Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,574 members, 7,847,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well (807 Views)

Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 / Anti-virus For Mobile Phones(samsung S5533a)star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by ernestnwo(m): 9:34am On Jun 30, 2009
There’s been a buzz lately about navigation in Nigeria and I have been skeptic, however I had a great experience with the Garmap. I discovered a lot more cool features like day and night graphic mode, coordinates, emergency location messaging, weather update, flight status, several points of interests and Panoramio which is actually a user generated geo tagged data base of photos of interesting places around Lagos and all the user needs to do is to click go and the navigation takes to where the photo was taken. Believe me, it’s a near endless list.

Another aspect of the application that trips me is the quality of the map data, having used Garmin and Tom Tom in Europe I was amazed to see the streets and navigation are as accurate and compatible on all brands of mobile phones/PDAs with GPS receivers.

I got my Garmap on Nokia E75 and I’ve been using it for 1 week now and loving it more. I recommend this application to everybody as It can just change the way we find places without need for house number, address, street names or area which has for so long failed us all. Garmap location messaging just takes care of that. Well all of my friends are getting or I won’t visit.
Re: Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by texazzpete(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2009
The person who paid you for this advert will be pleased at your output.

ernestnwo:

Well all of my friends are getting or I won’t visit.

WTF?!
Re: Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by Infoseye(m): 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
Chai! See gramma lol!
Re: Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by ernestnwo(m): 7:09am On Jul 01, 2009
Thought we could share experience of mobile phone navigation in Nigeria via this forum.

What is your experience with any you have used?
Re: Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by sistasbros: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2009
ernestnwo:

Thought we could share experience of mobile phone navigation in Nigeria via this forum.

What is your experience with any you have used?

Been using a Garmin SatNav in Naija for about 8 months and a Garmap for mobile for 2 month. I dropped the SatNav cos it was limited to my car and I like hitching rides. Great for navigating. Not perfect but finds some places you dont expect like Abaranje in Ikotun. I look forward to the location messaging catching on. It is cool if someone can send me coordinates from their phone and my phone can find the spot.

I know Lagos very well the map has allowed me to try new routes because I believe I can't get lost. And I drove in Abuja.

But the application is power intensive so it is advisable to launch only when needed.
Oh! And I gave the wife the SatNav and those 'where is the way' calls have reduced.
Re: Garmap For Mobile Navigation Works Really Well by Fadajasi(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2009
Pweew

(1) (Reply)

Zain New Name -bharti Airtel Launch / Nokia E5 / New Arrived U.k Used Black Berry At Cheap Prices. Starting Price Of 15k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.