying as I burst into tears.
My uncle consoled me as he led me to where Aunty Laura was standing with grandma's niece. Grnadma could not come as it is forbidden for a mother to be at her child's burial. The reverend ordered the coffin to be closed and lowered then each person took turns to pour sands on it

**** A year has passed since my mom died and Life has never been the same, everything seems to be wrong as I never figure anything meaningful about life anymore. I cried everyday, I had nightmares upon nightmares...grnamda have returned back to the village and Sharon has gone to the university. The roads are still busy, the birds still chirps, the cock crows as at when due, everyone has gotten back to their life and they seems not to notice momma was gone.I felt pain at the thoughts but I had a plan and I waited for Aunty Laura to be back at night to tell her.
Two days later I moved to our old house, Aunty Laura has insisted she employ a househelp and a gardener to stay with me since I insisted I wanted to get back to the house. As I moved around the house the memories flood in and it crumpled me as I fell on the sofa lost in thoughts. The image never left even after he is dead. He was my nightmare and my horror but I killed him and I ought to be happy I did but I was not rather I felt untold pain at the thoughts each paasing day.
" is this what I want to do? I asked myself .
"Is this what you really want to do?" the voice asked me.
" Are you going to lock yourself in this whole house all day, months and years?, is this the best shot you can throw back at life for handling you this way? Common, this way too good, why don't you go lock yourself at your grandma's place and watch her grow with her grief? You are way smarter than this but you have decided to undermine that which you posses and I would not be surprised if you consider suicide soon"... the voice stoped abruptly and the fear griped me as I stired on the sofa to face an unknown face. " who are you? "
I asked with the fear in my eyes.She gave me a long boring look and walked past to sit on the sofa close to me as I trembled. "How about getting to know you more Nifemi" she said with an authoritative tone in her voice.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by sharliz(f): 7:56pm On Feb 04, 2016
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
sharliz:
Nice piece dear..am loving it

Thanks a lot dear.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Pwettyella(f): 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nice story,still following
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
Pwettyella:
Nice story,still following
thanks a lot.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
onstelly:
Present oh Grab seat and pop corn with pepsi

lol...welcome
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
jacy67:
continue, we're following back to back

thank you.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2016
oloyolo:
pulls up in a red 911*ogini ne mme hia*
welcome
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
joanee20:
Uninvited.. but am here
You are most welcome.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
donholy28:
*spreads my raffia mat* this looks promising

sure it is...you are welcome.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 10:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
cruzita:
OK we are here

Welcome grin
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by haryodejy(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
dat got a tear from my eyes kip it rolling
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2016
haryodejy:
dat got a tear from my eyes kip it rolling

Awwwwwwn thanks.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by haryodejy(m): 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
Bbsharon:

Awwwwwwn thanks.
uwc..wen is d next post droppin

1 Like

Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 1:33am On Feb 06, 2016
haryodejy:
uwc..wen is d next post droppin

soon.
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by ayili: 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2016
Bbsharon:

soon.

How soon ??
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Rukkydelta(f): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2016
Following
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2016
Mention my name when you continue
Re: My Pain...My Beauty. by Bbsharon(f): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
HateU2:
Mention my name when you continue
I will. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

"They Came" / What's Your 10 Years Writing Dream? / The Need To See Literature Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.