Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! (4131 Views)

Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017. / GSM Subscribers To Pay More For Data From Dec.1 (1.5gig To Be N3000 Now) / Mtn's New 2k For 3.75gig And 1k For 1.5gig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
holarmy10:

Pls bro how do I boost the data with 500?

I posted it above.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by jaymichael(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2016
porchster:
This is to inform all Glo subscribers that the 1.5 gig data bundle introduced to android phones users is totally a scam!

I ignorantly purchased Glo sim card to enjoy the awoof offer of 1.5gig for #1000 from Glo, to my greatest surprised I discovered that; I can't download,surf on net. Even when I called customer care line for about 3 times to fix the probs, they were unable to provide any solution to it.

Have been so devastated and angry with myself for been deceived.

Moreover,Sometimes when I on the data connectivity both the 2G and 3G network won't appear for 10-20 mints, even when it appears, it will be as useless as not switching on the data connection.

At first I thought the problem was with my phone, not until I tried other network especially Etisalat, that I now discovered that Glo scammed Nigerians.

I don't know if they reduced the speed of the network? or something else. The most annoying part is that, my data will soon expire in few days time and I still have about 60% of my data still hanging(unused).
Set data connectivity to 3g only. or WCDMA only.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by okooloyun1(m): 12:46am On Feb 02, 2016
I have experienced d same thing b4, Op the problem is with your phone APN settings not data subscription.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by KaBabs1: 1:20am On Feb 02, 2016
timbros:
@op porchster. ..

Why do you guys always shout SCAM whenever something doesn't go well with you? Is it not the same Glo 1.5gb for 1k that I am using to post this very comment? Please for God's sake if Glo network is bad in your area, IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE SCAMMED! Pick up your dictionary and check the meaning of the word 'scam'.

I browse, download, stream etc with this data plan without any stress.

The best part is you can boost your data by using 500 naira to add 1gb to your existing plan.

You are not scammed. Thank you.

eh ehn? Bros abeg, how I go take add 1gb to my data with 500?
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by holygenius3(m): 3:26am On Feb 02, 2016
I have witness this glo 1000 naira scam, under 2 days the data is exhausted without you streaming videos. I have used it several times and get fed up with I need another network that is honest with their data bundle.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by onismate: 3:57am On Feb 02, 2016
prahcetomi:
Don't mislead people here......I'm currently using #1000 for 1.5gig subscription.
. holarmy10 pls what is the code to subscribe for that glo 1.5gb ?
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 5:22am On Feb 02, 2016
KaBabs1:

eh ehn? Bros abeg, how I go take add 1gb to my data with 500?

I explained that in an earlier post in this thread.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by babybuzx(f): 6:29am On Feb 02, 2016
It WOrk very Fine for me, eventhough the network is very poor in My àrea. Most times, i will have just a Bar and it will bé connectinG fast. Amb going to subsribe for it again today.
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by nenergy(m): 7:24am On Feb 02, 2016
porchster:

Moreover,Sometimes when I on the data connectivity both the 2G and 3G network won't appear for 10-20 mints, even when it appears, it will be as useless as not switching on the data connection.
I have been experiencing this since I began using Glo for data last year, but it got worse last week. I planned swapping my sim because its an old sim, maybe that will solve the problem. Sadly, they refused to swap the sim. www.nairaland.com/2901842/arm-twisting-telecom-operators-rant-globacom
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 02, 2016
See how to get 3gig with just N1000 with glo. Very easy.

http://www.etechgist.com/2016/01/how-to-use-glo-bis-n1000-for-3gig-on.html?m=1
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by prahcetomi(m): 8:19am On Feb 02, 2016
onismate:
. holarmy10 pls what is the code to subscribe for that glo 1.5gb ?
*127*53#
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by mjames: 8:24am On Feb 02, 2016
Instead of asking questions he is opening useless thread. Seun please close this thread
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by KaBabs1: 10:27am On Feb 02, 2016
timbros:

You will been in a data plan already.

For example if you are already in the 1.5gb for 1k, the data booster becomes important if your data is about to exhaust while your expiry date is still far.

To boost your data, dial *777#, press 1 for 'data services', 1 for 'buy data', 6 for 'boost data'.

Bros, there's no 6th option there.

Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by bettyLad(f): 10:46am On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=emrain post=42542320]See how to get 3gig with just N1000 with glo. Very easy.
Pls is this real, does it work for andriod fone like samsung?
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
mjames:
Instead of asking questions he is opening useless thread. Seun please close this thread

lol Glo never do you strong thing... i pray you witness 1/3 of what am facing
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by timbros(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
KaBabs1:

Bros, there's no 6th option there.

Select option 1 'buy data'
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by ewizard1: 6:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
I understand the OP well... tho not the SCAM part.
Glo is really not doing well with data. Sometimes, it takes up to 20 - 30 mins for the data signal to get active (This really annoys me).
They give so much data for that cheap while they have a poor data service. Very poor!
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by KaBabs1: 7:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
timbros:

Select option 1 'buy data'

Got it. thanks
Re: Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! by porchster: 1:08am On Feb 03, 2016
pls do we have any other definition to scam when you give more data for cheaper price and the network is as erratic as electricity in Nigeria.

No wonder we their staffs here castigating the writeup.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Just Bought It’s Rival / See Pictures Of This New Phone That You Can Use For 3 Days Without Charging / Watch Live TV On Your S60, Android, Iphone, Window Phone, PC, Ipad, Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.