Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. (1450 Views)

Huge Python Killed By Soldiers In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / The Huge Snake Caught By Soldiers In Borno State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by zoneros(m): 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
A lady posted this on my timeline on Facebook.

This incidence happened on Saturday, 16/01/2016, when I was returning from my Msc class at Kwara state university (KWASU), Malete. I was in company of four other postgraduate students in a private car,out of which three of us were females sitting at d back seat and the other two were males. We were stopped by a soldier immediately we got to the check point at Sobi barrack(along Malete road).He walked towards my side at the back seat.
"Remove that thing", he said,pointing at my veil. I answered that I cannot remove it. He ordered me to come down and I did. Remove that thing before I count 3, a second soldier said. Gently, I asked him why should I remove it, and angrily he pointed towards a postal(with Abubakar Shekau's picture on it) on the wall of one their brick-filled drums and said
"Go and ask him". Turning his back at me,
"If I count three and u don't remove it, I will deal with you mercilessly.

Without altering any word,I stood while he counted his 3. He turned towards me in a scaring manner and I moved a few steps backward. "If not that u are a female,I would have known what to do for u", he said. They threatened to take me to their general inspector. I was ordered to call my husband and they told him that I will not be allowed to move an inch out of this place if I don't remove my veil for them to see my face.
Apparently disappointed by his unapproving answer,they further threatened not to let me go without seeing my face even if I were the daughter of the president of Nigeria.

While all these continued, a female soldier arrived and was going to forcefully remove my veil but I resisted. I eventually followed her to a corner where I opened the veil for her. She searched my bag and,found nothing than books,and still threatened to delay for another 30 minutes. We were allowed to go eventually after enough harassment!

What do you think of this. Do you think the soldiers were right to detain the lady and her course mates?
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by EHMIR(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pix of what u were asked to remove
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by resty4(m): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
What r u insinuatg? Put it straight d woman w6re naqkab ie vein dat cover d face now 2 answer yr qustn d sojas r very right consdrg security chalnges we found ourselves.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by Tallesty1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
On your timeline
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by nerilove(m): 4:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
The lady got all wrong. She's s ostubborn. The soldiers are just doing their job. You should have raised the veil at the onset. Its an embarrasement to you and those in the car. She should know about the recent suicide bombings and the veil. Don't do that next time because you don't know who you might meet. Obey the law.

1 Like

Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by rheether(f): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
My friend, you got it all wrong.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by zoneros(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Tallesty1:
On your timeline
Yea.. on my timeline.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by zoneros(m): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is the remainder of the post. Does she have a point?

Is this the price to pay for practicing one's religion?. Chiboks girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram in military uniforms, the uniform was not banned.Robbers rob banks in military uniforms (at least you remember Lekki bank robbery where many policemen were killed),yet military uniform was not banned to be used by soldiers. Why?..Probably because it's not the cause of robbery. How will banning face veil be the solution to Boko Haram insurgency. Pls share,perhaps, it will get to the appropriate quarters for redress. I am a Muslimah, I am not a terrorist.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by Vision4God: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Just here to read comments
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by masseratti: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
zoneros:
This is the remainder of the post. Does she have a point?

Is this the price to pay for practicing one's religion?. Chiboks
girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram in military uniforms,
the uniform was not banned.Robbers rob banks in military
uniforms (at least you remember Lekki bank robbery where
many policemen were killed),yet military uniform was not
banned to be used by soldiers. Why?..Probably because it's
not the cause of robbery. How will banning face veil be the
solution to Boko Haram insurgency.
Pls share,perhaps, it will get to the appropriate quarters for
redress. I am a Muslimah, I am not a terrorist.
all those you quote are banned to be used by non authorized personnel,even in islam scholars have argued that in small instance some things can be wave,if those blood thirsty animal are using women,girls in burqa to carry out their attocitise,its better for us to identify ourselves,we have females soldiers im the army and police,they can.be used to identify true identity of anyone under the burqa,nothing wrong with the mini.hijab btw.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by dacovajnr: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Forget oooo! That Checking point @ Sobi no be sere sere..We wey dey ply that route knw as e dey go...dem no born you well make you call or even pick call or make your fone just ring..you are almost finished niyen...Till you pass the college sef your car most move @ slow pace.. grin
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by Modsenemy(f): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Vision4God:
Just here to read comments

Me am here to spread mat .

Lalasticlala, this is what we need on FP. .please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by zoneros(m): 11:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
masseratti:
all those you quote are banned to be used by non authorized personnel,even in islam scholars have argued that in small instance some things can be wave,if those blood thirsty animal are using women,girls in burqa to carry out their attocitise,its better for us to identify ourselves,we have females soldiers im the army and police,they can.be used to identify true identity of anyone under the burqa,nothing wrong with the mini.hijab btw.
Nothing wrong with the short Ijabs all right but the long ones could be accessory to terrorist attacks.
Re: This Is How A Lady Was Treated By Soldiers At Sobi Barracks Check Point. by masseratti: 9:08am On Feb 01, 2016
zoneros:

Nothing wrong with the short Ijabs all right but the long ones could be accessory to terrorist attacks.
i just said that in my post,the soldiers have problem with the faceless ones.

(1) (Reply)

#BBN Bally Ballat Biography | Bally Ballat Profile And Age / Admission Without Jamb / Why Change My Username?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.