Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,800 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:49 AM

Building A New Nigeria With Music. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Building A New Nigeria With Music. (324 Views)

Olamide Campaigns Against Drug Abuse With Music Video For “science Student” / Download New Nigeria Music / Listen To Podcast App With Music That Cust Across Soul, Pop, Rnb, Gospel, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building A New Nigeria With Music. by justwords(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Let me quote me: "Tis the smallest sword there is, yet the most effectual of weapons of war, only few know the power thereof, for tis few who are master's at wielding it, I'm talking about the Pen."

Anyone could choose not to hear a preacher, anyone could choose not to hear a political speech, we could all choose not to hear even the evening news, but hey, you'll just have to be deaf, not to hear a song! Regardless how junkly bad, how lyrically insane, how perverted in culture, regardless how much it promotes vanity and everything immoral, regardless how much you hate it, you just cannot resist hearing music... Because, you don't need to be the one playing it, your neighbors, the bus driver, the shop attendant, the person sitting next to you, the CD shop just near your Junction, keeps playing it; and though you hate it, you'll have to be deaf to not hear the song... I sure say I nor dey solo, in this expo. Hey, there's something to learn here, just imagine what it'll look like, if the musicals we just can't resist were purely musicals!!!

Music is not "amusement" actually, music is "musement" the diametric opposite of amusement. Music, from the word MUSE suggests sublime arrangements of sounds, here I prefer the ReHearsal House Nigeria philosophy of music, I'll quote it: "ReHearsal House Nigeria holds that music is the most sublime arrangements of sounds in a manner that pleases the ears, entertains by MUSE, feeds love, feeds the soul and glorifies God." [ReHearsal House Nigeria is a research Academy of applied music, lyricology, composition and scriptwriting].

From kids at school to youths and adults everyone knows the wordless words of these heavy beat driven "amusic", i beg your pardon; but just imagine that we could just have at least a message driven musical scene... Imagine what mindsets we'll unconsciously pioneer...

We could actually build a new Nigeria with music, like Plato said: "let me make the music of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws

Credits: ReHearsal House Nigeria: www.rehearsalhouse..com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Promote Your Music/video For Free / Photo Posted On / Listen To: Ransome – From My Head (prod. By 2jo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.