Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation (20138 Views)

Youths Beat Customs Officer In Lagos Over Man's Death. Photos / Pastor Commits Suicide In Kaduna / Zimbabwean Pastor Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend, Videos Himself (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by globalruns: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2016
A 49-year-old pastor, identified only as Bassey, has reportedly slashed his throat after he was accused by his church members of diverting funds for personal use.

It was learnt that the incident happened last Monday around 5am on Abari Street in the Mulero, Dopemu area of Lagos.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suicide was reported to the police at the Dopemu divison, and policemen deposited his remains in a morgue, while his wife, called Iya Emmanuel, and son, Emmanuel, were arrested in connection with the incident.

It was learnt that the pastor had written a short note, stating that his family was not complicit in his death.

A police source told our correspondent that preliminary investigation revealed that the pastor was frustrated after he was accused by the church of diverting the undisclosed sum.

“The knife used by the pastor to kill himself has been recovered. He also wrote that he killed himself. We learnt that he was accused by his church of diverting money. He was probably frustrated because his neighbours described him as a God-fearing and honest person. We are still trying to find out the actual amount involved,” the source said.

A neighbour, who identified herself as Seun Oladimeji, said the pastor had been awake in the night, walking around the passage. She said a note, which read, “I, myself, not my wife”, was found in the family’s room after his death.

“I don’t know whether he (pastor) did it because of the money issue, but he and his wife were very friendly. He woke up around 3am that day. I learnt his wife and son, Emmanuel, later begged him to go back to bed. At about 5am, the woman screamed for help. We all gathered in their room and saw blood gushing out of the pastor’s neck.

“Unknown to the woman, he hid a knife which he used to slash his throat. Before he died, he wrote on a piece of paper ‘I, myself, not my wife’. I can say it anywhere that it was not his wife who killed him. The son was just crying; he was not himself. Both of them were arrested.”

Another resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the pastor and his wife had a good relationship with each other, adding that she did not believe his family members had a hand in his death.

He said, “Pastor helped his wife with her hair before the incident. They really loved each other. Most times, while the wife washed clothes, he would be spreading it on the line.”

Another resident, Mr. Olatunde Olasunbo, said the pastor moved to the area with his family two years ago.

“I did not know his church, but he was God-fearing and very nice. He was always with his bible. Even if he diverted the church funds, suicide is not the solution. He and his wife related like siblings. They moved to this area two years ago,” he added.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident via a text message, adding that the case had been transferred to the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba.

“Case transferred to the SDCI for further investigation,” she stated in the text.

http://www.punchng.com/pastor-accused-of-diverting-church-funds-commits-suicide/
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by bewla(m): 6:39am On Feb 01, 2016
hell so sai

modify, am i in the front site na wa o
not easy

dedicate to my crush lady f and that moderator issi some thing that end with love ,i site u lalas

happy new month

one love

1 Like

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by thorpido(m): 6:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Picture of the slashed throat?
He was selfish and inconsiderate of his family.If you are accused falsely,you prove your innocence.
Even if they condemn you,the Lord will acquit you.
If indeed you diverted the funds,you can seek forgiveness and accept the punishment.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by psucc(m): 7:07am On Feb 01, 2016
Woah! How I wish someone was they to help or he even divulged his evil plans to someone. May be his soul would have been delivered. It would have been better he told his own side if the story and even if he did so, bore the shame and plead for forgiveness.

May God have mercy upon us in Jesus Name Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Nathdoug(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2016
Endtime suicide...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Profkomolafe(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2016
Holy sucide............ But is plucking the head off the best medicine for headache?

1 Like

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by ngmgeek(m): 9:36am On Feb 01, 2016
A Lot of unbelievable things happening in our churches these days.

Lord have mercy!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2016
No matter the situation one finds one's self , suicide shouldn't be an option. A good name is better than all the riches: although the pastor has shattered the trust and name he has built over the years, he could have faced the problems he caused for himself and probably build back the trust and amend his relationship with his church memebers and friends . He who thinks suicide is the fastest way to end whatsoever depression he is facing in life is a coward and will answer to God on Judgement Day. Why run away from a problem you caused for urself on earth via suicide, when you will still account for all the evil things you have done on Judgement day before God??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by looseweight: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2016
RIP to the him
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Kreamie(m): 9:37am On Feb 01, 2016
It's one of two things:

He's either guilty; and in order to avoid shame, he took his own life

OR

He's innocent and can't stand the persecution and witch hunting

Either way; SUICIDE IS NEVER THE ANSWER

2 Likes

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by winkmart: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2016
[size=14pt]That is why you have to stop believing in PASTORS...beleieve in your God only[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by AdemolaA2: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2016
Fe
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Opinedecandid(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2016
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by HRich(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2016
End Time Pastor.
Double sin for him.
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by kceewhyte(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Only for 9ja
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by tunwumi: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Psalm18: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Why did the cops arrest his wife and child

3 Likes

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by dubemnaija: 9:39am On Feb 01, 2016
Is he yor.....?
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by AdemolaA2: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
G
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Alison7777(f): 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Only here in naija, wonders shall never end.
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by millionaireman: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Pastor Mugu was his name.
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Lanretoye(m): 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Which one come be to arrest him wife and son nah?,dem no carry knife to go do forensics.
Boys scout better pass Nigerian police self.

4 Likes

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by holyokoto(m): 9:40am On Feb 01, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if Pastor are the worst thing that ever happened to mankind. Is like God himself is fed up with all these Pastors
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by nairagossip1: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
hmmm
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by adesewa4uyahoo(f): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2016
Awwwwww eyaa rip to him... The church people must have really frustrated him.. God forgive me but that isn't the solution now... Who knows maybe God would have vindicated him at the end.
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by diportivo: 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
He wrote a suicide note,and also stated in it that his family isnt complicit in the suicide

The police av now arrested the wife and son in connection with his death

angry

How do u arrest the family members after you av confirmed that the deceased killed himself?

Whats the correlation between suicide and homicide??

Naija police which way?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by dguizman(m): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by pretydiva(f): 9:42am On Feb 01, 2016
Straight ticket 2 hell..too bad
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by Segadem(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation by crazygod(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Nigerian police still needs serious training on investigating cases and forensics. I know they will torture the wife in to confessing wat she didn't do. Nonsense people

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Pregnant Woman Over Church Offering / Photos Of Suspects Arrested At The Illegal Brewery Uncovered In Lagos. / Edgal Imohimi, Bans Policemen From Patrolling In Mufti & Commercial Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.