Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood (27790 Views)

Stella Damasus: Getting Married 3 Times Was Worth It / Stella Damasus & Daniel Ademinokan Hang Out Ahead Of Orlando Concert (photos) / OJB Jezreel Death: Peter Okoye, Stella Damasus, Yvonne Jegede, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2016
JiggamanGh:

Happy New year baby..... Long time, how's life?
Fun and thrilling. Especially school. How's school now? You're done,right?
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by JiggamanGh: 12:05am On Feb 02, 2016
dovelike:

Fun and thrilling. Especially school. How's school now? You're done,right?

Wow!!!!!!!!! that's great, happy for u. I graduate this may.

Have u figured out what you want to do?
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 02, 2016
JiggamanGh:

Wow!!!!!!!!! that's great, happy for u. I graduate this may.

Have u figured out what you want to do?
In school? Yeah. Am majoring in Nursing
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by iamord(m): 12:54am On Feb 02, 2016
wazobiaN9:

You are sore loser.

Nigeria stares at you everywhere you turn when you are in Ghana.. Banks, telecoms, entertainment, other businesses, students, and the ugly elements of course.

You feel so invaded cum embittered, now you suffer from apparent denial and a creeping inferiority complex.

In case you are a member of the diaspora (or not), I'd advise you git off NL fast and get 'home' asap before that naija guy drills your babe thru leaving you a gaping hole.

Yank your head from the sand you this ostrich and deal with realities like a man!!
how does this your nonsensical talk equate to what he was saying?
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by iamord(m): 1:34am On Feb 02, 2016
shogz89:
I actually watched all the documentary I think on TVC and what Stella was addressing is just a tip outta many. That lady said a whole lot of bad stuffs including nollywood having a single story line, actors portraying a single character in various movies and all. It was kinda true buh the solution she suggested was like we should throw away our history by changing the name so to change the way the industry is viewed.. That's what I will never support cos a whole lot of people got us where we are and people like tunde kelani and the afolayans where among this people that start the industry and still in the quest for correcting any negative impression it once had and will never want that kind of solution. Not changing the fact that nollywood paved the way for most of this young generations even across Africa
very nice bro. Constructive criticism
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by Originalsly: 5:37am On Feb 02, 2016
If you try to sell 10 people a movie for N25.... all 10 would be interested....until you say it's a Nollywood movie...at least 7 would say they don't look that crap and keep it moving. Why?...Nollywood has bad connotations.... garbage movies.In the same way...the name Hitler has bad connotations. ...mass murderer and for that reason you wouldn't name your son Hitler.You can agree or disagree with someone's opinion...but Stella went overboard and made it personal. What exactly did Leila say that was out of line/disrespectful/not true/insulting? I still don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 02, 2016
JiggamanGh:

Envious of nigeria and Nigerians for what reason? Please we have better things to do than be envious of an insignificant country called Nigeria.

Leila has also insulted Ghanaians hence she said she will never produced any movie in Ghana. Leila is just a rude gal it has nothing to do with Nigeria. We don't really check for Nigerians.
come.. wetin u dey do for Nairaland? Dont u have a cediland to go to? If Nigeria is so insignificant u wouldnt be trolling abt in what concerns it..
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by wazobiaN9(m): 8:19am On Feb 02, 2016
iamord:
how does this your nonsensical talk equate to what he was saying?

If you don't respect yourself plus others appropriately, and feign to be a learner, you would receive the same lesson(s) as your ilk.

He asked for the knocks.
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by iamord(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2016
wazobiaN9:

If you don't respect yourself plus others appropriately, and feign to be a learner, you would receive the same lesson(s) as your ilk.

He asked for the knocks.
Let's get some points clear. This whole misunderstanding between the two nations is immature and uncalled for. Leila djansi is a movie producer, and she is airing her personal views and not on behalf of Ghanaians. As you well know there are a lot of Ghanaian acts that star in Nigerian movies. If they were to think other wise you will not see them acting with Nigerians. It's a constructive criticism that should be replied back constructively. Seeing it as Ghana trying to claim bragging right or make comparisons does not make sense. And that's what JiggamanGh tried to clear out. But it's always seen as an attack. Be of a clear judgement
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by olisaEze(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2016
ideatoprince18:
.... I no blaim dem ..

I blame our ghost for Nigeria film wey dy look road b4 I'm cross
LWKMD! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Stella U no 4waste ur breath, u just gave her d publicity she's bin lookin 4.
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by wazobiaN9(m): 10:33am On Feb 02, 2016
iamord:

Let's get some points clear. This whole misunderstanding between the two nations is immature and uncalled for. Leila djansi is a movie producer, and she is airing her personal views and not on behalf of Ghanaians. As you well know there are a lot of Ghanaian acts that star in Nigerian movies. If they were to think other wise you will not see them acting with Nigerians. It's a constructive criticism that should be replied back constructively. Seeing it as Ghana trying to claim bragging right or make comparisons does not make sense. And that's what JiggamanGh tried to clear out. But it's always seen as an attack. Be of a clear judgement

You have made a good point, and somewhat a defence for JiggamanGh.

However, note that i slammed him for his ill-advised attempt to demean Nigeria using the word 'insignificant'... Like seriously, the biggest economy and most populous country in Africa to say the least??

Medaase!
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Feb 02, 2016
JiggamanGh:

You don't notice yet you are commenting. Fool by any other name

Mind your business. I'm commenting on my country woman's comment or am I doing so on a Ghanaian forum?

I don't know if Ghanaians have one but you're here commenting. Your foolishness is obvious. Continue with your bad belle and hating. Only not good for health. But that's your problem.grin grin grin grin
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by herboshedhe(f): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Action filmgrin

Please visit and like our page@www.facebook.com/ tummiescollections
Re: Stella Damasus To Leila Djansi: You Have No Right To Insult Nollywood by herboshedhe(f): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Action filmgrin

Please visit and like our page@www.facebook.com/ tummiescollections

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beverly Osu In Love With Another Woman's Man? / Taiwo Ogungbe Campaigns For LG Chairmanship (Photo) / Lolu Meets Bbnaija Top 5 Finalist After His Eviction (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.